2014 Flyers prospect ranking: #3

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
It's pretty awesome that Sanheim is our fourth best prospect. After years of having literally nothing to look forward to, it feels pretty nice.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Sanheim.

The fact that Laughton got voted as our 2nd best prospect is unbelievable. He's a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. Does anyone think he will be a top 6 center in the future? Eh, whatever.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Sanheim.

The fact that Laughton got voted as our 2nd best prospect is unbelievable. He's a high floor, low ceiling kind of guy. Does anyone think he will be a top 6 center in the future? Eh, whatever.

Yeah I share your feelings on Laughton. Think he'll be a contributing member to the team, but I don't really see top-6 upside.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
I think most people rank Laughton as second is because it's a relatively safe bet he'll at least be a contributing member, contrary to ghost and sanheim who have some question marks

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Laughton will be a good player, I can see the competitiveness in his eyes, born leader.
He's also a very good skater, I think his play style will translate to the NHL fairly well.
We'll find out soon enough!!

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
voted gost the bear

well not a full grown bear, more like a cub:laugh:

even though sanheim is a relative of hexys, and from my neck of the woods, i think 4 would be a good spot for him. he is a great skater, has a good hockey iq, he needs to grow into his body, which will likely be 210-215 lbs, he needs more defensive polish. but his ceiling is crazy high. i am really looking forward to his season with the hitmen and canadas wjc team. as well as keeping an eye on morin in the q and on our wjc team as well.

he and morin can battle it out to see who our new #1 dman is gonna be, sanheim or morin. but after decades of trading for a highly sought after #1 dman, we have woken up and are gonna draft and develop our own d.

hagg is gonna be a 2nd pairing dman for us. good skater, good checker, good shutdown dman, and a natural born puck mover. our future d is gonna be a big,quick, puck moving machine.

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
I really hope Ghost pans out. He seems like such an exciting player, and has loads of potential.

When was the last time we drafted a decent prospect outside the first round? It's got to be over a decade ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad