2014-2015 Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Road Warriors Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
MSL has to drop to about 2.75 plus bonuses

We still can't afford that lineup, assuming we are bringing all of our dmen back.

There are a lot of players who will have higher cap hits next year than this year:

Staal
Zucc
Hagelin
Stepan
Yandle
Talbot

Fast and Miller might also get small raises.

The cap won't go up much if it goes up at all.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I'm probably alone here but I dislike the idea of a Kreider-Hayes-Nash line entirely.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
I'm probably alone here but I dislike the idea of a Kreider-Hayes-Nash line entirely.

I'd be interested in your view on a K-H-N line. I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to see what a line like that could do.

Do you find the idea of Nash & Hayes on the same line redundant? Is Kreids not cerebral enough for such an assignment?

This is not sarcasm from me....I totally want to here your view.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
We still can't afford that lineup, assuming we are bringing all of our dmen back.

There are a lot of players who will have higher cap hits next year than this year:
Staal
Zucc
Hagelin
Stepan
Yandle
Talbot
Fast and Miller might also get small raises.
The cap won't go up much if it goes up at all.

you may be right, but
(a) my understanding is that Yandle pay does not go up, Phx is still paying their share for that year
(b) I expect Cam to be traded

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Pack just gave up a SH goal, down 3-1 now... switching over to the Rangers game now. If they can't give a toss about playing properly, why should I watch them get embarrassed?

Edit: JEBUS PRICE... Back and forth... 4-4 in the 3rd period... This team seriously has all of a Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder. Hahahahaha.

Edit 2: Heading into OT.

Last edited:

Osminator

Dec 28, 2005
Vienna, Austria
UN-EFFING-BELIEVABLE

Hartford Wolf Pack ‏@WolfPackAHL 8s9 seconds ago

GOAL!!!!!!! @muells129!!!! A SHORTIE!!! WOLF PACK WIN!!! I NEED A BIGGER FONT!!! 5-4 in overtime!!

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Too bad they keep winning. We need some Black Aces shuffled into the deck as guys are going down

maybe that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise, i totally disagree,
whoever they need will be most game-ready by playing

and man its looking like Mueller is back in the mix, a righty who can center, with his second strong playoff season in a row

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Too bad they keep winning. We need some Black Aces shuffled into the deck as guys are going down

I'm not worried about that.

The Rangers are not going to hesitate to recall a player to the big club if that's what they need.

That's what a farm team is for, even if they are playing deep into the playoffs.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
the box score from wed OT win:
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1014654

C.Bourque with 9 shots
Lindberg was the only guy worse than -1, at -2
and a Ryan Potulny sighting, in for Vaive against his prior team of the last 3 seasons

Potunly's played the last two games. Don't know if Vaive is hurt or it's his play or he's taken too many penalties. Pack have won both games though.

Mueller's kind of known for being a clutch player in the playoffs at the AHL level. Chris Bourque with 89 points in 95 AHL playoff games over the course of his career. I remember someone suggesting in training camp that Chris should play on Hartford's 4th line. He's a big time and legit 1st line player at the AHL level. Having good veterans helps the prospects--the team wins a lot more--the team makes the playoffs--the team goes deep into the playoffs--the prospects get these experiences which turns them into better players.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
you may be right, but
(a) my understanding is that Yandle pay does not go up, Phx is still paying their share for that year
(b) I expect Cam to be traded

(a) Your understanding is not correct. We only had Yandle on the roster for 41 days, so the 50% that we are responsible for was heavily prorated. Next year, we'll have to pay all of that 50%.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/NYR?year=2015

His cap hit this year was 593k. Next year it will be 2.625 mil.

(b) Cam will likely get traded, but he'll need to be replaced. We'll only save about 500-600k at best.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
(a) Your understanding is not correct. We only had Yandle on the roster for 41 days, so the 50% that we are responsible for was heavily prorated. Next year, we'll have to pay all of that 50%.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/NYR?year=2015

His cap hit this year was 593k. Next year it will be 2.625 mil.

(b) Cam will likely get traded, but he'll need to be replaced. We'll only save about 500-600k at best.

I interpreted your 'Yandle will be paid lots more next season' comment to mean he got his full contract hit, not 1/2. So we agree that NYR only owe 1/2 his Cap hit.

no need to dive deeper here, but i don't really understand your (a).
Of course it was prorated, he was paid during those days 'as if' he were paid $2.625 for the year
And at that time of season, the team's Cap should also be prorated per the remaining days.

to me, maybe i am missing something, it seems his percentage of the team's Cap doesn't change between this year and next...

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
maybe that was tongue-in-cheek, otherwise, i totally disagree,
whoever they need will be most game-ready by playing

and man its looking like Mueller is back in the mix, a righty who can center, with his second strong playoff season in a row

We need Aces
Black Aces
To throw in their faces
If we want to go places...
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->