2014 NHL Draft set for June 27-28 in Philadelphia

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
NEWARK – The 2014 NHL Draft will be held over two days, Friday June 27, and Saturday, June 28, it was announced today by the NHL and the Philadelphia Flyers, the host Club of next year's NHL Draft.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=675815&navid=nhl:topheads

2014_NHL_DRAFT-LOGO_BIG.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You'll likely have to wait until next spring for any kind of details regarding tickets. I'm sure STH's have first dibs

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Are you sure they'll have tickets? I was under the assumption anybody could go. I doubt it would be filled.

Don't assume that. I had my whole family enter into the pool this year and not one got picked. Had to use a connection to get tickets.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Are you sure they'll have tickets? I was under the assumption anybody could go. I doubt it would be filled.

Don't assume that. I had my whole family enter into the pool this year and not one got picked. Had to use a connection to get tickets.

This ^. I got tickets through a friend of a friend who was a Devils STH today. Tix are free, but still limited. Upper bowl was packed for the first round, but emptied VERY quickly in subsequent rounds. Obviously they only use about...5/8 of the upper/lower bowl because of the stage and backdrop, and then today they had 6 entire sections for the players and family, and the end that was left "open" had many seats removed for the media setups. I'm usually horrible at predicting crowds, but I'd guess there was maybe...7-12k in attendance for the first round today.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They still make you have tickets. You can't just open the doors and let anybody walk in.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
For NJ this year it was a lottery. Free tickets though and so I assume that will be the case in Philly.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Very cool logo. I was wondering what they would go with. Took the (Flyers fan) gf this year so she said she would buy tickets next year if we have to. Overall, it was a fun event but the build up (party with fans outside beforehand) is better than the actual draft. The first round was exciting, but after that we realized we had been sitting for over 3 hours and it would be at least another 3 before the end. That, and the beers from earlier were quickly catching up with me

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: