2014 Russian WJC roster

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Grigorenko if not in the NHL, Kamaev, Kuptsov, Shiksatdarov, Shingareev, Vasilevskiy (G), Filipov, Osnovin, Barabanov
huge group of the already known 95's.

Last edited:

Timur2010

Feb 6, 2012
So who are some of the candidates for next year's team?

Grigorenko - NHL

My roster:

Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

A. Bereglazov - A. Mironov

Lisov - Zadorov

Vasilyev - Tryamkin

Koledov - Lyubushkin

Slepyshev - Yakimov - Zhafyarov

N. Goldobin - Osnovin - Nichushkin

Kuptsov - Buchnevich - V. Zykov

Zharkov - I. Barbashev - Lebedev

Barabanov, Komarov

Fulcrum

Grigorenko - NHL

My roster:

Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

Lisov - Zadorov

Vasilyev - Tryamkin

Koledov - Lyubushkin

Barabanov, Komarov

Good roster! 1st post too :handclap:

Nichushkin and Slepyshev will be the "sharp" edge of the attack. Grigorenko would be insane if not in NHL somehow...

Revengeality

Jan 3, 2013
Grigorenko - NHL

My roster:

Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

Lisov - Zadorov

Vasilyev - Tryamkin

Koledov - Lyubushkin

Barabanov, Komarov

agreed, nice one. perhaps tolchinsky is worth mentioning as well.

Dares

May 13, 2009
some big defencemen there

how does the team look compared to last 3 years ?

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Grigorenko - NHL

My roster:

Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

Lisov - Zadorov

Vasilyev - Tryamkin

Koledov - Lyubushkin

Barabanov, Komarov

Nice list ! But I would take Kamaev in this lineup for sure and Zadorov at Defense too. !

Fulcrum

hmm, what about Barabanov. Looks really small, but 46 pts in 39 games is not bad. Maybe gifted like Gusev?

Some more considerations:
Shingareev from Magnitka - 48 pts in 38 games, size is OK
Krutikov from MHK Spartak -37 pts in 39 games
Ogurtsov from Red Army - good points for defenseman, a giant too

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Grigorenko - NHL

My roster:

Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

Lisov - Zadorov

Vasilyev - Tryamkin

Koledov - Lyubushkin

Barabanov, Komarov

Good job!

Very weak at center, assuming Grigo is in the NHL.

Yakimov is a nice player but limited offence.

Hopefully Buchnevich can step it up and be the number one center.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
hmm, what about Barabanov. Looks really small, but 46 pts in 39 games is not bad. Maybe gifted like Gusev?

Some more considerations:
Shingareev from Magnitka - 48 pts in 38 games, size is OK
Krutikov from MHK Spartak -37 pts in 39 games
Ogurtsov from Red Army - good points for defenseman, a giant too

what about barabanov? see my post above. same for Shingareev.

Fulcrum

Not weak. Just not as strong as this year. We had the deepest center position in decades.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
I hope Buchnevich have a breakout season next year, he could be a good #1 center on this team. Don't think Yakimov can produce enough offensive to be first line center, same with Osnovin i think, but haven't seen him play that much.

For fun here is my roster one year ahead.

Slepyshev-Buchnevich-Nichukhkin
Zharkov-Yakimov- Kamaev
Zhafyarov - Osnovin- Tolshinsky
Lebedev -Barbashev - Zykov

Mironov - Tryamkin
Zadorov- Vasilyev
Koledov - Bereglazov

Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

And then we also have my darkhorse in Evgeni Svechnikov, 96 born highly skilled, was good in u17 tournament this year young but if he develop great until next championship why not take a look.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Ya Delnov should be considered, I see Goldobin as pretty much a lock at this point. Maybe some of the 96's if they are strong enough? Lazarev, Nikolishin. Has anybody mentioned Lysenko, Vorobiev, Valiev or Snitsyn yet on defense? IMO Barabanov for sure, very skilled kind of guy, one of the better forwards last year at the U18s.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Ya Delnov should be considered, I see Goldobin as pretty much a lock at this point. Maybe some of the 96's if they are strong enough? Lazarev, Nikolishin. Has anybody mentioned Lysenko, Vorobiev, Valiev or Snitsyn yet on defense? IMO Barabanov for sure, very skilled kind of guy, one of the better forwards last year at the U18s.

no 96 are needed, the 94 generation is ok, the 95 is great, whatever the voids are will be feeled in by 95s. Goldobin is 95, so I am not sure he is a lock, but he should be there imho. I agree on Barabanov he's very skilled and a good duo with Avtomov, same as Filipov/Osnovin

Murph5

Jun 1, 2013
Ontario
Slepyshev-Grigorenko-Nichushkin
Zharkov-Yakimov-Zykov
Goldobin-Barbashev-Zhafyarov
Kuptsov-Buchnevich-Lebedev
13:Osnovin
Mironov-Zadorov
Vasilyev-Lisov
Bereglazov-Koledov
7:Lybushkin
Vasilevsky
Ustinsky

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
One '96 born who hasn't been mentioned is Svechnikov. He didn't really stand out in terms of statistics at the U18, but I really liked his attitude and the way he played the game with authority. He has excellent speed and strength, so if he has a really good year early on in 2013-14, he might have an outside shot.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
One '96 born who hasn't been mentioned is Svechnikov. He didn't really stand out in terms of statistics at the U18, but I really liked his attitude and the way he played the game with authority. He has excellent speed and strength, so if he has a really good year early on in 2013-14, he might have an outside shot.

I agree for Svechnikov, but I think it will be very tough to earn a spot because the 1995 crop is very good. Depends if Grigorenko and Nichushkin will be in the NHL.

Forward:
7 players from the 1994: Grigorenko, Slepyshev, Zhafyarov, Zharkov, Osnovin, Yakimov, Kamaev.
7 players from the 1995: Nichushkin, Buchnevich, Zykov, Goldobin, Tolchinski, Barbashev, Tkachev.
2 players from the 1996: Svechnikov, Nekolenko.

Others who can earn a spot: Lebedev, Barabanov, Delnov, Kuptsov,Galeev.

A lot can change between now and the WJC, so let's follow that race... I think Barbashev is a lock with his physical play and also his talent. He can play in each line and be effective!

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I agree for Svechnikov, but I think it will be very tough to earn a spot because the 1995 crop is very good. Depends if Grigorenko and Nichushkin will be in the NHL.

Forward:
7 players from the 1994: Grigorenko, Slepyshev, Zhafyarov, Zharkov, Osnovin, Yakimov, Kamaev.
7 players from the 1995: Nichushkin, Buchnevich, Zykov, Goldobin, Tolchinski, Barbashev, Tkachev.
2 players from the 1996: Svechnikov, Nekolenko.

Others who can earn a spot: Lebedev, Barabanov, Delnov, Kuptsov,Galeev.

A lot can change between now and the WJC, so let's follow that race... I think Barbashev is a lock with his physical play and also his talent. He can play in each line and be effective!

I know it sounds crazy, but Nichushkin matured so well and accomplished so much last season that he might actually have a better chance of getting playing time in the NHL than Grigorenko. That said, I really hope that it works out so that Nichushkin can stay in the KHL.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
I know it sounds crazy, but Nichushkin matured so well and accomplished so much last season that he might actually have a better chance of getting playing time in the NHL than Grigorenko. That said, I really hope that it works out so that Nichushkin can stay in the KHL.

I think the same thing. I'm more optimist with Nichushkin than Grigo for the NHL next year. I think that if they make the NHL, than Svechnikov can have a spot. Each year they take some 'grinder' for the 4th line, so maybe they will opt for an older player.

And we have to wait to see the season that these guys will show. Passing from 16 years old to 17 it's not like 17 to 18. Some guys can have a bad season/Injury too.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Good job!

Very weak at center, assuming Grigo is in the NHL.

Yakimov is a nice player but limited offence.

Hopefully Buchnevich can step it up and be the number one center.

Agreed. Yakimov should be on the 3rd line. And I hope for Grigorenko he will have other things to do at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->