2014 NHL Draft Prospects

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kasperi Kapanen makes tomorrow his debut in FEL replacing Artturi Lehkonen from top line because of WJC duties. He is son of Sami Kapanen who is former NHL-player.

I like the Finnish mentality nowadays. They give chance for offensive minded players to play in offensive role and big responsibility from day 1. He's most likely getting just couple games but good experience for him.

Defensive Forward

Aug 5, 2010
Ontario
The kid being talked about is Connor McDavid.

Hes a consistent forward, smart player and Crosby has said he is a remarkable player and would love to play with him soon. The same way Gretzky talked about Crosby.

Nothing is too crazy about this fellow yet, except his age and maturity both mentally and physically. A 15 year old who can play with the Juniors already and compete strongly. He will surely be on the top of the wishlist in the next 2-3 years... he is draft eligible by 2015.

I mean, its an understatement to say nothing crazy yet because hes playing along young adults as a young teen and has 40 points in 35 games but I hope you all understand that he still needs time to develop. And I am confident he will.

I guess cuz we have seen this before, and CRAZY would literally have to mean the guy could compete in the NHL today. But like I said, hes a remarkable player and I would love to watch more of the kid. Might have to go to an OHL game this year for the Eerie Otters.

Anyway, i think this is the kid your talking about. Already signed by Reebok

I'm not sure whether you are referencing a specific poster with your answer or not, but McDavid is a prospect for the 2015 draft, not 2014.

edit: Never mind, I did not see you mention 2015 in your post when I first read it. Sorry

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
The kid being talked about is Connor McDavid.

Hes a consistent forward, smart player and Crosby has said he is a remarkable player and would love to play with him soon. The same way Gretzky talked about Crosby.

Nothing is too crazy about this fellow yet, except his age and maturity both mentally and physically. A 15 year old who can play with the Juniors already and compete strongly. He will surely be on the top of the wishlist in the next 2-3 years... he is draft eligible by 2015.

I mean, its an understatement to say nothing crazy yet because hes playing along young adults as a young teen and has 40 points in 35 games but I hope you all understand that he still needs time to develop. And I am confident he will.

I guess cuz we have seen this before, and CRAZY would literally have to mean the guy could compete in the NHL today. But like I said, hes a remarkable player and I would love to watch more of the kid. Might have to go to an OHL game this year for the Eerie Otters.

Anyway, i think this is the kid your talking about. Already signed by Reebok

How does this McDavid fellow compare to Dustin Rose?

sportznut

Jan 5, 2009
Any standouts yet? Sorry for the earliness, but every once in a while these threads reveal some names that end up panning out. If you don't like it, leave the thread!

New to the board and enjoy all the read....great observations and detailed info.

As a season ticket holder for the Oshawa Generals I just want to add, it has been a delight to watch Michael Dal Colle this season/playoffs. Everything I have read on him in this thread is true..he will be a gem. Couple of things I want to add about his ability besides his offense...for a 96 I was really impressed with his strength on the boards(plays like a veteran) and his discipline is extremely advanced, skates away from the crap and plays 110%... has tremendous team spirit. He is a complete package.

Lastly, after watching the Niagara Ice Dogs play Oshawa in the first playoff round, there was a player that caught my eye that I have not see in this thread (I may had missed it if it was)...Brendan Perlini (Apr 96 - 6'2" 182). From what I saw in the playoffs and if he continues his play into next season I think he will spark some interest. Big,strong,fast and good hands ....player to watch.

Cheers

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
2014-3.jpg

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/2013-...com-releases-final-2013-top-30-prospects-list

Lyamkin so high. I didn't think that he can be a top prospect in some ratings :).

Last edited:

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Weird how it works, this year has so many QMJHL prospects in the first few rounds but then 2014 looks like it's going to be pretty ugly for the Q

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->