Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
:laugh:

BhKl0aMIUAAcKqp.jpg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think Brodin would've made a difference. Canadians were too big and strong up front and Bacon doesn't have the beef to deal with that(yet).

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think this is the Hockey God's way of keeping things balanced. Canada always has the gold medal, while the States keep possession of the Stanley Cup. :naughty:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I think this is the Hockey God's way of keeping things balanced. Canada always has the gold medal, while the States keep possession of the Stanley Cup. :naughty:

Haha that's so true.

21 years since the Montreal Canadiens defeated the Los Angeles Kings to win the 1993 Stanley Cup; no Canadian team has won the championship since. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Haha that's so true.

21 years since the Montreal Canadiens defeated the Los Angeles Kings to win the 1993 Stanley Cup; no Canadian team has won the championship since. :laugh:

Personally, I don't think Stanley Cups wins should really "count" anymore if they were prior to 1967-1968 season, as before then, there was only 6 or less teams, so the odds were so great that a team could win.

Just so sick and tired of Montreal and Toronto fans bragging about their "20+ Stanley Cup wins", when 90% of those were when the league was only 6 teams.:rant:

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Young Canadian boy about 10 years old asks father "Dad whats a silver medal ?"......Dad pauses for a 3 seconds and answers"Dont know son, as Canadians we only know Gold"

Don care who you are that's funny.............lol, just having a little fun !

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Young Canadian boy about 10 years old asks father "Dad whats a silver medal ?"......Dad pauses for a 3 seconds and answers"Dont know son, as Canadians we only know Gold"

Don care who you are that's funny.............lol, just having a little fun !

Next day the boy asks again:

"Dad, what's a Stanley Cup?"

Dad replies after taking a gulp of some drink:

"Son, it's a myth we don't talk about"

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
.....See your "story"could and would not happen....its clearly flawed....all Canadians know , both young and old,what the Stanley Cup is as the winning team is composed of typically many nationalities but predominately Canadian......eh..

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Your right, Im being a jerk..an obnoxious one at that, lol....just having some good natured fun,,,,,my apologies, take care man !!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Backstrom not being allowed to play was completely bogus, but it wouldn't have mattered. If anything the US team should take pause and realize they hit a Canadian team that clinched up right when it mattered most. That was some extremely impressive defense against both us and Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad