Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kremelin Wall*

34 year old orpik would make the team? No faith in Bogosian or McBain or a puckmover like Wiz or Gogo or Shattenkirk?

Blank

Apr 11, 2007
I would think Kane playing wing and Kesler at center.

Nasty line tho.. They'd be all over the ice.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I also think it would be a good idea to have Byfuglien on the team due to his versatility. Personally, I'd play him at forward in the Olympics and you know if it comes down to Canada vs. USA, he's got that edge on Luongo.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I also think it would be a good idea to have Byfuglien on the team due to his versatility. Personally, I'd play him at forward in the Olympics and you know if it comes down to Canada vs. USA, he's got that edge on Luongo.

Good point. but only if he's the 13th forward. we can't have him playing defense against this kind of competition.

I'll be shocked if Paul Martin isn't on the team.

I won't.

I would think Kane would be centering the top line.

I agree, but aren't all the lines "top lines" anyway.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I think JvR will certainly be in the top 9 by then.

Kid has speed, but has quite an underwhelming shot and less than stellar hockey iq.

I'd like to see where Neal and JVR are in 2 years.

SchennSational1022*

Take out Pominville (replaced by JVR) and Orpik, add Shattenkirk

Mind you this is in 2 years ..

Cleary84

Nov 7, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Kid has speed, but has quite an underwhelming shot and less than stellar hockey iq.

The kid has one of the hardest shots on the team and has played on the point on the PP.

He's into his 3rd year with a ton of new pressure as well as a big upcoming contract. I think 3 years he'll be a premier power forward for USA.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
The kid has one of the hardest shots on the team and has played on the point on the PP.

He's into his 3rd year with a ton of new pressure as well as a big upcoming contract. I think 3 years he'll be a premier power forward for USA.

Could be but as it stands now, Byfuglien is a much better power forward and has proven it on the biggest stage.

SchennSational1022*

I'm a flyers fan and I think the only negative thing about JVR going into the future is his shot.

SchennSational1022*

Could be but as it stands now, Byfuglien is a much better power forward and has proven it on the biggest stage.

If you would take Byfuglien over JVR going into the future, there's something wrong with you. The contracts even favor my opinion. Byfuglien is a defensemen now anyway :handclap:

Eamonn*

Jake Gardiner could possibly be a great addition by 2014. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the WHC next year either.

SchennSational1022*

Calling Buffy a defenseman is so wrong on many levels.

Why is that? He never crashes the net as much as he used to and is used a defensemen .. he pinches a lot more than a normal d man but that's about it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad