2014 OHL Priority Selection Prospects cntd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontsFan21

Mar 17, 2014
Im feeling this at the moment;

1. Sarnia- Chychrun
2. Kitchener- Masherin
3. Ottawa- Barron
4. Belleville- Felhaber
5. Missy- Mcleod
6. Niagra- Saigeon
7. Plymouth- Bitten
8. OS- Ang
9. Ptbo- Mete
10. Saginaw- Stanley
11. Sudbury- Pezzetta
12. Windsor- Salintri
13. Windsor- Raddysh
14. Barrie- Candella
15. North Bay Pu

After that I have no idea.. Rip it apart !

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I think the top 6 or so is pretty locked in at ..

Sarnia - Chychrun
Kitch - Mascherin
Ottawa - Barron
Belleville - Saigeon
Missy - McLeod
Niagara - Ang

hockeyfanKW

Jul 17, 2002
Thanks for the insight on the Kitchener Waterloo guys. Nice article in the KW Record Saturday and names mentioned were consistent with your thoughts. Really nice to see so many kids from the area in the running to be drafted. Good luck to them all.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Ang and Felhaber are a toss up at the six spot.

They are not in the same league. Felhaber definitely top 5-6 pick.

Ang, great skater, maybe best forward skater in the loop, but he is not a top 6 opinion in my eyes. Kid is 5'9 at most, and wont grow anymore, and is too much a perimeter player. If you consider Ang, you should take Pu. Comparable skater, alot bigger, better hands and a bit more willing to travel in the high traffic areas. More to do with his agent than his ability.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
Im feeling this at the moment;

1. Sarnia- Chychrun
2. Kitchener- Masherin
3. Ottawa- Barron
4. Belleville- Felhaber
5. Missy- Mcleod
6. Niagra- Saigeon
7. Plymouth- Bitten
8. OS- Ang
9. Ptbo- Mete
10. Saginaw- Stanley
11. Sudbury- Pezzetta
12. Windsor- Salintri
13. Windsor- Raddysh
14. Barrie- Candella
15. North Bay Pu

After that I have no idea.. Rip it apart !

Pretty good top 15. I cant agree with any spot except Bitten at #7 to Plymouth. I just dont think Bitten is OHL ready and in Plymouth they want big, tough guys. I think he is at best a 2nd rounder and only because of his hands and feet. JMO

Overeasy

Oct 9, 2013
Bay city
This would be the year that Saginaw drafts a D-man in the first when they already have enough in the system and need a top 9 forward.

They wont take a D. If they do ?? then it shows they are a mess. My bet is a player like Pazzetta or Raddysh, who are able to play Gilberts style. As seen past and present, Gilbert doesnt like the run and gun game. If you cant play in your own end you dont play. Barron would be my choice but he will be gone by #10

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
They wont take a D. If they do ?? then it shows they are a mess. My bet is a player like Pazzetta or Raddysh, who are able to play Gilberts style. As seen past and present, Gilbert doesnt like the run and gun game. If you cant play in your own end you dont play. Barron would be my choice but he will be gone by #10

I was being sarcastic about us taking a defenseman.

Either of the guys you mentioned would be fine by me. No for sure guy for us this year unlike last year when multiple people had us taking Stephens.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
They are not in the same league. Felhaber definitely top 5-6 pick.

Ang, great skater, maybe best forward skater in the loop, but he is not a top 6 opinion in my eyes. Kid is 5'9 at most, and wont grow anymore, and is too much a perimeter player. If you consider Ang, you should take Pu. Comparable skater, alot bigger, better hands and a bit more willing to travel in the high traffic areas. More to do with his agent than his ability.

I would have to respectfully disagree Ang is a top talent in this Draft and will go top ten. He has a scoring touch and the ability to carry a team. He'll slot into a teams top six sooner then later. As for Bitten, he's a special talent and will go and should go top 15 he's Impressed me in every game I've watched. Does he not remind you of Marner which was your guy last year correct?

OttawaHockeyFan

Jan 8, 2014
Pretty good top 15. I cant agree with any spot except Bitten at #7 to Plymouth. I just dont think Bitten is OHL ready and in Plymouth they want big, tough guys. I think he is at best a 2nd rounder and only because of his hands and feet. JMO

I respect your opinion and I guess time will tell. That being said, I will disagree on Bitten. He has excelled in every situation this season up to and including the OHL cup. Top 10 pick IMO, not far behind Felhaber.

Here are other OEMHL kids I think have a shot to be drafted. None in round 1 though.

Reynolds - Big, fast, physical, great shot. Hard worker. Strong on puck. Strong distributor of puck. Exceptional vision. Could surprise

Poirier - Punishing hits, strong, finishes. Quick accurate release. Lacks creativity with the puck. Good skater. Early pick

Grant - smaller D that thinks the game so well. Very consistent player. Needs to get stronger

Carter - interesting prospect. Came on strong in 2nd half of season. Smaller, highly skilled Player. Could develop into a top 6. Soft hands.

Way - Goal scorer. Finishes. Good skater, plays fearless. Lethal in the slot. Works his tail off..

Breton - Hard worker. Needs to work on skating. Has excellent release. Thinks the game well. Improved all year. Riser...

Collins - Big, smooth skating winger. Lacks physicality for a player his size. Smart with puck. Has deceptive shot. Highly inconsistent, but has tremendous upside

Brown - has all the tools to be an OHL Dman. Needs to play with more discipline. Will surprise tomorrow.

Guy - Deceptive speed. Great with puck. Plays on the perimeter a bit too much, but is difficult to contain.

Egan - great skater. Sees the ice so well. Takes some risks to generate offense but has speed to recover. Hard to beat one on one.

Overeasy

Oct 9, 2013
Bay city
I was being sarcastic about us taking a defenseman.

Either of the guys you mentioned would be fine by me. No for sure guy for us this year unlike last year when multiple people had us taking Stephens.

I think this draft has been different then others because most of the other drafts had a script set

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Official: Jakob Chychrun to the Sarnia Sting

I think the fact that Victor Mete might slide to the London Knights (who want him bad) is flying under the radar.

It's looking like...

1 SAR - Chychrun
2 KIT - Mascherin
3 OTT - Barron
4 BELV - Saigeon
5 MISS - McLeod
6 NIA - Felhaber (I'd take him higher though)
7 PLY - Ang
8 OS - Bitten
9 PBO - Pu
10 SAG - Raddysh

Canuck71*

1297545257745_ORIGINAL.jpg

Official: Jakob Chychrun to the Sarnia Sting

I think the fact that Victor Mete might slide to the London Knights (who want him bad) is flying under the radar.

It's looking like...

1 SAR - Chychrun
2 KIT - Mascherin
3 OTT - Barron
4 BELV - Saigeon
5 MISS - McLeod
6 NIA - Felhaber (I'd take him higher though)
7 PLY - Ang
8 OS - Bitten
9 PBO - Pu
10 SAG - Raddysh

In the recent past Harrington and Marner have "fallen" to London. What I want to know is when is one of the other 19 GM's gonna call that player's bluff and make London ante up to get "their man"?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
In the recent past Harrington and Marner have "fallen" to London. What I want to know is when is one of the other 19 GM's gonna call that player's bluff and make London ante up to get "their man"?

Why take the chance if the player will only go there? Some people still think that Kingston-London trade was great for Kingston but we still haven't seen it in the form of results and if Sam Bennett is in the NHL next year or the year after that would be a wrap.

Why take the chance if the player will only go there? Some people still think that Kingston-London trade was great for Kingston but we still haven't seen it in the form of results and if Sam Bennett is in the NHL next year or the year after that would be a wrap.

Kingston reaped the rewards in the personnel department in the players they acquired with the picks, the lack of execution falls on the coaching staff.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Kingston reaped the rewards in the personnel department in the players they acquired with the picks, the lack of execution falls on the coaching staff.

I am not sure I can buy that. Some of it falls on coaching but when you're up 3-0 in a series and have leads in games like 3-0, 3-1 and blow that. That doesn't fall on coaching, the coaches can't go out and do it for them it's up to the players to execute.

I am not sure I can buy that. Some of it falls on coaching but when you're up 3-0 in a series and have leads in games like 3-0, 3-1 and blow that. That doesn't fall on coaching, the coaches can't go out and do it for them it's up to the players to execute.

You can have all the talent in the world..but unless you've got a game plan..you're toast. You can lead a team to battle...but with no knowledge for said battle..you're gonna lose 10 times outa 10. Yes the player's didn't get the results..but they also didn't have the proper direction to succeed. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one...and not hijack the thread any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad