Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp – July 14-18 at FNC – See OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Can I just say I kind of love how no one is talking about Reinhart coming out of this camp? Two things:

1) Just for it to be possible for half the camp to overshadow the best forward in juniors last year, there must be some damned good players in this camp.

2) Reinhart immediately sees how high the mountain is. If he's half the kid we all think he is, that's only a good sign. He's going to have a busy two months.

EDIT: And we know that these kinds of camps don't really give you the picture of a player yet. I remember a lot of comments coming down about how Gerbe was just a whole flight above everyone else in this camp a few years back, and that only worked out so well for him.

Last edited:

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I know I already said it once, and it doesn't really mean all that much, but man... Grigorenko is on another level out there during that 3 on 3. Him and ristolainen basically just kept the puck as long as they wanted... Ristolainen is really good at protecting the puck with his body. He looked like a skilled power forward out there.

SamsonReinFart

Mar 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I know I already said it once, and it doesn't really mean all that much, but man... Grigorenko is on another level out there during that 3 on 3. Him and ristolainen basically just kept the puck as long as they wanted... Ristolainen is really good at protecting the puck with his body. He looked like a skilled power forward out there.

Oh, one other thing as well. Lemioux was acting like a huge baby. Complained about some call and was shouting in the coaches face, then when the ruling stood, he smack a puck and pouted. The crowd was laughing at him. It was really embarrassing and made me not like him at all :/

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Tim Murray: We set it up to be a battle camp. Work ethic would be rewarded. #SabresDevCamp
Bs12v6ECUAAElE7.jpg:large

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Didn't realize Max Willman was selected in his 2nd draft eligible year. He is older than Baptiste and Fasching.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Everyone knew Grigorenko was a skilled player and skilled players do well with open ice, many players look elite in practice like settings but are invisible in games. Rob Schremp and Angelo Esposito would probably thrive in this type of setting as well. I realized over the years of Dev camps that they don't always translate to game situations some players who look horrible in camp make a big impact in games and vice-versa.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
RECORD CROWDS ATTEND SABRES DEVELOPMENT CAMP
The Buffalo Sabres hosted nearly 15,000 fans at First Niagara Center this past week as the team held its annual summer development camp. The week consisted of four public on-ice practice sessions, highlighted by an intra-squad “Blue and White†scrimmage on Tuesday and a three-on-three tournament on Friday. Tuesday’s scrimmage attracted more than 8,700 fans and the entire week of camp drew record crowds for the team’s annual camp, which has been held at First Niagara Center since 2011.

“Since we moved Development Camp to the First Niagara Center three years ago, it has quickly become a signature off-season event for our fans,†said Sabres president Ted Black. “There is so much interest and excitement surrounding the Sabres prospects right now, especially with our present and future high draft picks and the moves that Tim [Murray] has made over the last five months.â€

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Everyone knew Grigorenko was a skilled player and skilled players do well with open ice, many players look elite in practice like settings but are invisible in games. Rob Schremp and Angelo Esposito would probably thrive in this type of setting as well. I realized over the years of Dev camps that they don't always translate to game situations some players who look horrible in camp make a big impact in games and vice-versa.

Some players who look great in practice can look great in games. Grigensons and Hasek are two that practice(d) hard. Some players who look great in practice, make a big impact in games.

You know who looked horrible in camp who made big impact in games? 2011 D-camp invitee Steven Beyers. He's 22 now and not playing professionally. Sabres didn't want someone who didn't work hard in practice.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Some players who look great in practice can look great in games. Grigensons and Hasek are two that practice(d) hard. Some players who look great in practice, make a big impact in games.

Oh for sure, I just try to temper expectations after camps until the season starts. We will see Grigs against men soon enough in Main Camp.

HOOats

NO DOOM NO GLOOM
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
It's officially the summer of Grigorenko.

Hey I coined that term a while ago bud :laugh:

Also, the reflexive, corny sarcasm about Reinhart being a bust shows how sensitive some people are about him. Fact is he had a disappointing showing this week among the finest collection of prospects in the league - which is fine - but the truth is he didn't look like an elite pick. We'll see, he's got a long time to show us his stuff.

Risto will win a Norris. He'll have a 60-point year.

I'm Carrier's biggest fan.

Really wanted ZG to pop Lemieux in the nose. He's not a close enough part of the family yet to pull a bunch of the **** he did.

OneBuffalo3

Jan 11, 2010
B-Lo
Some observations based on the 3v3 tourney from today:

1) Linus Ullmark is the real deal. He was consistently holding on to initial shots and made some unbelievable saves with the glove. If any of the goalies looks the part, it's him.

2) Grigorenko looked strong, big and skilled. He held the puck well and put a few of them in the back of the net. It was fun to see how excited he got when he was presented with the trophy.

3) Eric Cornel plays a permimeter style game, but has a heck of a shot.

4) Risto could do whatever he wanted today. He circled the net a few times holding off several players on the process.

5) Reinhart has a great sense for the game, but it's clear he needs to put on some muscle. He got pushed around battling for pucks.

6) Cagguila may have a shot at a contract. He's a quick player, showed some of his finishing moves.

7) Lemieux has a scary combo of speed/strength as he was quick enough to get behind the defenders and lower his shoulder and push into a scoring chance.

8) JT Compher is a heart and soul kind of guy, but he has got skill to back it up. He made an impressive move to get in alone on the goalie and made a nice deke in close to freeze the netminder and slot it home.

I know many of these updates aren't news for many of you, but today was the only day I was able to see them live. Also, the sabres 3/4th lines are going to be oozing with talent on top of heart/grit/and size.

Future is bright.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Watching Reinhart during the scrimmage and hearing the comments about how he is getting pushed around tells me he definitely needs to go back to juniors. He's not even playing against men here he will get crushed in the NHL.

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Hey I coined that term a while ago bud :laugh:

Also, the reflexive, corny sarcasm about Reinhart being a bust shows how sensitive some people are about him. Fact is he had a disappointing showing this week among the finest collection of prospects in the league - which is fine - but the truth is he didn't look like an elite pick. We'll see, he's got a long time to show us his stuff.

Risto will win a Norris. He'll have a 60-point year.

I'm Carrier's biggest fan.

Really wanted ZG to pop Lemieux in the nose. He's not a close enough part of the family yet to pull a bunch of the **** he did.

Slow down there, only Keith and EK had over 60 pts as defensemen last year.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
People are overreacting to Reinhart getting out-muscled. The camp was designed as a "battle camp" as TM put it. We all knew this was a weakness in his game. If they had a less intense camp that was based more on passing and skill, everyone would be thrilled.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Duff & Baker Development Camp Recap, Murray Presser, and Reinhart/McCabe Interviews

[nhl]628655[/nhl]
Brian Duff and Kris Baker recap the week at Development Camp.

[nhl]628652[/nhl]
Sabres GM Tim Murray speaks with the media at the conclusion of Development Camp.

[nhl]628653[/nhl]
Sam Reinhart speaks with the media at the conclusion of his first Development Camp.

[nhl]628654[/nhl]
Jake McCabe speaks with the media at the conclusion of Development Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->