2014 NHL Draft Prospects

CC87

Nov 16, 2011
My hometown team. The biggest talent we´ve ever had. And as you mention, that can be taken literally if you want. Already at 184 cm (6.04) and weighing in at 85 kg (187 ibs). Right shooting kid that has excellent offensive instincts and doesn´t look out of place among men.

To put it into context: He´s the only -95 born playing Division 1-hockey this far (one -96 born, Arlanda forward Daniel Muzito-Bagenda) and there´s not many -94 born. And that´s on a top three team in what´s considered the best Division 1 (F). In Division F only seven juniors (ten teams…) have been given playingtime, all besides Bergman -92 or -93 born. Also quite unusual for a young defender to earn that kind of trust in Swedish hockey (although Karlskrona-coach Tomas Kempe did give playingtime to both Anton Strålman and Oliver Ekman-Larsson at young age, however not this young...).

Signed through next season, despite big hockey school throwing offers.

After having a real crappy juniorhockeyprogram for decades it´s starting to come together for small Karlskrona. The Westerholm-twins, Simon Karlsson, Bobbo Petersson could all be on their way to becoming Elitserien-players...

Karlskrona has a live feed of most of their games (all of their homegames…), so if you want to see him play a game you can watch him through khk.se . However it costs 99 kronors/game (about 15 dollars…) so might wanna pick your game :) And be prepared to be frustrated by a high number of plays…

I kept looking at this, thinking that something didn't calculate. Then I realized that 184cm is actually 6.00, which is consistent with Bergman's measurements elsewhere.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone know the Hitmen AAA team down in Houston? I really doubt they'll attract any attention, but they're performed quite well at some national tournaments.

Reason I ask is because some of the guys I play with are on that team, and one of them is going up to Dallas to play for the Ice Jets AAA team, another might go up to Minnesota or Canada. Just curious to see if anyone's heard a thing about them.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Does anyone have a ranking or a list of the best 2014 Draft Prospects? I have not yet seen many of the 1996 born prospects, but Joel Kiviranta could become a very good player. He is a hard-working center who has excellent skills; he has already played with Jokerit´s U20 team. I would say he is a player to watch. Also twin brothers Atte and Miro Mäkinen are good players who have played with Finland U16 team, but in my opinion they are not as good as Kiviranta right now. But I have seen Kiviranta most of these three players.

Gervess

@Gervess
Jan 3, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec
Does anyone have a ranking or a list of the best 2014 Draft Prospects? I have not yet seen many of the 1996 born prospects, but Joel Kiviranta could become a very good player. He is a hard-working center who has excellent skills; he has already played with Jokerit´s U20 team. I would say he is a player to watch. Also twin brothers Atte and Miro Mäkinen are good players who have played with Finland U16 team, but in my opinion they are not as good as Kiviranta right now. But I have seen Kiviranta most of these three players.

I don't have a ranking but players to look at are Aaron Ekblad, Josh Ho-Sang, Robert Fabbri, Jacob Middleton, Ryan MacInnis, Jared McCann, Nick Schmaltz, Matthew Highmore, Brook Hiddink, Sam Reinhart, Blake Clarke, Anthony DeAngelo, Jake Virtanen, Ivan Barbashev, Patrick Koys, Brett Hargrave and Nick Ritchie.

JA

Holy smokes, these kids were born when the Avs won the cup. Where does the time go.

countrcultur

Jan 10, 2012
Jake Virtanen is something. Playing in his first few whl games as a 15 year old and is not just out there looking for spots. He can skate and has pretty sick hands and is aggressive. Should be interesting next year.

juusto201

May 14, 2010
Helsinki, Finland
All of these have played mostly in Jokerit B- Juniors ( U18) and some time in their own age group, Jokerit C ( U16)

Last edited:

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Looks like an incredibly talented top end. Sam Reinhart, Aaron Ekblad, and Jake Virtanen all look like incredibly elite players.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Brayden Point jumps into the Moose Jaw lineup as a 15yo (he just turned 16, but this is his 15yo season) and leads the team in goals. Very impressive.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Brayden Point jumps into the Moose Jaw lineup as a 15yo (he just turned 16, but this is his 15yo season) and leads the team in goals. Very impressive.

this guy is beyond talented, if he had size at the time of the draft he might have went top 2 in the draft IMO...but he was so small it was hard to tell if he was going to grow much to be even an on the fence height or what, but he had a great growth spurt and this guy is going to be a star in the making IMO.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
this guy is beyond talented, if he had size at the time of the draft he might have went top 2 in the draft IMO...but he was so small it was hard to tell if he was going to grow much to be even an on the fence height or what, but he had a great growth spurt and this guy is going to be a star in the making IMO.

how big is he now?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Is this Alex Tuch's draft year? He looks like a promising player... Will be with the NTDP this year. Destroyed for his EmJHL team. Big boy at 6'2" 200 lbs.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Some of the top prospects to look out for are Sam Reinhart, Nick Ritchie, Aaron Ekblad, Josh Hosang Anthony DeAngelo, Jake Virtanen.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I like Ivan Barbashev, Ivan Nikolishin, William Nylander, Roland McKowen, Kasperi Kapanen, Anthony DeAnglo, Jordan Thomson all more than Ritchie.

member 30781

There has been absolutely no love for Thomas Welsh. Is there a reason why? Fantastic all-around defender. Is it because he took the High School route instead of playing in the OHL?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

There has been absolutely no love for Thomas Welsh. Is there a reason why? Fantastic all-around defender. Is it because he took the High School route instead of playing in the OHL?

... He's 2013

EDIT: that salisbury prep kid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad