2014 Mock Draft by Team Board Vote

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Hey Ducks Fans!

The basics of this mock draft is that each team board will vote for what player will be selected by their team. So, I now pose the question to the Anaheim board with the 10th pick, who would you like to pick 10th overall? At 11:00 AM (EST) tomorrow, the voting will end, and the selection will be locked in.

2014 Mock Draft by Team Board Vote Selection
  1. Florida: - Aaron Ekblad (Defense) - 75% of total vote
  2. Buffalo: - Sam Reinhart (Center) - 61.59% of total vote
  3. Edmonton: - Sam Bennett (Center) - 65.1% of total vote
  4. Calgary: - Leon Draisaitl (Center) - 46.15% of total vote
  5. New York Islanders: - Michael Dal Colle (Center) - 84.51% of total vote
  6. Vancouver: - William Nylander (Center/Wing) - 43.5% of total vote
  7. Carolina: - Nick Ritchie (Right Wing) - 55.84% of total vote
  8. Toronto: - Nikolaj Ehlers (Left Wing) - 56.69% of total vote
  9. Winnipeg: - Jake Virtanen (Left Wing) - 39.8% of total vote
  10. Anaheim:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
By reading scouting reports, Alex Tuch seems to be the BPA at this point. Not sure if he's overhyped or what but there seems to be so many positive sides in him that can't see how the Ducks could pass him. However, I wouldn't be dissapointed if they picked Jared McCann.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I am really not up to speed with the prospect group for this year, but I start liking Fiala quite a bit. I have a bit of a bias against Swiss usually, but he does impress me. Saw a nice play against Finland today by accident.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I'd go with Tuch simply he has been referred to as a Getzlaf-type player by many scouts and appears to only really have flaws in his skating and overall fitness (at pro level, mind you). This is something our coaching department and especially developmental coaches have had much success in overcoming in in the past few years. (Did I really just have to use three "ins"?)

Edit:

Oh, and: LOL @ Edmonton for getting to pick yet another Center. Should really consider trading that pick for a roster player and then some.

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
I'm not allowed to vote on the poll, but I think I'd probably go with Tuch simply because the comparisons that I've seen are to guys like Backes, Thornton, Kopitar, and Getzlaf. Fun fact: he also has the same birthday as Getzlaf (May 10th).

If we pass, I don't have a problem with taking McCann.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
I am sure our scouts will pick someone who dropped from that top9 (a la Fowler) or someone completely out of left field (a la Lindholm).

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I'm gonna vote for Perlini. I think Tuch is a good choice too. Not a big fan of Kapanen in the slightest. Knowing the Ducks, the pick will probably be someone not even on this list.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Ehlers :sarcasm:

Tuch caught my interest just reading how hes described, just sounds like a well rounded prospect. Hes tough, he competes, hits hard, good forecheck, protects puck well, good size and crashes the net. If we pick Kapanen we get a fast finnish finnisher, just havent been able to find much more on him, sounds like a bit better upside perhaps. Always the question how he would translate to the north american game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad