GDT: 2014 Olympics in Sochi, Russia

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's a joke if Howard goes before Bishop. I doubt either would sniff the ice anyway but Howard has been garbage this year and Ben a stud.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Stamkos is healthy and goes then him and St. Louis will go together.

Canada- Stamkos and St. Louis
Finland- Filppula and Salo
Czechoslovakia- Panik and Gudas
Sweden- Hedman
USA- No one, our GM hates Americans for some reason

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Sweden- Hedman

You think Panik and Gudas will make the Czech team? And I think Carle has a shot to make it and maaaaaaybe Thompson (though I doubt it).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You think Panik and Gudas will make the Czech team? And I think Carle has a shot to make it and maaaaaaybe Thompson (though I doubt it).

Yes, the Czechs aren't the same as they were in the late 90's early 20's. They are a pretty old team and haven't been producing great talent lately. Panik will be a bottom 6 player and Gudas probably 2nd pair. Palat has a chance too, might be the 13th forward as he's really come on of late but not sure if be was on the teams radar before this season so might not given a chance yet.

There is 0.00% chance Thompson makes it and a 0.01% Carle will too. There are just way too many players that are better then them and they both didn't play all too well at last years WC's. It's probably the reason Bishop didn't get picked he wasn't that good that tournament.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, uh...

Czechoslovakia? Not actually a country anymore. Panik and Gudas won't be on the same team.

St. Louis should be there regardless of his chemistry with Stamkos.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah, uh...

Czechoslovakia? Not actually a country anymore. Panik and Gudas won't be on the same team.

St. Louis should be there regardless of his chemistry with Stamkos.

That's my bad I forgot Panik was Slovakian, he'll make the team for the Slovaks.

Palat might make the Czech team since Hertl is out and they really need some young legs.

A lot of people are pinning St. Louis making the team on only if Stamkos can play if not Kunitz will go.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Absolute shame that Bish didn't make the roster. I guess im the only one who feels that Miller is overrated and shouldn't have been the number 2. Quick was obvious, and I thought Howard would make it since he has the appeal of being on the Detroit team. He isn't playing anywhere near an Olympic candidate right now, though.

The only good thing out of this is that Bishop now gets two more weeks to prepare for the last stretch. He will be rested, have a lot of time to work on his game, and more importantly, he will have a massive chip on his shoulder to prove everyone on the US selection staff wrong about the decision.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
That's rubbish, how does Bishop not make the team!? What more could he have done?

Palat has a chance at making the Czech team also.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Yeah, uh...

Czechoslovakia? Not actually a country anymore.

I lol'd.

A lot of people are pinning St. Louis making the team on only if Stamkos can play if not Kunitz will go.

Come on. The best playmaking winger in the game who won the Ross last year not even being on the team, and is a PPG player even still this year? I understand it might be a chemistry thing, but you just can't leave St. Louis off the roster. He's too good. Much better than Chris ****ing Kunitz.

Welp, guess I'm rooting for Canada.

You're not kidding. Damn they are stacked.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012

Sweden- Hedman

Gudlevskis will probably be Latvia`s 1st goalie.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
It's official, no Bishop on the USA's roster. Very questionable.

honestly, i'll be surprised if howard and/or quick stay healthy enough to stay on from this point. quick isn't even back yet and howard just returned.

ben deserves it. but at the same time if he doesn't go, it'll work to our advantage. rest for two and a half weeks and then come back shoulder the load the rest of the way and into the playoffs.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Boy... I cant believe they left off Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle... Some pretty poor decisions in my opinion.

I was hoping for Bish to make it, but like we all said, now he has time to rest and prepare for the rest of the season.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bishop not making ot doesn't surprise me, didn't have a great WC's and was benched in favor of Gibson at the end of it. But it seems the selection committee picked players off past success over current. Don't see how Orpik, Callahan, Brown and too an extent Quick/Howard making it. They've been injured most of the year and when healthy their play has been weak. I expect the team to be carried by Miller again and our first line, gonna be tough to medal and will be surprised if they even get Bronze.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Boy... I cant believe they left off Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle... Some pretty poor decisions in my opinion.

I was hoping for Bish to make it, but like we all said, now he has time to rest and prepare for the rest of the season.

Ryan and Yandle are the 2 biggest surprises for me.

I'm perfectly fine with Bish not being selected. He wasn't going to do much behind Miller and Quick anyway. Now he can take that time off to help himself for the final stretch of the season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->