Rumor: 2014/2015 Season Trade Rumours and Proposals Episode VI - The Tradening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Must be some sort of irrational fan bias I'm feeling but I don't want anything to do with Edmonton's first liners.

I don't have any good stats or arguments to back up this statement. I just can't stand any of them.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
They want a centre, they want to get better defensively, they want to get better in nets and they could use some puck movement from the back end

I'm not saying it's a slamdunk, I'm saying it's a starting point

It's simply too low. I was on the Oilers board (and obviously their fans don't run the team) but some would consider Lehner Lazar and the 1st. A few posters were more interested in getting a replacement LW for Hall. Too bad Mac has the no trade. But they really are asking for the moon:
Lazar+Lehner+1st falls under the "not even close" category.

So Lazar+Lehner+1st? Add Turris and we can start talking. And I'm not even remotely joking. Taylor Hall isn't getting traded for prospects, picks and projects.

Would anyone do Lehner, Cowen and a 2nd for Eberle? Seems like that caught the ear of a few over there.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Must be some sort of irrational fan bias I'm feeling but I don't want anything to do with Edmonton's first liners.

I don't have any good stats or arguments to back up this statement. I just can't stand any of them.

At least you're honest. That's completely irrational. I'm completely baffled by some of these posts, I guess people here just haven't seen enough Edmonton games. Hall is one of the best players in the league, if we can get him for Lehner, Lazar + then we should do it and never look back.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its basically a Joe Thornton situation.

Hall not playing the way management wants him to. Bruins trying to force Thornton to play a certain way.

GM looking to make a trade just for the sake of change.
Would anyone do Lehner, Cowen and a 2nd for Eberle? Seems like that caught the ear of a few over there.

Oiler fans make Leaf fans look knowledgeable when it comes to trading.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Hall would be outstanding man. Literally the perfect piece left for Sens to be a top flight team(and Zibanejad progressing)

Having Hall/Ryan/Hoffman/MacArthur/Stone/Chiasson as your top 9 wingers is spectacular.

Trading Lazar would suck like crazy cause he's the type of players you win cups with but I think Ottawa has the heart depth in guys like Mac, Stone, Pageau to compensate for it.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Murray keeps Lazar and deals: Stone/Hoffman+Lehner+1st

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Oiler fans make Leaf fans look knowledgeable when it comes to trading.

So it's not just me then. I know how fans over value their players as it happens a lot on our own boards, but looking at the responses from some on the Oilers side thinking they could get all of Lehner, Ceci, Lazar and a high pick for Hall seemed a little too far fetched.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What we truly need is a #1 center. RNH should be targeted first if we deal with Edmonton. Turris isn't the right guy to center guys like Eberle and Hall. Neither is Zibby.

Not sure we have the assets necessary to get the Nuge though.

Oct 31, 2011
Ottawa
Hall would be outstanding man. Literally the perfect piece left for Sens to be a top flight team(and Zibanejad progressing)

Having Hall/Ryan/Hoffman/MacArthur/Stone/Chiasson as your top 9 wingers is spectacular.

Trading Lazar would suck like crazy cause he's the type of players you win cups with but I think Ottawa has the heart depth in guys like Mac, Stone, Pageau to compensate for it.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Murray keeps Lazar and deals: Stone/Hoffman+Lehner+1st

If Hoffman is traded I'll be extremely sad, love his play and team spirit. It's what we need.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What we truly need is a #1 center. RNH should be targeted first if we deal with Edmonton. Turris isn't the right guy to center guys like Eberle and Hall. Neither is Zibby.

You dont need a true 70+ point center if you got a winger like Hall imo. Just play him with a good defensive, good at faceoffs and at least a 50 point center and we're fine.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol "spawn" said the oilers aren't doing picks and projects ....

They just traded perron for a first. That team is ONLY doing projects. Not to mention they're about to draft first overall again. I

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Yea, I'd 100% try to target RNH.

They're getting McEichel so I unno what else dey want, lols. I'd even try nd get Draisatil, he's gonna be a beauty.

With that being said, Having Hall/Ryan/Hoffman/Stone/MacArthur the centers don't need to be spectacular for this team to be a contender. Similar to Boston.

Hall-Zibanejad-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Chiasson

Hall-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zibby-Ryan
MacArthur-Pageau-Chiasson

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So it's not just me then. I know how fans over value their players as it happens a lot on our own boards, but looking at the responses from some on the Oilers side thinking they could get all of Lehner, Ceci, Lazar and a high pick for Hall seemed a little too far fetched.

Yeah thats just crazy. As awesome as hall is, thats a potential starter, top 4 defenseman and top 6 forward plus an early first in a deep draft for a top line winger.

Anyone who trades that for Hall is insane.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Everyone overvalues their players. Just look at that Dallas trade for a defenseman thread on the main boards. Full of Leaf fans overvaluing Phaneuf.

It is why i don't take the trade board seriously and is why i generally stay away from threads that have to do with Ottawa. I haven't even stepped foot into that hall to sens thread on the main board being that i already know what is going on it it without even looking.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I dono why they wouldn't look to trade the Nuge. They're probably gonna be in the Austin matthews sweepstakes next year as well.

Maybe they want to go.
Mcdavid-RNH-matthews-draisaitl down the middle for the next 15 years. Ugh what a pathetic organization

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Everyone overvalues their players. Just look at that Dallas trade for a defenseman thread on the main boards. Full of Leaf fans overvaluing Phaneuf.

It is why i don't take the trade board seriously and is why i generally stay away from threads that have to do with Ottawa. I haven't even stepped foot into that hall to sens thread on the main board being that i already know what is going on it it without even looking.

Everyone thinks they know what the value is of their players when they don't. Only the gm and his staff knows what the value is of their players.

I didn't even see that thread on the main boards. Just looked and it's basically what I seen so far from the Edmonton boards. Just a lot more misinformed posters who hasn't followed the players they are packaging up.

The Jangle Meister*

If there is any possible way of trading for Hall without moving Lazar id do it. Lehner Chiasson and 1st as the three main pieces is what I would do. Can add to that. Need to get rid of Greening and Legwand and others.

Trade for Hall and pick up Richards for next season:

Hall-Zibby-Ryan
Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Richards-Lazar
Paul-Pageau-Neil

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
If there is any possible way of trading for Hall without moving Lazar id do it. Lehner Chiasson and 1st as the three main pieces is what I would do. Can add to that. Need to get rid of Greening and Legwand and others.

Trade for Hall and pick up Richards for next season:

Hall-Zibby-Ryan
Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Richards-Lazar
Paul-Pageau-Neil

Add Michalek in there. Unless we buy him out I doubt we pay him 4M to sit.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
You dont need a true 70+ point center if you got a winger like Hall imo. Just play him with a good defensive, good at faceoffs and at least a 50 point center and we're fine.

Playing Hall with 2nd liners is like playing EK with Cowen. You need your elite players to play with other players of the same caliber, otherwise it seems wasteful to limit their talent and potential.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Playing Hall with 2nd liners is like playing EK with Cowen. You need your elite players to play with other players of the same caliber, otherwise it seems wasteful to limit their talent and potential.

hall is one of those players who can create on his own though. He doesnt need to rely on his teammates as much as ek or any dman relies on his partner. He would be somewhat wasted with lower end guy but it doesnt really bother me

Honestly unless we can get Hall for a similar package as Ryan replacing the first with something else i wouldnt do it. I'd rather just get eberle for a more reasonable price and move ryan back to LW. Lets hope MacT is as dumb as some people might think and Murray swindles the first time GM.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011

I don't think there's any chance of RNH being traded. Even with their goalie issues and their weak defensive group, their depth at centre might just be the biggest problem they have. For most of this year, their centre depth was RNH, Arcobello, Gordon, Draisaitl. That is garbage. Gagner wasn't a very good player but if there was any team that shouldn't have traded him away, it was them. He at least gave them a second offensive threat and probably allowed Draisaitl to go straight back to junior. Instead they end up having to trade for Derek Roy who isn't much of a player at this point in his career.

I get that they're in good position to end up with McDavid or Eichel, but that certainly doesn't make RNH expendable. I think they have him in their long term plans.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think Hoff will go if we trade for Hall. I'd be alright with it too, we have Prince waiting and Puemps also. Hoffman was nothing more than a filler before last year, it would be incredible to sell high on him and get a guy like Hall out of it. Besides, the rate rate he's scoring at is almost unsustainable but he seems to keep it going. Really wondering if Murray is entertaining the scenario sincr Prince and Puemps are coming soon.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Put me on the side of Hall being worth a big trade offer for. His defensive game certainly needs work, there have been times I've watched him that he gave very little effort in his own zone, always being the first player out of the zone looking for the quick chance at the other end. But this is Edmonton, the whole team has played a disorganized brand of hockey for the last 6-7 years now.

His offensive abilities are elite, and I wouldn't place the blame on him for his lesser stats this year, the only offensive threat up the middle for most of the year on Edmonton has been RNH, whenever he was without him, he was essentially screwed.

It's interesting to look out how much a player has an influence on his team's offense. Basically, look at how many of a team's goals is a player involved in. Since 2012-13, here are some player comparisons with Hall.

The most highly regarded scorers:
Crosby: in on 38.2% of his team's goals
Giroux: 37.1%
Getzlaf: 34.1%

The most highly regarded wingers:
Kessel: 34%
Kane: 30.7%

An Ottawa Senator:
Turris: 24.3%

Hall is at 36.4%, which means that for a 250 goal team, he'd be at 91 points [Crosby, the best percentage-wise, would be at 96 points].
If Hall was Senator, he'd be on the first powerplay, playing in all important offensive situations, I could see him becoming a 90 point type player, of which there are only a few left in the NHL today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->