2014 draft.

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
out of Switzerland there are a few names...

Kevin Fiala, F ZSC Lions
Andy Ritz, F EHC Visp
Lars Blanchard, D HC Fribourg-Gotteron
Gauthier Descloux, G HC Sierre

Those four have been among the best in recently u15 tournaments...

JSilvius*

Aaron Ekblad is looking pretty decent. He's been mentioned by Mark Siedel as "the next great one" (a title that's been thrown around far too often on kids who will likely not be as good as Crosby). Even though I don't think he'll be the next superstar or anything, he's still an early favourite as one of the top picks for the 2014 draft.

Stanleyjub

Oct 24, 2009
hockey
Some notable finns:
Alex Lintuniemi D 1-2 round
Roope Rohamo D 3-7
Teemu Turunen F 3-7
Miro Mäkinen F 3-7
Waltteri Hoppanen F 3-7
Jonne Yliniemi F 3-7

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
out of Switzerland there are a few names...

Kevin Fiala, F ZSC Lions
Andy Ritz, F EHC Visp
Lars Blanchard, D HC Fribourg-Gotteron
Gauthier Descloux, G HC Sierre

Those four have been among the best in recently u15 tournaments...

Any of them hyped for the 1st round?

FrankTheTank

Jun 1, 2010
Some notable finns:
Alex Lintuniemi D 1-2 round
Roope Rohamo D 3-7
Teemu Turunen F 3-7
Miro Mäkinen F 3-7
Waltteri Hoppanen F 3-7
Jonne Yliniemi F 3-7

I would add Niko Ahoniemi(forward) and Jaakko Hälli(defenceman).

Especially I am really excited about Hälli because he's big kid and he has done great stats in C-juniors.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
here are some names I know of so far:

1. Patrik Koys—F—Dubnica U18 5’09/157
2. Anthony DeAnglo—D—Cedar USHL 5’10/165
3. Maxime Chevalier—Def—Quebec 0’00/000
4. Braden Oleksyn—F—Beardy AAA 5’10/170
5. Sam Reinhart—F—Vancouver NW 5’11/165
6. Aaron Ekblad—Defense—Ontario 0’00/000
7. Brandon Nickerson—D—South Shore 6’01/185
8. Nicholas Ritchie—F—Toronto Malbros 0’00/000
9. Jonathan Deschamps—D—Trois Riv AAA 0’00/000
10. Joe Hicketts—Defense—Kamloops 0’00/000
11. Blake Clarke—Forward—Shattuck 5’11/170
12. Bryce Martin—Defense—WHL 0’00/000
13. Brook Hiddink—Forward—Elgin 0’00/000
14. William Nylander—F—Chicago Misson 0’00/000
15. Brayden Point—Forward—Bisons 5’00/100
16. Daniel Audette—Forward—Quebec 0’00/000
17. Zack Gonek—Defense—St. Albert 6’00/152
18. Roland McKeown—Defense—OHL 0’00/000
19. Matthew Highmore—F—Dartmouth 0’00/000
20. Brandon Prophet—D—Cyclons 6’02/210
21. Jan Mandat—F—HC Dukla Jihlava 5’10/170
22. Petr Tejral—F—HC Slavia Praha 5’07/120
23. Logan Franz—Forward—Shattuck 5’10/155
24. Nicholas Blanchard--F--Acadia 5'10/170

Gotta love scoutman. You ask for info on the 2014 draft and he gives you some. i've been following his lists going back to 2006 and he usually is very accurate. He was talkin about Sean Couturier like 3 years ago and the same with Nathan Mackinnon and Nail Yakupov. Good work scoutman. Nice to see Patrik Koys is #1 how has he been progressing? And that Anthony Deangelo kis is the youngest player to ever play in the USHL this season having just turned 15

wolem78

Sep 21, 2008
(F) Ivan Nikolishin(CSKA)
(D) Alexei Sleptsov(CSKA)
(F) Stanislav Kondratiev(CSKA)
(D) Artemy Gryazev(Dinamo)
(F) Ilya Zinoviev(Traktor)
(F) Maxim Lazarev(AkBars)
(F) Anton Kosulnikov(Lokomotiv)
(D) Egor Tsvetkov(Lokomotiv)
(F) Egor Kulakov(Khimik)
(D) Yury Baspakov(Metalurg.Nov)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Nice to see Patrik Koys is #1 how has he been progressing?

He is playing in U18 Slovak league, is second in scoring with 48 points (24+24) in 28 games.

But many peoples warned, that he isnt that clear numero uno, they pointed to his skating.... But his draft is still 3 years in the future. A lot can happen.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Josh Ho Sung - Toronto Marlboros Minor Midget
Michael Dal Colle - Vaughn Kings Bantom

Some top names in the GTA.

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice
Nice to see Patrik Koys is #1 how has he been progressing?

It's really hard to say if it's adequate to give him #1 spot right now, but he is doing pretty well in our U18 league. I thought I would share an interview with Vladimir Orszagh, manager of U16 team. Particularly the last question should interest you.

http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/28570/%E2%80%9Etreningy-nech-su-bez-rodicov%E2%80%9C-hovori-manazer-sr-16-vladimir-orszagh

Forward Patrik Koys, in hockey circles and among the fans, is considered to be a huge talent of our hockey. How do you see his qualities and his future in the "big" hockey?

I'll say it this way. It's not only about this player, in this class we have some perspective youngsters. But they are still only 15 years old and they are going to mature physically and mentally. I can say that through my career I've seen much more talented players than we have now in our U16 squad. Those guys dominated in sport classes and youth leagues, but in time they stopped working on themselves. Today those names won't tell you anything, nobody knows about them, because most of them never got to the pro level. Considering this age group it's really really to soon to say which player could succeed. It depends on his physical development. I'm always saying to my boys that if someone is saying about them they are considered to be a huge talent, that in their age it means simply nothing big. If they settle down for being great in their club and stop working, they won't end well. I was very disappointed that some of the guys came to the national team and they were training to 60%. We have had a talk with them that in the national team they have to go fully into it. In their clubs they are not training as they should because they are considered great. Their coaches know that without them they won't go far thus they are not pushing them as others. But that just won't do in the national team.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
It's really hard to say if it's adequate to give him #1 spot right now, but he is doing pretty well in our U18 league. I thought I would share an interview with Vladimir Orszagh, manager of U16 team. Particularly the last question should interest you.

http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/28570/%E2%80%9Etreningy-nech-su-bez-rodicov%E2%80%9C-hovori-manazer-sr-16-vladimir-orszagh

Forward Patrik Koys, in hockey circles and among the fans, is considered to be a huge talent of our hockey. How do you see his qualities and his future in the "big" hockey?

I'll say it this way. It's not only about this player, in this class we have some perspective youngsters. But they are still only 15 years old and they are going to mature physically and mentally. I can say that through my career I've seen much more talented players than we have now in our U16 squad. Those guys dominated in sport classes and youth leagues, but in time they stopped working on themselves. Today those names won't tell you anything, nobody knows about them, because most of them never got to the pro level. Considering this age group it's really really to soon to say which player could succeed. It depends on his physical development. I'm always saying to my boys that if someone is saying about them they are considered to be a huge talent, that in their age it means simply nothing big. If they settle down for being great in their club and stop working, they won't end well. I was very disappointed that some of the guys came to the national team and they were training to 60%. We have had a talk with them that in the national team they have to go fully into it. In their clubs they are not training as they should because they are considered great. Their coaches know that without them they won't go far thus they are not pushing them as others. But that just won't do in the national team.

well let me say it this way...that is just a coach keeping his players grounded and not trying to set one guy above the rest...someone has to go 1st on the list right now and right now hands down IMO is Koys.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
well let me say it this way...that is just a coach keeping his players grounded and not trying to set one guy above the rest...someone has to go 1st on the list right now and right now hands down IMO is Koys.

Why Koys? In Slovak terms he is clearly a very good talent, especially in recent years. He seems to be part of an age group that is doing very well in Slovakia right now. But Slovakian youth hockey is clearly much weaker than some of its European counterparts, and even weaker still than the North American junior competition. Pegging Koys at #1 at this age in his current competition seems a pointless excercise to me. How much have you seen of Koys?

Indian

Jan 14, 2010
Košice

Well I understand. I was just pleasently surprised to see him that high and I wanted to give a perspective to you by sharing that interview.

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Markus Søberg from Norway

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=73397

Younger brother of our World juniors goalie Markus Søberg who is eligble this year. Markus played the first half of this season for Modo J-18 in Sweden but went home to Norway and his old club Manglerud/Star because he was having problems keeping up at school in a new country. He will probably be back in Sweden next season, he has standing offers from most SEL clubs.

If the Norwegian hockey association could get their head out of their ***** he would be playing in the senior league this season. He is dominating players 3-4 years older than him in the Norwegian junior league. I have followed Norwegian hockey for about 20-30 years now and I can`t remember a talent like this. The only one that comes close is Patrick Thoresen who was a preety dominant player that age himself. Søberg should be on the U-18 team in the world championships in Germany this April.

I know its still early but he could be Norways first 1.rounder if he keeps developing. And he still has some growing to do and should probably be around 1.87-1.90 by his draft year.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Younger brother of our World juniors goalie Markus Søberg who is eligble this year. Markus played the first half of this season for Modo J-18 in Sweden but went home to Norway and his old club Manglerud/Star because he was having problems keeping up at school in a new country. He will probably be back in Sweden next season, he has standing offers from most SEL clubs.

If the Norwegian hockey association could get their head out of their ***** he would be playing in the senior league this season. He is dominating players 3-4 years older than him in the Norwegian junior league. I have followed Norwegian hockey for about 20-30 years now and I can`t remember a talent like this. The only one that comes close is Patrick Thoresen who was a preety dominant player that age himself. Søberg should be on the U-18 team in the world championships in Germany this April.

I know its still early but he could be Norways first 1.rounder if he keeps developing. And he still has some growing to do and should probably be around 1.87-1.90 by his draft year.

If eliteprospects.com is right and he was born in April 1995 that means that he is eligible for the 2013 draft already. 2014 is the first year of eligbility only for players born between 15 September 1995 and 15 September 1996.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002

What's the story with his dual citizenship?

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52418

In Latvia we hype this guy, Rihards Bukarts, not seeing them play each other I'd still say he should be better than Koys. Latvia's top scorer in EYOF U17 last year (and tournament's second, after Mikhail Grigorenko in nr.1), already put 2 goals in the net for team Latvia U20 vs Austria in the preparatory game. Despite being stuck in worst team in MHL and bad line, still produces points...

In Denmark they hype this guy http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=66581
Pretty impressive stats in Swiss Jr. A...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->