2014 NHL Draft Goalies

Oilers4life1987

Oct 20, 2010
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you would know who's the goalie/s that NHL Teams should look out for at the upcoming draft. Anyone got info on these guys:

1) Nikita Serebryakov
2) Alex Nedeljkovic
3) Mason McDonald
4) Kaapo Kähkönen
5) Payton Lee
6) Thatcher Demko

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Haven't seen McDonald yet this year but watched him in midget & his rookie season in the Q. Had 1 chance to catch his team and Brennan started.

He's 6'3" but he was always real skinny. Best way to describe him is raw. He has the athleticism but needs to develop better rebound control. He's really good at playing the puck, underrated and rare for young goalies, I think he made more outlet passes than some of his D-men in midget haha Finally, he's a really focused kid, whether he faces 10 shots or 50 shots he's mentally checked in and I never saw him get rattled if he was getting lit up as a rookie in the Q.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
One good overage goalie would be Ville Husso. Husso has been a notable prospect for a long time, but last season he did not develop as much as expected. I have seen him playing since he was 17 years old, so I'll share my thoughts on him.

Husso is a really athletic goalie. He also has excellent size at 6'2" and thus covers a lot of the net. He is able to make some outstanding saves when that is required. He has strong lateral movement. One thing I also like about Husso is the fact that he looks very poised and doesn't make unnecessary moves. Husso's glove hand is pretty solid, too. Last season, the problem was that he was inconsistent and allowed too many easy goals. This year he's playing in the men's league and has been really good on a very bad HIFK team. This has certainly raised his chances to get drafted.

Here's also his Eliteprospects profile with some statistics:http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50661

SBrisScout

May 9, 2010
Washington State
Austin Lotz was passed over in last year's NHL draft. He might me a late round pick.

Jackson Whistle has also been having a good year as backup to Jordan Cooke for the Kelowna Rockets.

sunsoutgunsout

#redacted
Jan 14, 2013
Only '14 goalie prospect I've seen much of is Paulic, and I could see him being a solid 2nd/3rd round pick.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Jackson Whistle has also been having a good year as backup to Jordan Cooke for the Kelowna Rockets.

I would really like to know more about Whistle's game. What are his strengths/weaknesses?

I remember that he was awesome in the NHL 12. :yo: That was while he played with the Vancouver Giants.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not a good goaler selection from the dub and not a fan of Payton Lee.

I said this on the WHL board, but the best goaler (for 2014 draft) from WHL is 2013 undrafted prospect Austin Lotz from Everett Silvertips.

There is still a lot of question marks with the other 2014 draft eligible goalers in the WHL, but Ty Edmonds (Prince George) is currently the best '14 prospect IMO and he has had consistency issues this month. Jackson Whistle is another one, but it's hard to see where the scouts have him, considering Jarry was in the same position, but had loads of hype before the 2013 season ever took place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad