2014-2015 WHL Regular season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Congratulations PG fans! :)

Watched the post game at the CN after the game...there were as many fans watching it that usually attend the games. All this city needed was a new owner and a team that can compete.

Big bold on the new owner part.

Hordichuk_24

Dont think this one will be close. Tri will win one of the first two, but then kelowna will win 3 straight. 4-1 series

It shouldn't be close. But something seems off with Kelowna. If they don't fix whatever that might be they are beatable. They should be a lot better than what they've shown the last few weeks. Part of it defense, specifically puck management but some of it seems psychological.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
It shouldn't be close. But something seems off with Kelowna. If they don't fix whatever that might be they are beatable. They should be a lot better than what they've shown the last few weeks. Part of it defense, specifically puck management but some of it seems psychological.

I could see them losing their first game, just not sure if they can flick that switch right away.

Hordichuk_24

I could see them losing their first game, just not sure if they can flick that switch right away.

It wouldn't shock me. Comrie is more than capable of stealing a game or two. But Tri-City as a whole isn't a very good team. So if they have any chance it's mainly on Comrie's shoulders.

I wasn't really talking about Kelowna and their match up with Tri-City. I don't mean to completely overlook them but I don't consider them a real threat. I was just speaking in general about Kelowna. A few months ago I felt pretty sure about them making the finals. Now I'm a little less convinced. Something appears off. Hard to pinpoint what it is exactly but it's there. For their sake hopefully they can figure it out soon before it's too late.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
It wouldn't shock me. Comrie is more than capable of stealing a game or two. But Tri-City as a whole isn't a very good team. So if they have any chance it's mainly on Comrie's shoulders.

I wasn't really talking about Kelowna and their match up with Tri-City. I don't mean to completely overlook them but I don't consider them a real threat. I was just speaking in general about Kelowna. A few months ago I felt pretty sure about them making the finals. Now I'm a little less convinced. Something appears off. Hard to pinpoint what it is exactly but it's there. For their sake hopefully they can figure it out soon before it's too late.

Maybe it has to do with the chemistry in the room? Some ppl were worried when they made those trades, trading away some character guys.

arsmaster*

Could be. That would be a logical answer. They have some injuries as well. But it's hard to pinpoint. They don't look as strong now as they did over a month ago. That much is very clear in my opinion.

Too many chiefs not enough indians.

They looked better (on the ice) before the trades for sure.

Hordichuk_24

Could be. I also see some flaws in their defensive zone decision making. That is ultimately where I see a potential problem. Obviously if there is a lack of chemistry that is an issue in itself. But there appears to be multiple issues. Of course all teams have issues. On paper they should still make it far. But stranger things have happened.

kiable

Dec 15, 2014

Sometimes making to many moves can really mess things up. Look at Saskatoon a couple years back and this year Med Hat.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
They're entertaining to watch, you should check them out next year! I'm also curious...maybe something is up there because I don't believe he has committed yet, and don't believe anything is on the horizon that I have heard of from media or from players on the team (I'm friends with a good chunk of them).

Perhaps they've swayed him to join them?

So, this happened last week. Wonder how his game will adapt in the WHL

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Pats win a great hockey game 3-2.

I think I heard it was their first 2nd round win since 1989. Congrats to em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->