Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 10/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I thought they got a small signing bonus (I mean small relative to what the contract is worth lol)

If they negotiate a signing bonus, yes. Duclair has collected 185k in signing bonuses, but he isn't getting paid based on his NHL or AHL salary.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Shestyorkin played for his MHL team last night. He picked up the SO loss, despite stopping 52 of 55 shots in regulation and OT.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
François Parenteau @fparenteau · 2m
L'#Armada sera privé de son capitaine Daniel Walcott pendant 2-4 semaines. Fracture d'un os de la main droite #LHJMQ

Get well soon kid.

It seems like a snake-bitten week for him. He had 11 shots in three games and nothing went in.

Agreed. The reports of his play were still very good, definitely not worried.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shestyorkin played for his MHL team last night. He picked up the SO loss, despite stopping 52 of 55 shots in regulation and OT.

I don't like the fact that he got sent down to the MHL. I was hoping he'd be at least in the VHL.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

55 shots? Does he have anyone playing defense in front of him?

I don't like the fact that he got sent down to the MHL. I was hoping he'd be at least in the VHL.

What level is the MHL in comparison to NA?

KHL = NHL
VHL = AHL?
MHL = ECHL? or is it Juniors?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
What level is the MHL in comparison to NA?

KHL = NHL
VHL = AHL?
MHL = ECHL? or is it Juniors?

MHL is junior hockey in Russia.

I agree, though I'm not sure it's a "demotion" in the truest sense. He's played three games in the VHL, and three games in the MHL. He also dressed for one KHL game. I think they're probably just going to move him around the three levels all year. As long as he gets games at some level, I'm okay. Certainly regular starts at the VHL level would be best though.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
how bad is the VHL tho? cant imagine it being anywhere near the AHL in talent level.

I can't really say, since I've never seen a VHL game. I mean you look at rosters, and there aren't any NHL castoffs, so it's probably not good in general. Maybe it's ECHL-caliber?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
took a look at Nejezchleb's WHL team
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=857&order=Age
2 other 94's on roster, but Roy hasn't played a game yet
and
2 others born in Europe Bukarts played along side RN last year, while Provarov has been playing in NA for 4 years, so may not be an 'import'

adding more at 11amET - seems clear that he cant go back as 3d import

http://www.whl.ca/page/faqs

16. How many Europeans can play in the WHL?
Each WHL team is allowed up to a maximum of two non-North American players. These import players must be drafted through the Canadian Hockey League Import draft held during the summer in order to play in the WHL.

17. How many 20 year olds can a team use?
WHL teams are allowed a maximum of three overage players. Teams having more than three overage players to start the season may continue to rotate them in and out of the lineup until October 16th at which time they must select determine the three that they will keep. Other 20-year-olds become free agents for the other teams in the League. From October 16th until February 10th, teams may bring in an overage player, but, if they have three already, then they have to release one. February 10 of each year is the roster deadline and all players who are with a team on that date are there for the duration of the season.

Ivan Provorov
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=242584
Drafted 2014, round 1 #30 overall by Brandon Wheat Kings in the CHL Import Draft

Rihards Bukarts
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52418
Drafted 2013, round 1 #7 overall by Brandon Wheat Kings in the CHL Import Draft

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
took a look at Nejezchleb's WHL team
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=857&order=Age
2 other 94's on roster, but Roy hasn't played a game yet
and
2 others born in Europe Bukarts played along side RN last year, while Provarov has been playing in NA for 4 years, so may not be an 'import'

adding more at 11amET - seems clear that he cant go back as 3d import

http://www.whl.ca/page/faqs

16. How many Europeans can play in the WHL?
Each WHL team is allowed up to a maximum of two non-North American players. These import players must be drafted through the Canadian Hockey League Import draft held during the summer in order to play in the WHL.

17. How many 20 year olds can a team use?
WHL teams are allowed a maximum of three overage players. Teams having more than three overage players to start the season may continue to rotate them in and out of the lineup until October 16th at which time they must select determine the three that they will keep. Other 20-year-olds become free agents for the other teams in the League. From October 16th until February 10th, teams may bring in an overage player, but, if they have three already, then they have to release one. February 10 of each year is the roster deadline and all players who are with a team on that date are there for the duration of the season.

Ivan Provorov
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=242584
Drafted 2014, round 1 #30 overall by Brandon Wheat Kings in the CHL Import Draft

Rihards Bukarts
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52418
Drafted 2013, round 1 #7 overall by Brandon Wheat Kings in the CHL Import Draft

I do believe there's the option of his WHL team trading him to another WHL team.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah if the Rangers want him back in juniors, they can absolutely pull some strings to negotiate a move on his behalf.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
hey guys i just got a hockey streams account and i was wondering what prospects to watch and wat teams the play for?

In the first post of this thread, I have listed all of the prospects, the teams they play for, and their HF prospect grade, among other things.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I can't really say, since I've never seen a VHL game. I mean you look at rosters, and there aren't any NHL castoffs, so it's probably not good in general. Maybe it's ECHL-caliber?

I don't really know either, but I think a lot of this comes from how competetive a league really is.

There is no "up" from the VHL, no real prestigious trophy to win. The level of plays in the second tier leagues in Europe can sometimes be real high, because teams are fighting to be promoted to the top leagues and there can litterary be an element of "life and death" involved in those battles.

In those situations teams will really push themselves and make it hard for anyone to stand out.

I think in general that there is a high level of players in the VHL. I think you have more players in their "prime" than in the ECHL (including vets that really have taken care of themselves). But I don't think the league in itself really takes it to another level.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Tambellini scored a goal. That gives him two goals and an assist on the weekend (both goals came at even strength).

Iverson posted an assist. He's also already -6 somehow after three games. Plus minus is a crappy stat, but that definitely sticks out.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Buchnevich unnoticeable through the first 2 versus Khabarovsk. Small plays are there, but nothing worth noting, really. Let's hope he's breaking out of this little funk he's in soon.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
One thing those last 4 games where Buchnevich was scoreless had in common: Severstal drew far too many penalties for creating something like a rhythm. Buchnevich seemed like a player who has to get the flow of the game to be at his best.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
One thing those last 4 games where Buchnevich was scoreless had in common: Severstal drew far too many penalties for creating something like a rhythm. Buchnevich seemed like a player who has to get the flow of the game to be at his best.

So hes a streaky player?

Game is over, no points again for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->