Prospect Info: 2014 Draft Discussion II (June 27-28 in Philadelphia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Still thinking it's Scherbak or Tuch unless someone falls. If Virtanen falls, they'll have a big decision to make.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Still thinking it's Scherbak or Tuch unless someone falls. If Virtanen falls, they'll have a big decision to make.

If Virtanen falls to us the decision should be a no brainer. The guy almost puts up the same 50 goals in a season as Mantha but is almost a year younger when he does it. Plus has great size and is a good skater like Mantha but him falling to us is like 2%.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If Virtanen falls to us the decision should be a no brainer. The guy almost puts up the same 50 goals in a season as Mantha but is almost a year younger when he does it. Plus has great size and is a good skater like Mantha but him falling to us is like 2%.

His injury will play a role tomorrow for sure. It's ridiculous but it will. A month ago, I would've told you he could go as high as 5 but now I think he could drop to around 13. Doubt he'd drop any further but we've seen weird things happen before.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
that's really hard question to answer man.

could be any team from maybe 12 to 20. doubt he drops much lower than that.

i think flyers (17) and tampa (19) are little less likely though.

Just wondering the odds he gets snagged before the Wings pick. I think it's always a huge advantage to have players in your organization that actually want to be there.

We'll be finding out in a matter of hours now.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Just wondering the odds he gets snagged before the Wings pick. I think it's always a huge advantage to have players in your organization that actually want to be there.

We'll be finding out in a matter of hours now.

i think the odds are pretty good that he's available when the wings pick.

but it only takes one team that really likes him.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
i think the odds are pretty good that he's available when the wings pick.

but it only takes one team that really likes him.
Yeah, exactly. That's going to be the story of this draft, and I think it's going to get weird quickly. I think at about 10th overall, everybody is off script and the real drafting begins. So he could be there at 15, but 5 picks is an eternity when there's no real consensus for those picks. You might as well pick names out of a hat from then on.

For the record, I think Detroit would like to draft Larkin. He just fits what our organization likes in prospects too well. and I believe that Tyler Wright has a thing for hard-working north-south players, so he fits that bill also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->