Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals VII - and a title to be named later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I honestly think Murray is after Eberle. It just makes more sense to speculate on hall because hes a LW and a lw fits better into our line up without any adjustments. Ryan has played quite a bit of LW in the past and even played a bit there last year. It would make sense to me to acquire Eberle for a price below hall's and move Ryan to LW.

I'm not that keen to seperate hoff and ryan myself. I think Ryan has been a great influence on Hoff and there skill sets work well together.

Hall-Zibby-Ryan
hoff/mac-Turris-Stone

Ryan-Zibby-eberle
Mac/hoff-Turris-Stone

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think targetting Eberle over Hall makes a lot of sense in that it wouldn't cost as much

I remember talking to a lot of reporters/scouts who were in town for the WJC in 2009 (I worked in a russian bar back then) and there was a lot of talk about how awful of an attitude he had, it just kept coming back because of the comeback against Russia

Obviously that was a long time ago now but I'd be lying if I didn't say it's something that I'd be having reservations over

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
I honestly think Murray is after Eberle. It just makes more sense to speculate on hall because hes a LW and a lw fits better into our line up without any adjustments. Ryan has played quite a bit of LW in the past and even played a bit there last year. It would make sense to me to acquire Eberle for a price below hall's and move Ryan to LW.

I'm not that keen to seperate hoff and ryan myself. I think Ryan has been a great influence on Hoff and there skill sets work well together.

Hall-Zibby-Ryan
hoff/mac-Turris-Stone

Ryan-Zibby-eberle
Mac/hoff-Turris-Stone

Eberle would definitely cost a lot less and would probably fit better in the room, you never know what's true and what's not but some of the rumors of Hall being a selfish player are a little concerning since we have such a young team.

How awesome would Eberle be in the building where he scored the biggest goal of his career?

Ryan-Zibanejad-Eberle
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Chiasson

If we lose one of Hoffman/Stone/Chiasson then we could fill the spot with Prince or Puempel.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I think targetting Eberle over Hall makes a lot of sense in that it wouldn't cost as much

I remember talking to a lot of reporters/scouts who were in town for the WJC in 2009 (I worked in a russian bar back then) and there was a lot of talk about how awful of an attitude he had, it just kept coming back because of the comeback against Russia

Obviously that was a long time ago now but I'd be lying if I didn't say it's something that I'd be having reservations over

Well its rumored Murray wants a young forward. We have a choice between Hall(cocky), eberle (cocky) or Yakupov (mentally fragile who has no confidence). Under ideal circumstance its RNH but i dont see edmonton moving him under any circumstances.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Well its rumored Murray wants a young forward. We have a choice between Hall(cocky), eberle (cocky) or Yakupov (mentally fragile who has no confidence). Under ideal circumstance its RNH but i dont see edmonton moving him under any circumstances.

If we still had Gonchar I would be perfectly okay with us taking a risk on Yakupov, but without a mature Russian presence I feel like he wouldn't play up to his potential.

I see Yak becoming a star in Montreal though.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'd risk no more then a second for Yak.

When you fail when given a chance with RNH
When you fail when given ample pp time
When you fail when given free reign to shoot as much you want
When you fail when given the best opportunities to score
I dont want you on the sens

When you are largely considered one of the worst defensive players in the league
When you are called mentality fragile by you're own fanbase who wants you to desperately succeed
When you miss the net and wiff on shots beyond what should be expected as a nhl top 6 talent
I dont want you on the sens

When the only argument oiler fans can say to refute all this is Eakins was mean and hurt his feelings...I dont want you on the sens espiecially after hearing in every second Eakins interview that he believes in Yak. Watching that eakins presser when he was fired gives no doubt in my mind that he was saying all the right things to try to motivate yak and constantly telling him he has what it takes. Yak in my mind had no confidence because whenever he stepped on the ice the puck would end up in his net. Not because Eakins.

Eakins was a terrible coach but i think people are to quick to blame Eakins for his failures

Lets not pretend Yak didnt have other russian around him either. Nikitin and Belov were both there and im sure there was a few others. Oiler fans say Yak is also been mentored by Hendricks so the lack of vets isnt a good excuse either in my mind.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I could see it being Eberle to play RW on the top line. I think they want another game breaker on that line and would prefer Stone to ripen on the 3rd/move up when needed. Can't see them replacing Hoffman considering he's our leading scorer and meshing with our highest paid player and I doubt Mac ends up on the 3rd line.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
July 4 2013

Tyler Seguin
Rich Peverley
and Ryan Button

for

Louie Eriksson
Reilly Smith
Joe Morrow
and Matt Fraser

---------------------------

Taylor Hall
Teddy Purcell
and Viktor Fasth

for

Robin Lehner
Alex Chiasson
Milan Michalek/David Legwand
Patrick Wiercioch
and 2015 1st

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Under no circumstances should we trade that 2015 first round pick until after draft order and lotto has been set. The possibility of giving up McDavid ++ for a soft little winger like Eberle, or a guy like Hall would make us the laughing stock of the league for a decade.

Imagine if the Pens made a desperation trade and ended up watching Crosby go to someone else? Chances are the Pens would be playing in a different city right now if that happened.

If we're going to pick up anyone from Edmonton, it better be a buy low situation. All those guys have been in a terrible situation where the kids haven't developed past their junior game. There is a pretty big risk these guys will not duplicate their Edmonton stats with us.

It's just too risky. I'd rather hold on to our guys and let them grow and develop together as a team.

I'd rather make smaller trade(s). Move guys like Greening, Smith, maybe a mid-tier prospect for a player or pick.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I agree... under no circumstances do you move the first. Especially when were around number 1 center and number 1 LHD territory. Hall and Eberle are icing on the cake. A number 1 center and number 1 LHD are core pieces we desperately need.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Under no circumstances should we trade that 2015 first round pick until after draft order and lotto has been set. The possibility of giving up McDavid ++ for a soft little winger like Eberle, or a guy like Hall would make us the laughing stock of the league for a decade.

Imagine if the Pens made a desperation trade and ended up watching Crosby go to someone else? Chances are the Pens would be playing in a different city right now if that happened.

If we're going to pick up anyone from Edmonton, it better be a buy low situation. All those guys have been in a terrible situation where the kids haven't developed past their junior game. There is a pretty big risk these guys will not duplicate their Edmonton stats with us.

It's just too risky. I'd rather hold on to our guys and let them grow and develop together as a team.

I'd rather make smaller trade(s). Move guys like Greening, Smith, maybe a mid-tier prospect for a player or pick.

Hate to say it but one guy we can't give away and the other is still not recovered from a major injury.

We don't have to break the bank for a superstar like Hall, but we aren't getting anything for these scrubs.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Hate to say it but one guy we can't give away and the other is still not recovered from a major injury.

We don't have to break the bank for a superstar like Hall, but we aren't getting anything for these scrubs.

Oh, I'm not suggesting we'd get anything great with guys like Greening or Smith. I'd just rather leave the core and good complementary pieces intact. Let the team grow. If we have to move some bodies, let it be the Greenings and Smiths....getting a mid-round pick is good enough to open up some room.

We can save the Hall type trades for a few years, when we only need one more piece to hit contender status.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Oh, I'm not suggesting we'd get anything great with guys like Greening or Smith. I'd just rather leave the core and good complementary pieces intact. Let the team grow. If we have to move some bodies, let it be the Greenings and Smiths....getting a mid-round pick is good enough to open up some room.

We can save the Hall type trades for a few years, when we only need one more piece to hit contender status.

I'm with you, I was only pointing out that we wont even be getting a mid round pick for Greening, at this point it looks like a buyout this summer is the only option. Smith might be able to be moved once healthy though.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
a top 6 forward isn't really what the team needs. Nor is running with a mid thirties goalie when you are a bottom feeder.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Under no circumstances should we trade that 2015 first round pick until after draft order and lotto has been set. ....

This should be written in stone - as long as its not Mark Stone.

I can see us needing a package that would include Lehner and another top prospect (Cowen, Zibanejad type) plus a Guptill type for a Hall/Fasth. I'm hoping the No1 this and next year are not required. I would not include Lazar, Hoffman or Stone. We are building, not status quo

Lehner, Cowen, Guptill/Dziurzynski is a pretty solid package for one guy and a thrown in. If not, pass on Hall and keep building from within.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Lehner, Cowen, Guptill/Dziurzynski is a pretty solid package for one guy and a thrown in. If not, pass on Hall and keep building from within.

Just curious: Why do you include Guptill/Dziurzynski? They have zero value.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
This should be written in stone - as long as its not Mark Stone.

I can see us needing a package that would include Lehner and another top prospect (Cowen, Zibanejad type) plus a Guptill type for a Hall/Fasth. I'm hoping the No1 this and next year are not required. I would not include Lazar, Hoffman or Stone. We are building, not status quo

Agreed, there is no way we should trade our 1st in 2015. Here is a list of players I believe we should keep and allow to develop.

Hoffman
Stone
Cowen
Lazar
Ceci
Lehner

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I'd be shocked if Murray traded our 2015 #1 or Lazar. Murray thinks Lazar will be a star - has recently said so - and you just don't trade guys you think will be stars. The #1 will be a lottery pick with a franchise player waiting the winner of the draft - you don't give up that type of lottery ticket.

Either way, I hate it when we get rumors regarding Oliers players. Their fans are the absolute WORST on HFB when it comes to trade talks.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Wait who had be bad attitude. Hall it eberle

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Just curious: Why do the Stars include Guptill in the Spezza trade?

Because he was an intriguing player who looked like he might just need a change of scenery. He already had very low value when the Stars traded him, so 8 pts in 29 games in the AHL this season brings that low value to nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad