Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals VIII - The Road to Tradelemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Well with Kane gone to Buffalo, are we going to go right back to talking about Hall or Eberle becoming Senators or are we going to fins someone else for the short term?:sarcasm:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well with Kane gone to Buffalo, are we going to go right back to talking about Hall or Eberle becoming Senators or are we going to fins someone else for the short term?:sarcasm:

Karlsson with salary retained at 50% and Methot for Eberle, Hall and Edms 1 rnd pick :sarcasm:

There we go, blockbuster trade.

We then sign Sekera and Green in the offseason, and we've got ourselves a contender (and about 25 mil more in salary on the books). We'll have to shed some deadwieght to make it all fit in, but I think this is clearly what whoever the incoming GM is will be looking to do

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Cant see them moving MacArthur he was just extended close with Bobby and actually can contribute while working hard as a veteran presence he should have got the C.

With the amount of money and time invested in Cowen I don't think he is moving. Im sure they would move him if someone wanted to give something of value for him but that's not happening.

I don't like Lehners attitude at all, his sense of entitlement much like Cowens is a big part of his problem so I don't think moving a guy like Anderson is a good idea.

Everyone else can go.

I was really disappointed when Methot didn't step up on Ovechkin when he ran EK. I think they should re sign him but if someone offers a 1st plus they have to listen to the offer. Even though I think it would put the sens in the lottery next season too, which long term might be the best thing for the team.

I really hope this team can manage to get into the top 5 of the draft this year.

Keeping and hanging on to some of these guys is not going to be beneficial to our future if there's a value out there a draft pick in the first round or a second round pick and a prospect you have to take a serious look at it . This team is a bottom three team in the league right now possibly at best bottom five So changes have to be made to this organization we desperately need a complete cleanse from Ownership to Coaches to Players

Keep building around Karlsson Ryan Turris Lazar Zibanejad Stone Lehner who are all pieces in the right direction that in time will mature we also need to keep building via the draft Top 5 picks and collecting enough valuable assets to make deals for players that are ready

We are not doing any favors by holding onto guys for loyalty reasons and extending contracts for loyalty reasons

Hockey is a business and Melynk and Murray are driving this team into foreclosure

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
So it sounds like Phillips and Neil aren't going anywhere.

So, if Phillips and Neil want to stay with Ottawa, does that mean the team cannot trade them? I don't think that is smart player management, given the situation this team is in and the need to get better in the future.

Why would keeping them be a smart thing to do, if they could be traded for a couple of second or third round draft picks or decent prospects? I don't see any compelling reason to keep them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Keeping and hanging on to some of these guys is not going to be beneficial to our future if there's a value out there a draft pick in the first round or a second round pick and a prospect you have to take a serious look at it . This team is a bottom three team in the league right now possibly at best bottom five So changes have to be made to this organization we desperately need a complete cleanse from Ownership to Coaches to Players

Keep building around Karlsson Ryan Turris Lazar Zibanejad Stone Lehner who are all pieces in the right direction that in time will mature we also need to keep building via the draft Top 5 picks and collecting enough valuable assets to make deals for players that are ready

We are not doing any favors by holding onto guys for loyalty reasons and extending contracts for loyalty reasons

Hockey is a business and Melynk and Murray are driving this team into foreclosure

I don't disagree about the direction, they should be building around the core. However extending players then trading them does not instill confidence in the organization, this has to be taken into consideration. Players like job security. You have to manage your assets and if an asset is a player that the core clearly likes (Ryan, Turris, Karlsson) and is a good influence those are not the players you just simply get rid of. NHL hockey teams need balance no matter what the state of the team rebuilding, contending whatever. Look at Edmonton no real good veteran leadership around the young stars and its a debacle.

You can say get rid of this guy or that guy but some are untradeable.

Right now moving Anderson and going with a hot head like Lehner is not the way to develop the talent on the team or Lehner. Lehner has a poisonous attitude, Anderson is a great back bone of a team that allows the players to play there game take risks and make mistakes while developing.

If there is a market for guys like Phillips, Neil, Legwand and Michalek then move them I just don't think there is.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I see that trade blowing up in Buffalo's face. They have a really young team.....adding Kane to that with his toxic attitude is a recipe for disaster.

Huge risk. Glad we didn't do it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I see that trade blowing up in Buffalo's face. They have a really young team.....adding Kane to that with his toxic attitude is a recipe for disaster.

Huge risk. Glad we didn't do it.

I think the ability for someone with a bad attitude to affect other people's play/attitude or anything else is overblown. These are men. Chances are throughout their careers they've seen every single type of attitude you can imagine in their locker rooms.
It's not like Kane is going to come in and get reinhardt an mcdavid to do bad things lol.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Right now moving Anderson and going with a hot head like Lehner is not the way to develop the talent on the team or Lehner. Lehner has a poisonous attitude, Anderson is a great back bone of a team that allows the players to play there game take risks and make mistakes while developing.

If there is a market for guys like Phillips, Neil, Legwand and Michalek then move them I just don't think there is.

I really don't get people saying that. Did Patrick Roy have a poisonous attitude? because he was the best goalie in the league (arguably with Brodeur) and some people call that ''poisonous'' attitude ''leadership''. I look at some of the best goalies in the league in Rask who was well known to break a fuse and at Price who I've seen break sticks too. This is not to compare the players themselves but when a team is constantly loosing and a player has a hard time playing like he should, then I think it is perfectly normal that some frustration is shown. Lehner is a fierce competitor and he's his hardest critic. He should play better and he knows it. I wouldn't call Lehner's attitude poisonous whatsoever, to be honest I really like when a player shows some emotion and passion when things aren't right. Look at a guy like Kessel, this guy is getting paid and doesn't produce at all and when asked about performance he shows no emotions, looks like he doesn't care and no signs that he'll work harder either.

I'm not debating the fact that we should or shouldn't trade Anderson, but talking about Lehner, he's knows he has to do better, he knows he's got what it takes to be a great goalie in this league, he knows he has to work hard. The results have not been there this season and that has to be frustrating and I can say that if I we're the one to be playing bad hockey, I'd be showing some frustration too.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I really don't get people saying that. Did Patrick Roy have a poisonous attitude? because he was the best goalie in the league (arguably with Brodeur) and some people call that ''poisonous'' attitude ''leadership''. I look at some of the best goalies in the league in Rask who was well known to break a fuse and at Price who I've seen break sticks too. This is not to compare the players themselves but when a team is constantly loosing and a player has a hard time playing like he should, then I think it is perfectly normal that some frustration is shown. Lehner is a fierce competitor and he's his hardest critic. He should play better and he knows it. I wouldn't call Lehner's attitude poisonous whatsoever, to be honest I really like when a player shows some emotion and passion when things aren't right. Look at a guy like Kessel, this guy is getting paid and doesn't produce at all and when asked about performance he shows no emotions, looks like he doesn't care and no signs that he'll work harder either.

I'm not debating the fact that we should or shouldn't trade Anderson, but talking about Lehner, he's knows he has to do better, he knows he's got what it takes to be a great goalie in this league, he knows he has to work hard. The results have not been there this season and that has to be frustrating and I can say that if I we're the one to be playing bad hockey, I'd be showing some frustration too.

If Lehner played like P. Roy or Rask no one would be questioning anything but he doesn't. Everyone heard when he was upset about the Bishop trade or that he wasnt in the league yet and rumblings he was surprised that Anderson got extended. What has he ever done to prove he is a starter? Whats with this sense of entitlement.

You can be as cocky as you want if you walk the walk. I see a guy off his angles, that has horrendous rebound control and stairs down his teammates when he gets scored on.

This new generation of players doesn't seem to want to put in the time to earn it. Just look at Evander Kane.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
enroth not much value. what would you give from ottawa for him? he's a ufa. They can always bring him back.
what they likely do know about enroth is that he's not their future #1, so...

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
enroth not much value. what would you give from ottawa for him? he's a ufa. They can always bring him back.

Which rarely happens.

Dear Buffalo, I hope you enjoy a cavalcade of goalies that aren't very good while T. Murray tries to find a starter.

Neurvith is not good. Lindback is even worse. The market for FA goalies this summer is awful.

You create a culture of losing and you'll never get your players out from it. Buffalo is on its way to being Edmonton East because outright losing like this over this season and next is no way to develop a team.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It's been one season of "outright losing"...

TM isn't dumb. Watch how it's done. He must be having a blast. Basically a GMs dream to have the job TM was offered.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Huh. Kane went for more than the equivalent of Michalek and a second.

I think Wpg came out well in this deal, and it also served Buffalo's needs. Assuming Buffalo will draft either McDavid or Eichel they now have a quality young winger to play with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad