2014-2015 Manchester Monarchs - 2015 Calder Cup Champions!

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I likely know you by sight (at the very least). I was at the arena that night at 2 am, and played in or watched most of the booster club street hockey games.

hope you can get here tonight - i'd like to think there's going to be a decent turnout for the final hurrah, but nowhere near 9000 people.

I am not taking any chances. I am likely heading down early just in case. hopefully the rain holds off.

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-central-at-noon/

jump to:
Hockey Central @ Noon - June 15 - Monday
Blackhawks have opportunity to win Stanley Cup at home tonight; NHL deputy commish Bill Daly on Cup, cap, OT & Coyotes; Manchester Monarchs' Paul Bissonnette on winning the AHL's Calder Cup.

Biz said he was very happy being with the Monarchs. They are loaded with talent. He doesn't expect a one-way next year , that he was a borderline NHL player, and would be happy to play in the AHL next season and hope for the occasional call-up. He wants to keep playing for now but they asked him if he was interested in coaching in the future. He was open to it. He said fourth-liners spend a lot of time watching from the bench so a lot of the best coaches are former plugs. They briefly talked about him calling Mike Futa and Mike Stothers (whom he had known from his Owen Sound days) when he was released from his PTO with Portland. He said he realizes it wasn't a Stanley Cup but championships don't come around too often for a player so it meant a lot (to win the Calder Cup) with the Monarchs.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
The banner went up tonight at the Verizon Wireless Arena.

CHqzB8kUwAESG49.jpg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
so glad I was there tonight.
before the doors opened LoVerde and the boys brought the Cup right in the front of the building. Just walked right up and shared a few moments with the fans with the Calder Cup who were waiting to get in. so awesome.

Captain Mittens*

before the doors opened LoVerde and the boys brought the Cup right in the front of the building. Just walked right up and shared a few moments with the fans with the Calder Cup who were waiting to get in. so awesome.

Congrats man. That must have been sweet

hockeynutz

Mar 17, 2004

and Josh Gratton was sharing a 12-pack of Bud Light.

:yo:

it was pretty sweet.

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
Awesome that you guys get to experience the celebration and banner raising.

I really hope the Ontario Reign next year don't do a banner or celebration for this Monarchs team, all the glory and celebration belongs to the people of Manchester and those that followed the team throughout the year :)

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I think the banner could hang in Ontario. The players would be proud of it. Agree, no ceremony though.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Appreciate what Biz contributed in the minors and a guy like him can still keep a roster spot in the AHL, but the days of wasting a roster spot on a player like that are over in the NHL. The past four years have been the first time in my time as a fan that the Kings didn't employ a goon, and the results don't lie. You have to be able to take a regular shift in the 2015 NHL, Biz just can't do that.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Thanks Ziggy.

Oh, and because you have wondered about him all year, and the D next year, I finally was able to tweet this.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Seems like the numbers were just stacked against Raine with the number of bodies vying for a spot on the Reign blueline next season.

Better to allow him to explore better opportunities. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Seems like the numbers were just stacked against Raine with the number of bodies vying for a spot on the Reign blueline next season.

Better to allow him to explore better opportunities. Hopefully he lands on his feet somewhere.

They're just making room for Mike Reilly.:nod:

Sources told The Dispatch that Reilly has narrowed his list of possible destinations to two or three NHL clubs. Chicago, Minnesota, Los Angeles and the New York Rangers are among the clubs that have made a push to sign Reilly.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Awesome that you guys get to experience the celebration and banner raising.

I really hope the Ontario Reign next year don't do a banner or celebration for this Monarchs team, all the glory and celebration belongs to the people of Manchester and those that followed the team throughout the year :)

I agreee. The banner is really for the fans anyways.

The Reign have already seem to show how they may address the fact Reign are the defending champions. At a season ticket event they had the phrase "AHL Reigning Champisons" dispalyed on the scoreboards. I thought that was pretty clever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad