GDT: 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Couldn't be happier for Marty. I cannot imagine the emotions of going from snub to Olympic Gold Medalist in such a short time.

MSL is a legend.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I think Vinik talked to Yzerman and talked him out of being the GM for Team Canada. His quote in that interview article makes it seem like he's happy Yzerman has been so successful in his two stints as Team Canada GM, but he wants him to focus here now.

SFY is 2 for 2 with gold medals, he's got nothing left to prove when it comes to international play. He does, however, lack a certain trophy.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I think Vinik talked to Yzerman and talked him out of being the GM for Team Canada. His quote in that interview article makes it seem like he's happy Yzerman has been so successful in his two stints as Team Canada GM, but he wants him to focus here now.

SFY is 2 for 2 with gold medals, he's got nothing left to prove when it comes to international play. He does, however, lack a certain trophy.

What does the Lombardi trophy have to do with any of this?:naughty:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
dXkiNHU.jpg

tumblr_n1gfw5bFd91qdbe91o3_250.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...elebrates-as-canada-wins-olympic-gold/2166970
"For me it's not just a celebration of winning the gold medal," St. Louis told reporters after the game. "It's so hard to make Team Canada. It's hard work. This means more than just this tournament. This means all the hard work to be on the team."
As for the ups and downs between him and Yzerman during the Olympic process, St. Louis said the two have spoken.

"But that's between me and Steve," he said. "He had a tough job to do, and we're competitors. I'm glad that it turned out the way it did."

"I'm very happy for Marty," Yzerman told reporters in Sochi. "He's been through a lot. He won a Stanley Cup, and now he's won an Olympic gold medal, and he came through in a difficult circumstance."
"I'm the one winning the gold medal, but it's everyone who believed in me, my family, my friends, the coaches who helped me," St. Louis said. "I'm proud to have this around my neck, but it's not only a victory for me, it's for everybody who helped me."

"Probably, emotionally, it wasn't the way he wanted it to go down, the way he was selected," Cooper said. "But five years from now, all anybody is going to know is Marty St. Louis had a gold medal around his neck. Nobody is going to know he didn't get on the team till late."
https://twitter.com/10PSharp
Spent my career at the U of Vermont dreaming of playing in the NHL like Marty St. Louis. Now we share a gold medal.
BhMHcQNIUAAqlrT.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad