2014-2015 Line Combos Part II

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Sucks that our team is still sick. I really want to beat dumbass Miller.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
We still should be able to beat them. They aren't the powerhouse they used to be. Hell if we take weak wrist shots from the top of the circles at his five hole we should score a boat load. :laugh:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We still should be able to beat them. They aren't the powerhouse they used to be. Hell if we take weak wrist shots from the top of the circles at his five hole we should score a boat load. :laugh:

I just deflect every puck. I swear he didn't stop a single one last season

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Sure hope Gunnarsson gets back soon, they sure are being cautious. Hopefully it is because we have so many days to start off the season and not something else wrong with his hip.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sick players and no Stastny. Really sucks. I don't think people realize how good this Blues team is going to be yet, because they look at the 2-2-1 record and saw they lost to Anaheim 3-0 and LA 1-0. They don't realize the circumstances.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Even putting what happened last year with Miller aside, I'd much rather see Miller than Lack who absolutely owned us last year

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Just shoot one hoppers from behind the blueline at him we'll be up 2-0 in the first before you know it...****ing Ryan Miller, I hope Frank pots a hat trick through the wickets on him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It takes guys a while to get into game shape. He's been cleared for about a week now.

Hitch has been saying that he looks fantastic and he passed physicals with flying colors. If he's not in for thursday, I'd doubt we would see him Saturday either.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The past few games have got me thinking:

I wonder if we should go full on skill with the top two lines when Stastny returns, and use Backes as a checking line center, seeing as how we put him in to shut down the other team's top line anyway.

Steen-Stastny-Oshie (hope that these two get Oshie to play like his old self again, plus Oshie and Staz were great together earlier this year in Sochi)
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko (needs no explanation)
Berglund-Backes-Lindstrom (shutdown line with the defensive capabilities and big bodies of Backes and Berglund, the speed and skill of Lindstrom added on)
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves (needs no explanation...although I still wish we had the CPR line here :( ).
Extras: Jaskin, Porter and Paajarvi (the latter either gets traded or spends the season in the pressbox, where he belongs)

Other than that, I wonder if, instead of trading for a scoring winger like some amongst the fanbase have suggested, we bring up Rattie.

Just my 0.02.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
The past few games have got me thinking:

I wonder if we should go full on skill with the top two lines when Stastny returns, and use Backes as a checking line center, seeing as how we put him in to shut down the other team's top line anyway.

Steen-Stastny-Oshie (hope that these two get Oshie to play like his old self again, plus Oshie and Staz were great together earlier this year in Sochi)
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko (needs no explanation)
Berglund-Backes-Lindstrom (shutdown line with the defensive capabilities and big bodies of Backes and Berglund, the speed and skill of Lindstrom added on)
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves (needs no explanation...although I still wish we had the CPR line here :( ).
Extras: Jaskin, Porter and Paajarvi (the latter either gets traded or spends the season in the pressbox, where he belongs)

Other than that, I wonder if, instead of trading for a scoring winger like some amongst the fanbase have suggested, we bring up Rattie.

Just my 0.02.

I like those line combos and also want to see Stastny play with Oshie at some point, I just feel like those two would have chemistry.

I like Berglund on the wing and I like Backes at center but if I was the coach I wouldn't mind giving these lines a try for a game or two:

Steen-Stastny-Backes
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Lindstrom-Berglund-Oshie
Ott-Lapps-Reaves

In this scenario you could flip Steen and Schwartz on lines 1 and 2 and it would still work. Also, next year i think one of Rattie, Jaskin, or Fabbri will take Lindstrom's spot. Lindstrom hasn't looked too shabby so far, I'm curious to see how he does the rest of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad