YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Igor's Stats so far:

GP: 3
Wins: 3
Losses: 0

1.34 GAA + .952 SV%. 4 Goals Against, 83 Saves and 1 Shutout.

For comparison, Huska has given up 8 Goals in 3 Games. 2.57 GAA + .910 SV%.

Keep it up Igor!:popcorn:
I thought his stats were inflated by playing with SKA???? He could never be that good on a normal team!

Reactions: Kupo

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Bobrov usually serves as the Russian translator at things like dev camp and whatnot because he's there. I think a few other times they've had an outside translator. Not sure who they bring in or if they have someone else on staff.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Afaic, if someone needs an interpreter, in what ever measure, you're not remotely fluent in that language/ can't speak it. Sry.

But I also dgaf if someone does speak a language (specially after arriving like half a year ago). As Rykov said, hockey has a universal language.

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Bobrov usually serves as the Russian translator at things like dev camp and whatnot because he's there. I think a few other times they've had an outside translator. Not sure who they bring in or if they have someone else on staff.

We have Elizaveta Nemchinov (Sergei Nemchinov’s daughter) and Victoria Zelepukin (Valeri Zelepukin's daughter) on staff.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Afaic, if someone needs an interpreter, in what ever measure, you're not remotely fluent in that language/ can't speak it. Sry.

But I also dgaf if someone does speak a language (specially after arriving like half a year ago). As Rykov said, hockey has a universal language.

I don't agree with this.

I speak, among other languages, German, but would like an interpreter when I have a meeting about my mortgage etc. It doesn't mean I am not fluent but when the conversation is about a serious topic, I want to make sure nothing is lost in translation or things I say aren't misinterpreted.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Love Shesterkin but I’d propose to reign in the excitement just a bit for now with this super small sample size. I mean just one game where he might give up 4 on 20 will ruin his pristine stats. Just one game.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Love Shesterkin but I’d propose to reign in the excitement just a bit for now with this super small sample size. I mean just one game where he might give up 4 on 20 will ruin his pristine stats. Just one game.

Nobody had posted anything regarding Igor's start in Hartford and I thought it would be nice to share. I don't think anyone is going bat**** crazy after 3 games lol.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I don't agree with this.

I speak, among other languages, German, but would like an interpreter when I have a meeting about my mortgage etc. It doesn't mean I am not fluent but when the conversation is about a serious topic, I want to make sure nothing is lost in translation or things I say aren't misinterpreted.

I find, it does mean exactly that then. :P

This is pretty much about definitions. I suppose you put another category on top of "fluent", like "expert" or whatever. Fine, I'm more categorical. That is to say, fluent = fluent; you flow, no interpreter needed, no dictionary and so. I've lost loads of french vocabulary over the years. I would definitely say I speak it, but I couldn't dare say I'm fluent atm.

Saying Shesty is fluent is way the f*** out of here. Then again I think nobody said that. It was said, that he could speak it, I don't buy.

edit: I see it. I'll have to change my initial statement to: if you need an interpreter, you're not fluent in that language. I'm talking translators here. Getting an "interpreter" for a mortgage meeting sounds more like a lawyer.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nobody had posted anything regarding Igor's start in Hartford and I thought it would be nice to share. I don't think anyone is going bat**** crazy after 3 games lol.

It wasn't directed at you per se and actually I recently also saw the same stats in Hartford and / or prospects thread too, followed by reactions that in summary look like "wow, look Igor continues to put up the same crazy stats he did in KHL" (so kind of discounting concerns about him being on a super-loaded club or generally low GAA and high SA% in that league, etc.)

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I find, it does mean exactly that then. :P

This is pretty much about definitions. I suppose you put another category on top of "fluent", like "expert" or whatever. Fine, I'm more categorical. That is to say, fluent = fluent; you flow, no interpreter needed, no dictionary and so. I've lost loads of french vocabulary over the years. I would definitely say I speak it, but I couldn't dare say I'm fluent atm.

Saying Shesty is fluent is way the **** out of here. Then again I think nobody said that. It was said, that he could speak it, I don't buy.

edit: I see it. I'll have to change my initial statement to: if you need an interpreter, you're not fluent in that language. I'm talking translators here. Getting an "interpreter" for a mortgage meeting sounds more like a lawyer.

I’m fluent in Greek — been speaking it since I could walk... Despite that, if it’s a technical discussion I’d probably want an interpreter there too.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
During a season where some of the starts have been less than desirable, it's nice to see this one going well thus far.

Shesterkin, Chytil and Keane have all looked very good.
I've only seen one game, but I didn't think Keane looked very good. I know the numbers are nice, but I don't think it tells the whole story. We'll see how it goes.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I've only seen one game, but I didn't think Keane looked very good. I know the numbers are nice, but I don't think it tells the whole story. We'll see how it goes.

I think I know the game you were referring to, as I played catch-up a few days ago.

I mean he's very much been a rookie defenseman, but overall I've been happy with what I've seen.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I put this up in the Hartford thread in reference to Shesterkin couple days ago.

Keane has looked good actually.

I continue to like Sean Day. I don’t know how he’s any worse than Brady Skjei honestly. He’s far more gifted offensively that’s for sure. I really would love to see him at the NHL level just to see how he holds up.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Shesterkin gave an interview to a Russian outlet. Based on a tone he seems pretty comfortable with himself and his current situation.

A few points that could be of interest:

1. He's a little bit surprised that he's successful so early on but gives credit to the rest of the team and notes that there's more work for him to be done to continue progressing
2. Noted more shots overall in AHL compared to KHL and due to smaller ice surface things developing quicker so he needs to stay more focused
3. Notes that hockey in AHL is simpler (probably meant to say "less creative) but not for goalies as the guys can still really shot
4. Interviewer noted that Kravtsov complained about what coaching staff demanded from him and ask if Shesterkin had similar issues. He answered that Kravtsov was playing in a different hockey than was asked of him while demands to him are simple - to stop a puck
5. Said he doesn't have a problem sharing workload with Huska so far almost 50/50 given all back-to-back games. But was told he should expect to play more in the near future
6. Likes living in Hartford, staying with his girlfriend who fluently speaks English in a rented apartment
7. Can't explain disappointing performance in Traverse City. Just says he wasn't prepared
8. Along with Kravtsov and Rykov came over early to NA to work with Prentiss. Said he got physically stronger and learned a lot about nutrition
9. Very impressed with Lundqvist. Said he's a great person and also noted that noone works as hard in practice as the King. Seeing this dedication made him want to practice just as hard
10. No one reached out to him from SKA, he does not consider returning back to the KHL. Said he doesn't expect to spend "few years" in the AHL (after being asked would he consider staying in the AHL for a few years)
11. Doesn't mind being on a bus or getting paid significantly less. Looks at it a stimulus to get better (for the future to come sooner)

Separately, there's another article / digest of what is said in America about Kravtov's return to the KHL. Brooks' and P. Williams' quotes were translated. Also a hole bunch of quotes that I swear sounds like where taken from HFNYR.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
All the right answers.

And, to point #8, its always amazing to me that prospects can get to near-NHL level before someone tells them "Don't eat garbage, and you must work out in the off-season"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->