2014 CBJ Offseason Thread III (All proposals, "blog" rumors, speculation in here)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So that means he has a better chance of being a 3rd pairing guy than last year when he had a higher ceiling but less of a chance of hitting it?

I think their system is goofy.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So that means he has a better chance of being a 3rd pairing guy than last year when he had a higher ceiling but less of a chance of hitting it?

I think their system is goofy.

I think its a good rating system, its just arbitrarily implemented. I'm guessing they don't have the staff time to extensively debate our prospects as much as we do.

And for what its worth I still think Erixon has top 4 upside, even at his age. To me, a 6.0B is Dalton Prout - definitely already a third pair guy, because he's a beast, but doesn't have the smarts to be anything more than that. Erixon is right up there with Ryan Murray in smarts, but doesn't have the physique yet to play shutdown, so nothing is definite with him.

Sorry, I can't see any world where Dansk is #3 on the cbj prospect list. The top 10 seems reasonable otherwise.

HF is slower than we are to digest new information. (such as Dansk's last two years of hockey). Their lists look like ours but one year out of date.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

"That shot. My god, that shot."

Great analysis...

From the Gibbons preview:

"He had 2-1-3, plus-2, in eight games, but missed parts of both series (Pittsburgh vs. Columbus and New York vs. Columbus)."

Wait, the CBJ played the Rangers in the playoffs?

"...while fourth-liners Jared Boll and Mark Letestu seem to be entrenched because they have one-way deals."

Pretty sure contract isn't going to dictate the lineup, considering we've seen Boll a healthy scratch many times in the past (and that was when the competition wasn't as deep as it's expected to be this year).

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
so for a while I've been thinking our top 6 should be

Jenner/Joey/Horton
Hartnell/Arty/Foligno

but for the past little while I've been thinking about flipping Hartnell and Jenner.. which do you guys think would be better?

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
so for a while I've been thinking our top 6 should be

Jenner/Joey/Horton
Hartnell/Arty/Foligno

but for the past little while I've been thinking about flipping Hartnell and Jenner.. which do you guys think would be better?

IMO I think we should space out the size just a bit. Our top 6 would be HUGE while we lost quite a bit of size in the bottom 6. I would maybe put Cam in the top 6 in hopes he can maximize his offensive output. Maybe Foligno put on a third line with Dubi and Wennberg? (Im assuming he makes the team from camp)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
IMO I think we should space out the size just a bit. Our top 6 would be HUGE while we lost quite a bit of size in the bottom 6. I would maybe put Cam in the top 6 in hopes he can maximize his offensive output. Maybe Foligno put on a third line with Dubi and Wennberg? (Im assuming he makes the team from camp)

I say stay with what won us games last year and start tinkering if ts not working. Id have Horton on Joeys RW for offensive potential but if it doesnt work then move Foligno back. Then give Jenner his shot and if he looks out of place move Hartnell up.

Jenner-Johansen-Horton
Calvert-Dubi-Atkinson
Hartnell-Anisimov-Foligno
Letestu and whoever else plays their way onto the line

I also want to see Anisimov with more skilled players because theres some more offense there that I dont think we've seen yet

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't forget Hjalmarsson. :sarcasm:

Seriously though I could actually see Wennberg and Hjalmarsson playing well together centered by Anisimov

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
From The Hockey Writers blog,

Potential breakout rookies:

Columbus Blue Jackets

Best Bet: Alexander Wennberg, F — Not sure if there’s room for any new kids in Columbus’s forward ranks, but Wennberg could force his way onto the roster. Marko Dano might also be in the mix, but neither would be hurt by some AHL seasoning as they adjust to the North American game.

Honourable Mention: Jerry D’Amigo, F — He’s getting a change of scenery from Toronto, but ice time won’t come any easier in Columbus as he’ll be in a battle to crack the Blue Jackets as a fourth-liner or extra forward.

Long Shot: Simon Hjalmarsson, F — He’ll also be in that battle, having been signed as a free agent this summer after putting up more than a point-per-game in the Swedish league in 2013-14. Jarmo Kekalainen is quite the talent hawk, so Hjalmarsson could be a pleasant surprise in 2014-15.

http://thehockeywriters.com/thws-big-list-of-rookie-sleeper-candidates/

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I tell you what guys and gals, I have never looked forward so much to going to...................wait for it........................PRE-SEASON games! I still find it offensive that I have to pay regular season ticket prices for them, but I am so looking forward to watching all these battles for spots here in a few weeks.

There are so many guys I want to watch closely that I don't think I will be able to get a good read on all of them.

I can't fricking wait for Sept 21st!!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i guess Koivu won't be at camp after all now

SiriusXM NHL Network ‏@SiriusXMNHL 17m
Saku Koivu officially announces his retirement from the @NHL today after 18 seasons

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With all the talent we have at the NHL level that has created competition at every spot in Columbus, it is amazing how many quality guys we have in the system below the NHL. This is becoming a very deep and talented franchise.

thebus2288*

Its also pretty amazing how long ago 2011-12 was and just how bad that year actually was. The team and how they played weren't quite as bad as the standings showed, but if I remember right it was 1 of those years where everything that could go wrong, on or off the ice, did. Its also pretty wild to see other teams fans perception of the team change so quick on here.

Actually looking over the roster, maybe they WERE that bad. The top 6 point getters from that year are all with different teams or out of hockey. And actually only 12 out of 38 skaters that played any time with the team that year are still in the organization. All 4 goalies are gone.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Its also pretty amazing how long ago 2011-12 was and just how bad that year actually was. The team and how they played weren't quite as bad as the standings showed, but if I remember right it was 1 of those years where everything that could go wrong, on or off the ice, did. Its also pretty wild to see other teams fans perception of the team change so quick on here.

Actually looking over the roster, maybe they WERE that bad. The top 6 point getters from that year are all with different teams or out of hockey. And actually only 12 out of 38 skaters that played any time with the team that year are still in the organization. All 4 goalies are gone.

Those were dark days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->