Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Am I the only one who can't remember which one of Iverson + Halverson is the goalie?

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
So hes a streaky player?

Game is over, no points again for him.

eh, I only recall him going 4 or more games without a point once last season. Anyhow, I'm not going to base my judgement off a 4 game scoreless streak. The hockey sense and excellent positioning are still there, just nothing game changing, like in the first 8 games. Who knows what's going on.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Through his first two starts, Halverson has a .935 SV% and a 2.35 GAA.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Severstal with 12 penalty minutes in the 1st period in Vladivostok, only 4 minutes of action for Buchnevich.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
No points for Buchnevich again. He finished with two shots and 15:49 of ice time. This is quite the cold streak he has fallen into.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Through his first two starts, Halverson has a .935 SV% and a 2.35 GAA.

I can't believe it took you two whole games to inform us of his stats :p:

No points for Buchnevich again. He finished with two shots and 15:49 of ice time. This is quite the cold streak he has fallen into.

That icetime could be deceiving. It's a good amount, but if the quality was anything like the game I saw last week it might not be bad as you think. Last I checked he was easily the most talented player on his line and was handling the workload for the rest.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
They don't even let him shoot in the shootout, there is really 5 other players more deserving then him? Cause from his breakaway moves, I find that hard to believe.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
People should look at the bright side more. If Buchnevich's coaches are ****ing with him he'll have even less reason to want to stay there. The sooner he signs a contract with us for next year the better.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
posted this to Hartford/Greenville as a Reply but maybe it fits better here

Quote: Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I really hope Zamorsky plays in Hartford rather than going back to Finland. We'll get a much clearer picture of his development if he stays stateside.

i guess this really belongs in Prospects not Hartford/Greenville, but FYI Zamorsky seems to already be in Finland

http://www.blues.fi/component/bluesn...1?view=uutinen

the translation alludes to him being re-callable by NYR as a loaned player,
but the IIHF and NHL rules may differ

"NHL's New York Rangers organization for a 22-year-old Czech defender Petr Zámorský associated with Espoo Blues' lineup. Zámorský returned to New York to Finland on Thursday morning after spending the Rangers camp in three weeks.

" We are very pleased that we were able Zámorskýn Espoo. player of this level is a tough confirmation , "commented Espoo Blues General Manager Peter Ahola.

Zámorský is a New York Rangers player, and the Rangers have a right to be called Zámorský back to the line-up this season.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
They don't even let him shoot in the shootout, there is really 5 other players more deserving then him? Cause from his breakaway moves, I find that hard to believe.

Trubatshov had 2 attempts. Him and Kvapil can legit dangle. The rest not so much.

Too soon to be complaining about the coach, I still don't get why he broke up Buch-Kvapil, but Buch is getting a lot of starts in the offensive zone.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
posted this to Hartford/Greenville as a Reply but maybe it fits better here

Quote: Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I really hope Zamorsky plays in Hartford rather than going back to Finland. We'll get a much clearer picture of his development if he stays stateside.

i guess this really belongs in Prospects not Hartford/Greenville, but FYI Zamorsky seems to already be in Finland

http://www.blues.fi/component/bluesn...1?view=uutinen

the translation alludes to him being re-callable by NYR as a loaned player,
but the IIHF and NHL rules may differ

"NHL's New York Rangers organization for a 22-year-old Czech defender Petr Zámorský associated with Espoo Blues' lineup. Zámorský returned to New York to Finland on Thursday morning after spending the Rangers camp in three weeks.

" We are very pleased that we were able Zámorskýn Espoo. player of this level is a tough confirmation , "commented Espoo Blues General Manager Peter Ahola.

Zámorský is a New York Rangers player, and the Rangers have a right to be called Zámorský back to the line-up this season.

Nothing against this here. Finnish league is nothing to sneeze at, definitely a step or two above the Czech league. I hope he kicks some ass up there, perhaps I'll be able to catch a game or two.

Edit: Jesus, it will take some time finding my way around Liiga and Espoo's websites. No se habla ingles, and Finnish has no relation to any language I speak, so I can't even deduct some words.

Edit 2: Good find btw, cwede.

Last edited:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Zamorsky with 19:36 of ice time and a shot on goal. Only 2 players had more ice time than him. Espoo wins 3-1.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Severstal with only 4 penalty minutes in the 1st period. Buchnevich looks more involved than the last two games, getting over 6 minutes of ice time. 2nd period starting.

Buchnevich gets tripped up, doesn't get the call, out of frustration trips the Sibir player in return and gets called. Stupid stupid penalty to take. Then comes back out of the box with a vengeance, runs over a Sibir defender and puts a good shot on net.

Buchnevich has so many ways to protect the puck, it's hard to put in words. Does it with his reach, great hands, ass and body combined. No chance if only one defender comes at him.

Last edited:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Sibir btw has a fat nasty snowman as a mascot. He does the Harlem Shake to some reallly bad techno music. In addition, they have 5 half naked cheerleaders on a stage behind one of the goals, dancing to Iggy Pop (Never Met a Girl Like You Before) and Nick Cave (Red Right Hand). In some weird way, you just gotta like the Russians.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Buch going through 3 Sibir players to start the 3rd but shoots it right into Koskinen's logo. Both goalies with great games so far, 1-0 Sibir though. Koskinen stops a break away with a huge, dare I say Lundqvist-esque, save.

Riddle me this though: Why is Buchenvich out only for the last minute of a 4 minute power play? Killing a penalty now though.

Sibir now clogging up the neutral zone, will be awfully tough for Severstal to get the tying goal here. 9 minutes to go.

aaand just like that the stream dies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->