2014 RBC Cup

Acad

Mar 17, 2012
This year the RBC CUP will be held in Vernon BC out of Kal Tire Place.

The tournament will feature the following teams : the Carleton Place Canadiens, Dauphin Kings, Toronto Lakeshore Patriots, Vernon Vipers and Yorkton Terriers.

Are you going?

Who are going to be the favourites heading into the tournament?

Sidekick

Mar 20, 2013
While each team brings in an impressive resume. The favourites, in my opinion, are the host Vernon Vipers.

They have been to (and won) the Royal Bank Cup numerous times; they play in the best Tier 2 Jr.A league in Canada; they weren't exactly slouches in their own league (losing in the league championship); they have the home crowd (with a capacity crowd being more ppl than any of these other teams have even played in front of this year); they are coming into the tournament with the most rest/injury recovery time.

alcoraces

Jun 1, 2008
I will be attending the Final on May 18.

Vernon Vipers have a decent team and should be a threat to make the final but all 5 of these teams have had a good run and any one of them could be raising the RBC at the end of it all.

ThisIsTheYear

Oct 4, 2012
Saw the host Vernon Vipers play Carleton Place Canadiens last night in the home opener. Great game, both teams bringing their A game, crowd was into it. A questionable call in the 3rd gave the Carleton Place Canadiens a 5 minute power play which they scored once on and ended up winning game 3-2. Crossing my fingers I can get to see more games.

alcoraces

Jun 1, 2008
I only wish they could show replays. I did not see the hit but it did seem that it may not have been the correct call and was instead a reaction to the injury that the Canadians player suffered (I don't remember the last time I saw a player staggering around the ice like that poor kid did last night!), but it was a pretty good game overall. Looks like there might be 5 very evenly matched teams there this year and I am very much looking forward to attending the Championship game next Sunday!

Standings after Day One (GP-W-L-PTS):
Dauphin Kings 1-1-0=2
Carleton Place Canadians 1-1-0=2
Yorkton Terriers 0-0-0=0
Vernon Vipers 1-0-1=0
Toronto Lakeshore Patriots 1-0-1=0

TODAY'S GAMES:
YORKTON TERRIERS VS TORONTO PATRIOTS: http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/show/6544949?subseason=142110&referrer=1060585

CARLETON PLACE CANADIANS VS DAUPHIN KINGS: http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/show/6544950?subseason=142110&referrer=1060585

alcoraces

Jun 1, 2008
Here is that hit. Maybe it was a bit late now that I see it......not by much though

6yekcoh

Apr 13, 2012
Now that I see it, looked like a good call . The cp player passes the puck a stride or two past his blue line outside the circle takes two strides and then is hit at the center dot almost blindside .

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
If you guys are watching any of the Carleton Place games, watch number 27 Kelly Summers. Could surprise in the NHL draft and I think he'll get drafted in the top 3 rounds.

ottawafan66

May 14, 2010
Standings after Day 3 (GP-W-L-PTS):
Dauphin Kings 2-2-0=4
Carleton Place Canadians 2-1-1=2
Vernon Vipers 2-1-1=2
Toronto Lakeshore Patriots 2-1-1=2
Yorkton Terriers 2-0-2=0

Shouldn't CP get an extra point for the OT loss?

Bockwinkel

Jan 12, 2013
At this Hockey Canada run event they do not give a point for an overtime loss. Thus CP has 2 points after 2 games.

alcoraces

Jun 1, 2008
Standings after Day 5 and heading into the final day of RR (GP-W-L-PTS):
Dauphin Kings 3-3-0=6
Carleton Place Canadians 4-2-2=4
Vernon Vipers 3-1-2=2
Toronto Lakeshore Patriots 3-1-2=2
Yorkton Terriers 3-1-2=2

TODAY'S GAME:
YORKTON TERRIERS vs DAUPHIN KINGS: http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/show/6544999?subseason=142110&referrer=1060585&referrer=1060585

TORONTO PATRIOTS vs VERNON VIPERS: http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/game/show/6545002?subseason=142110&referrer=1060585

Top 4 teams make the playoff round. 4 vs 1, 3 vs 2. The 5th place team is eliminated, so one of Yorkton or the loser of Vernon/Toronto will be going home after today.

alcoraces

Jun 1, 2008
It was a great game with an exciting finish. So glad I got to see this live and in person.

Carleton Place is a big hockey team and was the better team, but they could not put away the pesky Terriers and with 3 minutes to play they held a 3-1 lead and it seemed they had things under control. But 2 goals in 8 seconds tied it up and right from the start of overtime Yorkton looked destined as they controlled the play and their entire bench stood for the overtime period while Carleton Place was sitting for most of it. There were chances on both sides and the goal to win it all may not have been the prettiest ever Championship goal but it went in and Yorkton deserved to win the Cup after their gritty performance. I do feel bad for the Canadians but it was nice to see the Terriers raise the Royal Bank Cup.

Some highlights:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Na...en/National-Junior-A/2014?video=3574812956001

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad