2014 HFNHL Ducks Draft Review - 5 years later

Regal Beagles

Feb 28, 2013
Ok gents,

First, I acknowledge that I will have traded my picks and probably should have traded the other two as my 2014 draft was a total failure.

First pick: traded in the Drew Doughty deal. Turned out to be Leon Draisaitl to handsome Alvaro at fourth pick overall. Our team looked strong and went with a heavy defensive push in Doughty and Suter on D, but my goaltending was awful and the sim made the Ducks pay.

Ducks drafts Anton Karlsson as the #40 overall pick in the Entry Draft of year 2014. We were going with either the Swede or the Finn (Aho). Gulp....50/50 turned into a sea of regret.

Ducks drafts Edgars Kulda as the #72 overall pick in the Entry Draft of year 2014. Team management had goggles on from the impressive WHL playoffs and Memorial Cup run. Kulda just got into good positions to score and this is just before the switch to skill from heavy hockey mode. We went with the old curve and got crushed on a reach. Our other consideration at this pick was Daniel Audette, whom we eventually acquired via trade and remains a Duck prospect.

Quack

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Columbus’ first pick wasn’t until the 3rd (Dexter Dancs), but might as well have been the 7th for all the good it or the few others I had did. I’m suppose someone must have gotten some late round value in 2014 - God knows so didn’t!

BUSTADO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad