Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #16 Tie Breaker (Valiev vs. Bibeau)

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
^Same can be said the qmjhl goalie who faced numerous shots in both the last stage of the playoffs and the memorial cup, while beating out Anthony Mantha for the mvp.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Bibeau has a better chance of becoming at least a backup, vs. Valiev taken late in his 2nd year of eligibility.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bibeau got lit up at the prospect camp, so I'm pretty sure he is a bust

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
HOW HAS MACWILLIAM NOT BEEN VOTED YET? MY GOD PEOPLE

MacWilliam > Either of these guys, biggs, mckegg, nilsson,and ashton and possibly loov

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Think about how high of a prospect Matha would be rated. Bilbeau won MVP over him in the Q. Just putting things in perspective.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto

MacWilliam > Either of these guys, biggs, mckegg, nilsson,and ashton and possibly loov

The only one I'd agree on is Mckegg, and that cause I'm not a huge fan. Macwilliam tops out as a bottom pairing guy.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Its kind of a wash at this point so its hard to care enough to argue, but how do you figure? Macwilliam is older than all of them and was mostly scratched in the AHL playoffs while guys like McKegg and Ahston were huge parts of the success they had.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
People knocking on Valiev for being passed over in the draft the year before when he was eligible should probably know the same happened to Bibeau....

Valiev actually had a legit reason though, because he left and went back to Russia after he got injured which scared teams away.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I was very unimpressed with Bibeau in the games I saw. His stats are far better then his skills, just like Reimer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad