2014 CBJ Offseason Thread III (All proposals, "blog" rumors, speculation in here)

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Withdrawn. I was right in the first post. Not enough accrued seasons. He needs 3 years of pro hockey, he only has 2.

Last edited:

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I read a post on the main.

Same situation for both players: They burned a year of their ELC in their respective first years without playing the requisite number of games. Krug only played a handful of regular-season games in his first couple of years, Smith only played 3 in his first contract year with the Stars.

So - Yes - their ELC's are running out... in MOST cases they would be open to offer sheets. But in this case neither has played in enough NHL games to allow it

Maybe so.
Thanks!

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I know there is going to be a second part coming tomorrow for the BTB video series, but I was very underwhelmed by the video released today. Its 3 minutes of basically nothing besides showing them running on a track. THREE MINUTES!

I wish it was a full half hour feature or something like the Bruin's "Behind the B", or Minnesota's "Becoming Wild".

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I know there is going to be a second part coming tomorrow for the BTB video series, but I was very underwhelmed by the video released today. Its 3 minutes of basically nothing besides showing them running on a track. THREE MINUTES!

I wish it was a full half hour feature or something like the Bruin's "Behind the B", or Minnesota's "Becoming Wild".

Was just about to post this. Completely sucked compared to last years.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
So, we're about a month away from training camp and still no Johansen signing?

How much of a setback is a holdout? Are we still a playoff team if say, he signs October 20th?

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

How much of a setback is a holdout? Are we still a playoff team if say, he signs October 20th?

Don't know, but the door would definitely open wider for Wennberg and Dano to try and grab a spot.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

\

The Rangers overcame Stepan's holdout last year but it wasn't easy. They got off to a terrible start as did Stepan.

Based on the Jackets historically poor starts, I sure as heck hope he is signed prior to camp

IHeartZherdev*

Don't know, but the door would definitely open wider for Wennberg and Dano to try and grab a spot.

Do we even need a me-first mercenary diva like Johansson when we have a surefire stud like wennberg on deck?

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
\

The Rangers overcame Stepan's holdout last year but it wasn't easy. They got off to a terrible start as did Stepan.

Based on the Jackets historically poor starts, I sure as heck hope he is signed prior to camp

Not a great comparison because the Rangers played like the first month of the season on the road due to renovations at the Garden.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

I watched the trailer that was linked to earlier in the thread. It seemed to be almost exclusively about Wennberg's time in We Are Devo camp. Hey, I love the Jackets, but I don't need fluff pieces like that :sarcasm:

seriously though, that is not compelling viewing (if the trailer is representative of the entire production)

spintheblackcircle

Incoming!
Mar 1, 2002

I think the Jackets are winning the division.

/throws down gauntlet.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Question.

What happened to the Sunday Hockey show on 97.1 that used to be on at 1100? Did it move or was it just cancelled? I listen to Dave Maetzold's Hockey hour (which is never really an hour) on AM 610 at 1000, but am not sure what happened to the 97.1 show. I don't think they have it on AM 1460 at that time either.

*Edit*

There is nothing about it on their website, but maybe it is only on during the season. Just curious.

letsgojackets

Feb 2, 2005
Question.

What happened to the Sunday Hockey show on 97.1 that used to be on at 1100? Did it move or was it just cancelled? I listen to Dave Maetzold's Hockey hour (which is never really an hour) on AM 610 at 1000, but am not sure what happened to the 97.1 show. I don't think they have it on AM 1460 at that time either.

*Edit*

There is nothing about it on their website, but maybe it is only on during the season. Just curious.

I think it has moved and is on Weds nights during the season with Bob M. and Shelley.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009

I think it gets settled. And yes, I think this is a playoff team with RJ19, even if he signs late. This team now has sufficient depth.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
From Porty's post:

If I were a Vegas bookie instead of a Columbus foodie, I'd set the over-under on Johansen's annual term at $5.25 million. So, two years, $10.5 million. Quite the bridge. You want the over or the under?

I'll take the over at 5.5.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Again, Portzline comes off as a guy who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. His act is getting extremely old.

:huh:

I don't get the Porty hate. I thought this was a good article. Not exactly sure what Porty could write that would make people happy.

:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->