2014 OHL Priority Selection Prospects cntd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Chychrun has committed to play for the USA National Development team. The press release is out today. Griffin Luce also committed and regarding the future QMJH draft, Chad Krys committed and there is a rumour that Michael Campoli has committed as well...

don't think so.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
baloney

Chychrun has committed to play for the USA National Development team. The press release is out today. Griffin Luce also committed and regarding the future QMJH draft, Chad Krys committed and there is a rumour that Michael Campoli has committed as well...
allow me to be the first to call BS!

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Any final mock drafts? Surprised there aren't more rumours out there!

The OHL Trading Period (priority selections only) concludes Friday, April 4 at 3 p.m. (that's for draft picks only & no trades of 1st round picks). You won't see any Mocks until the 2nd round is definitive then they should show. Expect your 3rd 2nd rounder to attract attention....

Last edited:

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
What about Ang to Belleville? Has elite speed and it's a big ice.

Definitely a possibility. Nothing has surfaced about who Belleville is leaning towards....just think it'll be one of Saigeon or Felhaber. Ang is another good option.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
The OHL Trading Period (priority selections only) concludes Friday, April 4 at 3 p.m. (that's for draft picks only & no trades of 1st round picks). You won't see any Mocks until the 2nd round is definitive then they should show. Expect your 3rd 2nd rounder to attract attention....

I was thinking the exact same thing. We return almost our entire roster so it makes no sense to try and add in four rookies.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I clearly don't know as much as others on here but hey why the hell not try a mock draft. Here we go

1. Sarnia Sting - Adam Mascherin
2. Kitchener Rangers - Jakob Chychrun
3. Ottawa 67's - Brandon Saigeon
4. Belleville Bulls- Tye Felhaber
5. Mississauga Steelheads - Michael McLeod
6. Niagara Ice Dogs - Jonathan Ang
7. Plymouth Whalers - Nick Pastujov
8. Owen Sound Attack - Travis Barron
9. Peterborough Petes - William Bitten
10. Saginaw Spirit - Logan Stanley
11. Sudbury Wolves – Cliff Pu
12. Windsor Spitfires – Victor Mete
13. Barrie Colts – Michael Pezzetta
14. North Bay Battalion – Matthew Thom
15. Kingston Frontenacs – Christopher Paquette
16. Oshawa Generals – Taylor Raddysh
17. Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – Zack Dorval
18. London Knights – Reagan O'Grady
19. Erie Otters – Cole Candella
20. Guelph Storm - Logan Brown

lastplace

Mar 17, 2013
I clearly don't know as much as others on here but hey why the hell not try a mock draft. Here we go

Pastujov has committed to USNDP.
Seems like Chychrun is going to Sarnia and Barron is headed to Ottawa. 4 and 6 are a mystery.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Torts after listening to Lafortune on the Sarnia radio station yesterday and him telling Ranger fans to look at the isolation video of Mascherin on twitter yesterday I would bet your first two choices are backwards. If not I would welcome Chychrun the best player available to the Rangers and thank Sarnia for not taking him.

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
Seems like Chychrun is going to Sarnia and Barron is headed to Ottawa. 4 and 6 are a mystery.

Based on an interview Marty Williamson had with the local newspaper, I'd say they are looking at Felhaber.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2014/04/02/dogs-seek-skilled-player-in-draft

“We’re looking for a guy who brings a different dimension to the table, whether he’s the fastest guy in the draft or the best playmaker,†IceDogs head coach/GM Marty Williamson said. “I think we have a lot of size and a lot of good things going forward on this team, but down the road I would like to plug that guy in.â€

Size won’t matter for the IceDogs.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario

You'd have to think two players and two teams. Saigeon, Felhaber going to either Belleville and Niagara.

lastplace

Mar 17, 2013
I'll enter the fray....

1. Sarnia Sting - Jakob Chychrun
2. Kitchener Rangers - Adam Mascherin
3. Ottawa 67's - Travis Barron
6. Niagara Ice Dogs - Brandon Saigeon
7. Plymouth Whalers - William Bitten
8. Owen Sound Attack - Jonathan Ang
9. Peterborough Petes - Victor Mete
10. Saginaw Spirit - Ben Gleason
11. Sudbury Wolves – Michael Pezzetta
12. Windsor Spitfires – Taylor Raddysh
13. Barrie Colts – Logan Stanley
14. North Bay Battalion – Cole Candella
15. Kingston Frontenacs – Cliff Pu
16. Oshawa Generals – Anthony Salinitri
17. Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – Chris Paquette
18. London Knights – Sam Dunn
19. Erie Otters – Matthew Hotchkiss
20. Guelph Storm -Jonah Gadjovich

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I'll enter the fray....

1. Sarnia Sting - Jakob Chychrun
2. Kitchener Rangers - Adam Mascherin
3. Ottawa 67's - Travis Barron
6. Niagara Ice Dogs - Brandon Saigeon
7. Plymouth Whalers - William Bitten
8. Owen Sound Attack - Jonathan Ang
9. Peterborough Petes - Victor Mete
10. Saginaw Spirit - Ben Gleason
11. Sudbury Wolves – Michael Pezzetta
12. Windsor Spitfires – Taylor Raddysh
13. Barrie Colts – Logan Stanley
14. North Bay Battalion – Cole Candella
15. Kingston Frontenacs – Cliff Pu
16. Oshawa Generals – Anthony Salinitri
17. Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – Chris Paquette
18. London Knights – Sam Dunn
19. Erie Otters – Matthew Hotchkiss
20. Guelph Storm -Jonah Gadjovich

This would be the year that Saginaw drafts a D-man in the first when they already have enough in the system and need a top 9 forward.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Picks

I am not up on the players but wouldn't it make more sense that Ottawa pick the 67 s player Tye Felhaber, or is Barron just that much better.

I understand that McLeod wants to stay in GTA , he would have been my pick from what I have read. So if he isn't interested in playing here let's grab the local star.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Based on an interview Marty Williamson had with the local newspaper, I'd say they are looking at Felhaber.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2014/04/02/dogs-seek-skilled-player-in-draft

“We’re looking for a guy who brings a different dimension to the table, whether he’s the fastest guy in the draft or the best playmaker,†IceDogs head coach/GM Marty Williamson said. “I think we have a lot of size and a lot of good things going forward on this team, but down the road I would like to plug that guy in.â€

Size won’t matter for the IceDogs.

I would like to know which defenceman Williamson is referring to in the article. I wonder who else is attempting to work the draft.

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
I would like to know which defenceman Williamson is referring to in the article. I wonder who else is attempting to work the draft.

I'm not sure who he's talking about but he must be just blowing smoke. It wouldn't make any sense to take a Dman with the 6th overall pick when the Dogs have a young core of Siebenaler, Dunn, Wilkie, Haydon, Mikulovich, Sarris, and their captain Mercer.

smalt021

Oct 19, 2011
STL
Saw this yesterday:

Brandon Watts ‏@_BrandonWatts
Hearing that the Sting will announce on April 4th that they will be taking Mascherin not Chychrun

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
There seems to be a lot of opinions Ottawa is gonna take Barron which surprises me. Concensus top three is Chychrun,Mascherin and Mcleod so I have trouble seeing Ottawa pass on Mcleod despite the rumours he won't report as wants to play closer to home. Historically Ottawa is a great junior destination and we have a good young core. Granted the last two years have been tough but the worse is over so I say pick the best player and if he wants to play in the O he will report. Can anybody give an opinion on Barron vs Mcleod as not that familiar with Barron.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
There seems to be a lot of opinions Ottawa is gonna take Barron which surprises me. Concensus top three is Chychrun,Mascherin and Mcleod so I have trouble seeing Ottawa pass on Mcleod despite the rumours he won't report as wants to play closer to home. Historically Ottawa is a great junior destination and we have a good young core. Granted the last two years have been tough but the worse is over so I say pick the best player and if he wants to play in the O he will report. Can anybody give an opinion on Barron vs Mcleod as not that familiar with Barron.

Matthew Barnaby is the one who originally tweeted it. I think it's safe to say he wouldn't just make that up, Sean Lafortune confirmed that he as well had heard the exact same thing. Barron will be good for Konecny. Good powerforward to do the dirty work for him.

duffer12

Nov 17, 2013
I agree, pick Mcleod, if he doesn't want to report, get the extra pick and we could look like Kingston in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad