2014 Draft Who's climbed/dropped

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I think maybe some of the Euro's should have risen, but haven't on Craig's list, like Fazleev, Scherbak, Bukarts, Nikolishin.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Hicketts has been great for Victoria. Point per game pace for a dman. I'm guessing his size will be a deterrent, so expecting 5th-6th round.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Hicketts has been great for Victoria. Point per game pace for a dman. I'm guessing his size will be a deterrent, so expecting 5th-6th round.

Risers:
Ty Edmonds
Julius Honka
Connor Bleackley
John Quenneville
Tyson Baillie
Reid Gardiner
Nikita Scherbak
Riley Stadel
Joe Hicketts
Brandon Fushimi

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I haven't seen a lot of him, but I'm really liking Rihards Bukarts. You know at 5'9", 189 lbs he's going to be quick and shifty, but I wasn't expecting so much compete and physicality out of him already. The other night against Moose Jaw, he was beating players to the punch and laid one guy out with a perfect open-ice bodycheck.

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Aaron Irving has put up pretty good numbers considering he looked like he would be a defensive defenceman. 15 points in 21 games. could be a good pickup in the 4th-6th round. Unless you're the Oilers then you take him in the 1st.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Connor Bleackley has been the biggest riser.

Been pretty disappointed with Point and Atwal.

Baillie has had a quiet (<-surprisingly) solid season.

Virtanen's hype is still overblown IMO in regards of a top 10-14 prospect.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Joshua Winquist
Tyler Sandhu

Joshua Winquist will NOT be drafted, the same reason why Holmberg won't be drafted. Overagers normally dominate the CHL leagues and get a ELC or training camp invite.

Sandhu is playing like a 3rd to 6th rounder, and his size isn't exactly NHL quality.

Bocephus

Oct 14, 2007
Lethbridge
www.myspace.com
Joshua Winquist will NOT be drafted, the same reason why Holmberg won't be drafted. Overagers normally dominate the CHL leagues and get a ELC or training camp invite.

Sandhu is playing like a 3rd to 6th rounder, and his size isn't exactly NHL quality.

Sandhu is the same size as De Leo and nearly the same stats but about 3 months younger but a year younger in hockey age yet...Sandhu has size issues and De Leo doesn't? I like them both but neither are blue chip prospects but they are both really nice players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sandhu is the same size as De Leo and nearly the same stats but about 3 months younger but a year younger in hockey age yet...Sandhu has size issues and De Leo doesn't? I like them both but neither are blue chip prospects but they are both really nice players.

I actually agree with you, De Leo is sort of overrated. But I also think that the skill level between them is completely different, you can tell that De Leo is more skilled than Sandhu when watching them play.

Like I said Sandhu is probably a 3rd to 5th round prospect
De Leo looked like a top 20 prospect, but now I think he is somewhere around 20th to 40th.

Bocephus

Oct 14, 2007
Lethbridge
www.myspace.com
I actually agree with you, De Leo is sort of overrated. But I also think that the skill level between them is completely different, you can tell that De Leo is more skilled than Sandhu when watching them play.

Like I said Sandhu is probably a 3rd to 5th round prospect
De Leo looked like a top 20 prospect, but now I think he is somewhere around 20th to 40th.

I live out east. Shame how many great players we don't see enough. Loved to have watch Portland the past 4 years.

Oct 15, 2008
Aaron Irving has improved by leaps and bounds on the ice. Not sure if that translates into draft rankings but it should imo.

He has surpassed Dyson Mayo imo.

edmontonfan59

Nov 9, 2009
Aaron Irving has improved by leaps and bounds on the ice. Not sure if that translates into draft rankings but it should imo.

He has surpassed Dyson Mayo imo.

I think he also out played Brycen Martin last night who's listed as an A skater by NHL Central Scouting

w1nman

Aug 29, 2013

They won't be drafted because they don't have to be. I'm not so sold on Winquist just yet, but Holmberg is certainly this year's Tyler Johnson, Brendan Shinnimin, etc and will probably have an ELC with someone by February.

Sandhu I actually like more then De Leo. I live out here in the US division and see all these teams a ton, and I would seriously warn anyone off of Portland's guys as prospects. They've been such a product of quantity of good players, and I think that old adage "a rising tide lifts all boats" really overrates a lot of the guys coming through that system now. I was SHOCKED to see people have De Leo as a 1st round projection. The only forward they've had in this run that I really liked was Ryan Johansen. The rest I would be surprised to see do much next level, with perhaps Bjorkstrand as a sleeper who was good value as a late 3rd.

For me though, both Sandhu and De Leo are 3rd round tops at this point, with a slight edge to Sandhu IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad