Injury Report: 2014 Injury Thread (Updates in First Post) | Beau Bennett 'out a couple weeks'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER|TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Pascal Dupuis | N/A | 11.17.14 | 6 months minimum | May 2015 at the earliest | Blood clot in lung | 11.18.14 | @penguins
Beau Bennett | Lower Body | 11.26.14 | Couple Weeks | 12.10.14 at the earliest | Injured in game 11.24.14 @ BOS | 11.26.14 | @penguins
« 'Possible Return' calculated by calendar week, i.e. Friday to Friday, from the date reported unless otherwise noted »
« Previous injury thread can be found here »

« 11.19.14 | Dupuis Updates »
Video of Dupuis Media Conference 11.19.14:
[NHL]676519[/NHL]

Official press release is here
Feature articles from the Pens' website are here and here
Feature article from the NHL's website is here
Videos of team member responses can be viewed here
Folks wanting to leave a get well message for Dupuis can do so here

« 11.27.14 | Off Day »
The Penguins have canceled the practice scheduled for today. They will start a home-and-home with Carolina Friday at Consol Energy Center. @MolinariPG

Last edited:

penguins2946*

I wonder when Pouliot will be ready to go for WBS. I haven't really heard much about him so far.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@OtherNHLCrosby
Johnston says Bennett is still skating on his own and is still a few weeks away

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Weird that BB went from being expected to resume partial practice in 7-10 days to being a few weeks away. If he hurt himself in those 7 inch leather heels imma be pissed :rant: Hopefully we get some more information.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Weird that BB went from being expected to resume partial practice in 7-10 days to being a few weeks away. If he hurt himself in those 7 inch leather heels imma be pissed :rant: Hopefully we get some more information.

Let's be realistic, at least one of them got hurt in those shoes and a few of them probably got pink eye from the makeup.

Wasn't Bennett 7-10 days away from getting into a practice?

Fordy

May 28, 2008

uh a few weeks from playing is not a change to his timeline

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Let's be realistic, at least one of them got hurt in those shoes and a few of them probably got pink eye from the makeup.

Wasn't Bennett 7-10 days away from getting into a practice?

You do have point ... if it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all, right? But, yeah, the last report on BB was he was skating with Bort and Harrington and expected resume partial practices in 7-10 days, which would have put him slightly ahead of schedule.

Well starting a partial practice in 10 days would play itself out to being ready for game action in like 18 total or so, no?

Maybe it's just my personal interpretation of the wording. A couple of weeks is 2 or 3, and a few is more than 3. So, for me, 18 days would be a couple of weeks ... and would also be in the original time line.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
When I first saw the pictures, I was slightly worried that one would get hurt in those shoes. But Bennett's timeline hasn't changed. He was 7-10 days away from starting partial practice. He'd then have to work his way up to full practices, and he'd have to see how he'd respond to that before he could play.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
uh a few weeks from playing is not a change to his timeline

When I first saw the pictures, I was slightly worried that one would get hurt in those shoes. But Bennett's timeline hasn't changed. He was 7-10 days away from starting partial practice. He'd then have to work his way up to full practices, and he'd have to see how he'd respond to that before he could play.

Well, according to the Pens website, HCMJ said a couple weeks, not a few weeks, which is what was in the tweet. Semantics and all that. I'll just post the link to the article and remove the tweet.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
Well, according to the Pens website, HCMJ said a couple weeks, not a few weeks, which is what was in the tweet. Semantics and all that. I'll just post the link to the article and remove the tweet.

The tweet wasn't an official statement from the penguins, though. I think it's fair to say that his status hasn't changed.

Edit: Just saw Johnston's interview today. He says that Bennett is a "couple weeks" away.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

could be two different timelines, right?

7-10 days from practice, weeks away from playing?

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
One of the things I am most

...interested in seeing under MJs new system, is whether the injuries go down. More support on breakouts, less dumping and chasing....hopefully less getting clobbered.
Also, the improvement of the ice in Consol could be very positive ....soft ice with lots of grooves catches skates and blows up ankles and knees. The better it is the safer the players.
I always wondered how much the ice had to do w bB's awkward skate catch and fall...

Fordy

May 28, 2008
...interested in seeing under MJs new system, is whether the injuries go down. More support on breakouts, less dumping and chasing....hopefully less getting clobbered.
Also, the improvement of the ice in Consol could be very positive ....soft ice with lots of grooves catches skates and blows up ankles and knees. The better it is the safer the players.
I always wondered how much the ice had to do w bB's awkward skate catch and fall...

we are about one month injury free atm

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
we are about one month injury free atm

Oh god, don't say it out loud! Are you crazy?!

Bennett is on LTIR anyway, he can't play until at least our 11th game which is on November 4th. We're on the road from the 2nd til the 14th, but we have a couple 2 day breaks. If I were to guess, I'd say he'll have partial practices until the 3rd, ramp up to full practices around the 5th and get in a game on the 11th against the Rangers in NY.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Doesn't seem weird to me.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I wonder when Pouliot will be ready to go for WBS. I haven't really heard much about him so far.

Looks like he's done with his rehab. He's been officially assigned to the Baby Pens

The Pittsburgh Penguins have assigned defenseman Derrick Pouliot to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

Pouliot has been rehabbing from offseason shoulder surgery. www.penguins.nhl.com

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Greiss, Bortuzzo, Ebbett, Harrington and goalie coach Mike Bales are the only Penguins personnel on the ice at the game-day skate.

Dave Molinari @MolinariPG 1h

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Dunno. Honestly, even though none of those guys might play, I could see any of them wanting to get on the ice a bit if they were, considering the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->