Speculation: 2014 Lightning UFAs: Re-sign or not?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
My list:

Yes to:
Callahan
Kostka
Labrie (2-way or AHL)
Angelidis
Korobov
Kunyk

No to:
Pyatt (no room unfortunately)
Salo
Lee
CD

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Callahan if he'll take our best offer. Angeledis and Kunyk for sure. Korobov might be qualified but he's most likely going back to the KHL so we'll hold his rights. The rest I hope not except Lee.

Anybody know if his knee injury is career ending? Think he'd be a good veteran presence for Syracuse. It would be an AHL only deal but if he shows he's fully healed I'd prefer him to Kostka or Cote.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Misclicked on Angeldis. I hope we re-sign Cally, but don't know if the money will be right. Majority of these guys will be moving on.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Notes on Korobov at the AHL level
He MUST, and I mean MUST, have the same regular partner to be successful. Two years ago, it was he and Gudas. Top pair and a force on the blueline. Once Gudas went to the Bolts, Korobov was like a lost puppy. Last year, he and Wit started as second pairing. Solid and dependable, they played well together. Once the call ups and injuries started and they were seperated, Korobov returned to the lost puppy stage. His selection as "Defenseman of the Year" by Crunch management was the perfect ending to a season that the tapes of should be smashed to pieces, shredded, burned, then buried with the rest of the bull droppings. It was a FRIGGING JOKE.
His foot speed is below average, he makes terrible decisions with any partner except his regular one, and was frequently out of position last year. Some will point out his assist total as "nice" numbers. For a player who should have been one of the leaders on the Crunch blueline, his points are off-set by his plus/minus and his overall poor play.
This is one fan's opinion who has seen him play the last two years and is not impressed. Use the roster spot to bring in another dman and let Korobov return to the KHL.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Aulie is our only D prospect who fights well enough to protect our stars. Hopefully he can be a 7.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
If Aulie is the best we can do for protection on the blueline, we are doomed. If he is availalbe, Carkner from the Islanders would be a much better fit as a 6 or 7 to keep the front of the net clear.

Yzlamic Preacher*

My list:

Yes: Callahan, Pyatt, Kostka, Korobov, Kunyk, Lee(Got your back Hose)

No: Angelidis, Salo, Labrie, CD

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
I voted no on Angelidis by accident

Yes
Callahan
Angelidis
Korobov
Kunyk

No
Salo
Lee
Pyatt
Desjardins
Labrie
Kostka

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I voted only to keep Callahan, Kunyk, Angelidis and Korobov. I split voted Callahan because while I want him to re-sign, I don't want him if his AAV is over 6M. Kunyk is obvious, Angelidis seems like a good player to have in Syracuse who can fill in when injuries hit in Tampa Bay and Korobov I have no strong feelings either way.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Aulie is the best we can do for protection on the blueline, we are doomed. If he is availalbe, Carkner from the Islanders would be a much better fit as a 6 or 7 to keep the front of the net clear.

Boston might be looking to deal Adam McQuaid. Like to see someone run Bishop then. Opponents would treat Bishop like he had some deadly and very contagious disease.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Why do people want Salo back? There are younger options available that I would say are better too, probably for around the same price.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Why do people want Salo back? There are younger options available that I would say are better too, probably for around the same price.

No idea. He was OK in the regular season, if slow and very predictable. In the playoffs, though, you could really see where his speed (or lack thereof) was a liability. I'm scared how slow he'll be with another year of age by playoffs next year. Eeek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad