Speculation: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster building / proposal thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think Allen would be more even but less flash. He is a very even keel player. Makes good simple plays. Fluid skater but not super fast. Just very quiet efficiency.

The difference is, Moore provides a much higher ceiling. However, I think the fact that they had to go out and get Dan Boyle is telling. Moore was touted as an offensive defenseman. I haven't seen it.

This is basically how I feel. Third pairing D is not a premium position. Moore has a higher ceiling but I see no evidence of him reaching it, and no way of him to increase his value being locked into a third pairing role. I do not feel Moore will ever be a 2nd pairing dman so I do not see the point in keeping him, and letting his value depreciate more.

Again. Asset management.

The Rangers system is pretty depleted and they do not have a ton of attractive assets to recoup picks to restock the system. Next year's draft is deep. If they can get a 2nd for Moore it could go a long way to improving the farm, especially considering that they have no first. Allen-Klein is a steady, solid 3rd pairing (in theory), which is what you need from those minutes.

SupersonicMonkey*

Only thing Allen lacks is speed when compared to JMoore. There is something to be said about a defenseman who is composed and isn't afraid to take a hit to make a play, or is consistently engaged, and thinks the game well and doesn't go through the motions.

I see a one as a dedicated and emotionally mature athlete, and I see the other as a gifted athlete that needs to be sheltered.

I see one that is 23 years old, and has been in the NHL for two seasons, and clearly showed he is capable of being a 3rd pair defenseman on a Stanley Cup contender at a young age, who the coaches love.

And i see another who is 24, turning 25 this season, who has zero NHL games played, and hasn't even been an after thought for the coaching staff to this point in time.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Columbus has offered Johansen a two year bridge contract worth between $3.5M-$4M per. That's a really good offer. Kurt Overhardt wants $7M per. Overhardt is overreaching again. JD brought the bridge contract philosophy with him to Columbus from St.Louis. Duchene got $3.5M per in a bridge deal.

There are a few unsigned group II's like DeKeyser who didn't file for salary arbitration. A player should always file. It forces management to come to the table to avoid a 3rd party making the award.

I read where Wade Arnott said there is nothing going on with his client Jaden Schwartz. He also represents John Moore.

The only time teams have leverage is with players needing another year for salary arbitration. Dubinsky. Stepan. Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->