Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Could be either. I'd be shocked if he's any worse than a solid average starter, but there's star potential there. He's a consensus top 3 goalie prospect not in the NHL, maybe #1 depending on which of the three Russian IS's you personally prefer. He's already an NHL caliber player as a goalie at age 21. He was the best goalie in the 2nd best league in the world last season. Probably could be a good NHL back up this season, maybe better. He would've been called up like mid-season because of great performance, if this was in the AHL. KHL contracts are annoying, but they have a lot of elite talents in that league, can't just ignore them because of the contracts, gotta wait it out with those players from that league.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Normally I would, but I am in Florida now for 2 weeks

I know it`s hot temprature there now, but don`t get tempted to take a swim in one those wonderful inland lakes there. The crocodiles can be nearby! :)
Enjoy your time there! ;)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Could be either. I'd be shocked if he's any worse than a solid average starter, but there's star potential there. He's a consensus top 3 goalie prospect not in the NHL, maybe #1 depending on which of the three Russian IS's you personally prefer. He's already an NHL caliber player as a goalie at age 21. He was the best goalie in the 2nd best league in the world last season. Probably could be a good NHL back up this season, maybe better. He would've been called up like mid-season because of great performance, if this was in the AHL. KHL contracts are annoying, but they have a lot of elite talents in that league, can't just ignore them because of the contracts, gotta wait it out with those players from that league.

I would say some scounts have Shesty as the top goalie not playing in the NHL.

I know some really like Samsonov, and others think very highly of Sorokin as far as the Russians go. Those are your top 3.

Some have Parsons as the next big game goalie. He's won, and been really clutch, has that ice water in his veins like a Matt Murray or Carey Price. Unfettered.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would say some scounts have Shesty as the top goalie not playing in the NHL.

I know some really like Samsonov, and others think very highly of Sorokin as far as the Russians go. Those are your top 3.

Some have Parsons as the next big game goalie. He's won, and been really clutch, has that ice water in his veins like a Matt Murray or Carey Price. Unfettered.

I like Parsons, but I have Hart and Oettinger 4 and 5. Parsons might be 6.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

32 saves. He seems to really be on his game the last few weeks. Hopefully he gets the start for tomorrow's final, he outplayed Koskinen who I think was 14 of 15 the first game. The first regular season game is on Monday.

And about your post in the prospect forum, I don't think it matters. Saros isn't really a prospect anyway, the guy is playing in the SCF. :laugh:

Hart is really good. I think all three Russians are better, but Hart is good and I don't have a problem with him high on a goalie prospect list. A NA publication will always overrate NA's, as well. Gotta remember that. I wouldn't worry what Pronman says. Shestyorkin always gets the short end of the stick when talking about the three Russians because Samsonov was a first round pick and Sorokin established himself a season before Shestyorkin. Its lazy analysis, but it does happen. Shestyorkin was the best goalie outside the NHL last season, whether someone has him 5th on a goalie prospect list or 1st.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think it's either Sorokin or Shesterkin, who's gonna be #1 at the Olympics, and the other will be #2. Kinda remarkable, considering their age. Of course, Tretyak was even younger, when he became #1 for Soviet team and played at Summit Series in 1972, but since that we've usually been having way older goallies at major tournaments.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Koskinen starts again.

As long as there's an equal split of playing time this season, its not a problem, but this is very annoying.

I partially want SKA to **** him off and start Koskinen the whole season, and then he asks for a contract termination after this season to join the Rangers.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Great to see Shesty starting the season strong. Going to be interesting to see how the big 3 Metro division KHL goalie prospects play this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->