Injury Report: 2014 Injury Thread (Updates in First Post) | Beau Bennett 'out a couple weeks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The thing about Bennett is that even when with his ridiculous injury history, he's worth more to us than anyone else. If a team as wing-starved as the Pens can't deal with his injuries, what makes people think he's going to have any kind of trade value? Other GMs see the IR too.

We need to hang onto him for what he can bring whenever he's in the line-up and what he could bring if he can somehow stay healthy. What we can't count on him for is to be any kind of regular top 6 option this year, even if that's where he deserves to be when healthy.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
wait what happened to him now? I didn't watch the game agains Boston, I assume he got hurt in that game?
A Boston player fell on his leg. Bennett was in quite a bit of pain. He punched the ice before getting up and hobbling off to the bench.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Bennett is out 2 weeks
That's a lot worse than I expected, but really nothing in the long run. He should be back by Dec. 12th against the Flames.

These last two injuries were really just freak accidents. It's not like he's falling apart after a hard check. His knee was bent against the Bruins and Sill got him with his skate during a 3v3 drill.

The news could have been a lot worse. Bennett is going to be alright.

Michael8771*

Could be worse, but could be better. We just can't trust him to stay healthy though.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Malkin and Jeffrey blew their knees out on similar plays so I guess two weeks isn't that bad. That said, Bennett's inability to stay healthy is starting to get beyond annoying.

At least Megs will get a shot now though.

penguins2946*

Eh 2 weeks really isn't that bad, but still, he needs to stop getting hurt. Any idea what the injury is? Megna will just step in on the 3rd line, so nothing too bad.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Malkin and Jeffrey blew their knees out on similar plays so I guess two weeks isn't that bad. That said, Bennett's inability to stay healthy is starting to get beyond annoying.

At least Megs will get a shot now though.
That´s fine, but on the other hand the legend of Zach Sill arises once again :help:

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
2 weeks isn't bad. I figured since he was able to get back on the ice it (hopefully) wasn't going to be too long.

Poor Beau. It must be so frustrating.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
That´s fine, but on the other hand the legend of Zach Sill arises once again :help:

Yeah... excited for Megna, sad for Bennett and pissed about Sill. :laugh:

Give some other WBS players a cup of coffee to see how they look. The answer to this is that they need to call somebody up.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
Coach Johnston on @WBSPenguins: “We get ongoing evaluation from game to game… We know where guys are at if we need to call somebody up."

Jason Mackey ‏@Mackey_Trib
Johnston confirms that today is optional, because of the volume of games. Bennett out a few weeks.

So none of the players who weren't at practice are injured... well, possibly banged up. Except Malkin who is just a lazy Russian or in the KHL by now.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Looking at the schedule, two weeks is ~8 games. Nuts. a month ago, two weeks would have been 2 games.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Josh Yohe @JoshYohe_Trib
Bennett is out 2 weeks

disaster-girl.jpg

Beau Bennett will finally stay healthy this season, they said.

He will solve our issues in the top-6, they said.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
2 weeks isn't too bad.

poor kid. what is his longest game streak in his career so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad