Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
so this is the thread where everyone says their best american born prospect should make the team...with that said its an absoulte atrocity against mankind that nobody mentioned derek stepan ryan mcdonagh or chris kreider
:facepalm:
only at HF

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
I could see Dubinsky on the team too. I don't know who he'll replace because basically every forward there is better, but he has a chance

SchennSational1022*

so this is the thread where everyone says their best american born prospect should make the team...with that said its an absoulte atrocity against mankind that nobody mentioned derek stepan ryan mcdonagh or chris kreider
:facepalm:
only at HF

Kreider isn't even in the NHL yet, so calm down it's not that crazy. and the only hole realistically open as it looks right now is one or two spots, which in that case would be Fowler or Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk >>>>>> McDonagh.

It's too early to tell though.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Unless Erik Johnson comes into his own there is no way he should make it over Ryan Whitney and Paul Martin. Personally, I'd take Martin.

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
Kreider isn't even in the NHL yet, so calm down it's not that crazy. and the only hole realistically open as it looks right now is one or two spots, which in that case would be Fowler or Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk >>>>>> McDonagh.
Hockey wise, you are correct. But McDonagh's first name is Ryan, which clearly gives him the edge.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Unless Erik Johnson comes into his own there is no way he should make it over Ryan Whitney and Paul Martin. Personally, I'd take Martin.

Sorry, your're wrong. Erik Johnson is coming into his own and was a stud on the last Olympic team. He'll be there for sure. I think the ship has passed on both Whitney and Martin.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I can definitely see a role for an Orpik or Martin type guy, you've got to have a guy who can handle a ton of PK time.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Parise-Statsny-Ryan
JVR-Kesler-Kane
Stafford-Pavelski-Kessel
Brown-Backes-Callahan
Dubinsky

Suter-Yandle
Martin-E. Johnson
Orpik-Goligoski
Whitney

Miller
Quick
Schneider

skroob**

Callahan should be a solid bet, but the rangers could also send players like Stepan (playmaker), Dubinsky (grit and hustle) to the bottom-6 roles (you cant have a team of snipers), and with the way Ryan McD is progressing, you never know.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
and with the way Ryan McD is progressing, you never know.

Yeah, you never know. But, I think it'd be very unlikely. We should have a good selection of defensemen to choose from.

E. Johnson
J. Johnson
Yandle
Suter
Martin
Fowler
Bogosian
Whitney
Goligoski
Orpik
Carlson
Shattenkirk
McDonagh
Byfuglien
Gleason
Komisarek (Yes, Komisarek)
McBain
Gardiner
Leddy
(Prospects like Merrill, Faulk etc...)

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Sorry, your're wrong. Erik Johnson is coming into his own and was a stud on the last Olympic team. He'll be there for sure. I think the ship has passed on both Whitney and Martin.

Tim Gleason was their best defender and I don't see anyone mentioning him in this thread. Whitney and Martin are both superior defenders at the moment, so I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Unless, like I said, Erik Johnson finds some consistency to his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad