Prospect Info: 2014 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #5

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Didn't have the best year/playoffs iirc.

Agreed, I felt that he played on a stack team before being drafted thus making him not that great... But I still believe he had great potential as he could become a starter goalie in the NHL. Most guys like Sekac and Andrighetto might not become Top-6 forwards... (imo)

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Agreed, I felt that he played on a stack team before being drafted thus making him not that great... But I still believe he had great potential as he could become a starter goalie in the NHL. Most guys like Sekac and Andrighetto might not become Top-6 forwards... (imo)

They're NHL ready though. This isn't just, "who has the highest possible upside". NHL readiness, likeliness to reach potential etc all factor in.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
wow, no love for Tokarski?

I agree even though I voted Nygren ....again. If were picking guys that are most likely NHL ready Nygren and Tokarski should be getting most of the love.
Ghetto is a small skilled forward that has a chance to make the club this year. But if I was to put money on who makes it I think Jacob de la Rose , Nygren and Tokarski make it first.

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
Not sure how Tokarski isn't considered a better prospect than Fucale. He sat on his head in the Stanley Cup Semifinals. Just because he's not a high pick doesn't mean he can't be a "late bloomer" type.

Hank Scorpio

Mar 7, 2010
Tough choices, not sure who I'm voting for yet.

Out of curiosity, how are others weighing potential against likely hood to play in the NHL?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Voted for Ghetto, saw him play a few times last season, hoping to replicate that during the upcoming season (I live in Toronto, so it's easy for me to get to Hamilton, and games are cheap)

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
They're NHL ready though. This isn't just, "who has the highest possible upside". NHL readiness, likeliness to reach potential etc all factor in.

In my eyes, people should think of three main factors: ceiling/upside, probability of reaching that ceiling, and how far along in their development the prospect is.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Tough choices, not sure who I'm voting for yet.

Out of curiosity, how are others weighing potential against likely hood to play in the NHL?

I am not good at weighting potential because so many prospects I thought would make it became bust. :cry:
I am voting on who I think is NHL ready or very close...in this area I do much better :)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
In my eyes, people should think of three main factors: ceiling/upside, probability of reaching that ceiling, and how far along in their development the prospect is.

When you mention that, theres no way Andrighetto is so far down the list.

Scherbak has maybe a bit more ceiling but he's far from being a sure thing and he's far from the NHL. DLR has less ceiling than Ghetto and hes a bit farther than him in his developpement also.

Only the two Dman should go over him.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Sad to see Nygren getting no votes.

He's in a bad situation in Montreal unfortunately, I believe that hurts his value a little. If he doesn't make our team out of camp, he's most likely not coming back for another try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad