Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I think anyone who tries to take away any credit
from Peter Forsberg's achievements is either ignorant
or trolling.

Definitively one of the biggest hockey players ever.

Thank you, peace. :handclap:

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010
Thanks to the Swedes for the great game and tournament!

A classic game no doubt, even from biased eyes. Great tourney by ours boys damn that was beautiful! From cursing the refs to hell (gotta check those penalties afterwards to form objective opinion) to the mini-heart attacks every time Sweden touched the puck in overtime boy oh boy what a ride. Yo Joe Sakic nice clutch but Ristolainen one of most clutch of all time, of all time!

TORILLA TAVATAAN, NYT VOI VITTU NAATTIA NAATTIA NAATTIA!

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
One thing that makes me very happy is that Swedes planned the celebration thoroughly. I hope they will never do it here in Finland. Make absolutely sure that it is the game that comes first and after that do random BS if you have to, but respect the game as the most important thing.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
One thing that makes me very happy is that Swedes planned the celebration thoroughly. I hope they will never do it here in Finland. Make absolutely sure that it is the game that comes first and after that do random BS if you have to, but respect the game as the most important thing.
What is your sources for that? Printing t-shirts and having caps ready?

Tompa8989*

Well we do have a lot of rocket scientists so... just kidding :)

Anyway. Again congratulations to team Finland who took every one by surprise by beating the 3 gold candidates to win the gold for them self. And I am proud of the Swedish team who had a wonderful tournament and the city of Malmö who managed to arranged a really good tournament.

I hope for just as much excitement next year. And remember "Finlands sak är vår".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5yR_0HNB8I

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
-Top points scorer
-Top goal scorer
-Tournament assist leader
- Honestly, Best goalie
- Best Rasmus Ristolainen
= 1 World Chanmpionship

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How sick would it be if Moonsorrow was Finland's goal horn song?!

I would have gotten goosebumps if they played this after RR's golden goal.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

Jaymond, you finally accepted Gabriel Landeskog as the Captain of Colorado Avalanche? :D

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It seems that you have not heard about corruption scandals in European soccer. The court case that I mentioned as example which you need to know as benchmark how much proof you need to have before you can say that game was rigged. In my opinion that the save that Mishchuk didn not make is lesser proof than refeering in 3rd period. Three concencutive penalties which were so-and-so. In hockeyu games you might have couple of wrong calls but not three in row and only for one team. That is really unuasual.

The refereing this night was something that should trigger investigation. Im not saying that they are guilty, but this still should be investigated. In Finnish Soccer this kind of refereeing would result to somekind of investigation.

In Mishchuk case they tied his performance with two things - the bets made on that game and the money transfers on his bank account prior the game.

Im not accusing referees being corrupted but Im just saying that their performance this night should trigger investigation where they would study suspicious activites in placing the bets and on referees bank accounts.

What would be better time to "spit out these pathetic accusations" than after a glorious win? How do you justify that Im bitter now? Because my team won?

In the interests of fair international hockey officiating. I believe there should be an investigation into the officiating of this game. The team who seemingly was being called(penalties) on many good hockey plays won, but, regardless of this fact the officiating was questionable.

SWE had at least three obvious play changing infractions in the OT period alone, without call.

-I have zero connection, ancestry etc. with either country nor did I place money on the game. No bias here.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
"− Karri (Kivi) tuli sanomaan, että ruotsalaisilla on kakut ja muut jo valmiina. Meidän tehtävämme oli pilata se ja mehän pilasimme sen." - Teräväinen

"Karri came in and said the Swedes cakes and everything ready. It was our job to spoil it and we did."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Just got home and checked TSN expecting a big Swedish win (hey, they were favored), then was shocked to see what had happened.

First, congrats to Finland. One of my favorite countries for a number of reasons - I love their brand of hockey and also my great-grandmother was from Finland, so I have ties to the country.

I did read a lot of the posts on here and it is obvious that people are very upset, as they have been in other threads in other games. Obviously, this one is very important.

I will not take anything said by any Swedish player right now and hold it against him. First, reporters should be off limits from those boys for awhile until they can compose themselves. Second, they are just kids, and although they lost, they did play a hell of a tournament and when all is said and done - it is just a game. A big game, but a game none the less.

I hope everyone takes a moment to reflect on the beauty of the sport. It is a sometimes violent, physical one where controlling your emotions is both difficult and necessary. A fast game, a game where anything can and will happen. A game where on any given day a player or a team can make something amazing happen, or conversely see what they felt they were good enough to earn slip away.

In the end, most of us are disappointed and only a few are thrilled. This year the day belongs to our friends the Finns. You have to take the victories and the defeats and accept them both as inevitable, and not get too hung up on either - because next year, maybe it'll be your turn. Or maybe ours. ;)

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Jaymond, you finally accepted Gabriel Landeskog as the Captain of Colorado Avalanche? :D

I will never accept him as the captain. I was Avalanche fan since Nordiques-days and I will be again when he is gone, but while he is the captain, I want them to lose each and every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->