Line Combos: 2014-2015 Habs defense

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Like others have said

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Gilbert
Beaulieu - Weaver
Tinordi - Pateryn (first callups)

I'm not sure about the Emelin-Gilbert pairing.

If Beaulieu is ready for 5 on 5 minutes with Subban (a big if), I'd go with

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Gilbert
Emelin - Weaver
Tinordi - Pateryn/Nygren

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
For some reason Markov-Subban worries me, but it looks like the best option.

It worries me for the rest of the pairings. We need Markov fresh...not play 30min a night. We will need Emelin to step up his game and play with Subban. I also feel like Pateryn and Nygren will outplay Beaulieu and Tinordi at training camp. We'll have to wait and see. Sadly both Pateryn and Nygren are RHD...maybe we can put them on the left side :laugh:

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
It worries me for the rest of the pairings. We need Markov fresh...not play 30min a night. We will need Emelin to step up his game and play with Subban. I also feel like Pateryn and Nygren will outplay Beaulieu and Tinordi at training camp. We'll have to wait and see. Sadly both Pateryn and Nygren are RHD...maybe we can put them on the left side :laugh:

I seriously doubt weaver plays every game so nygren or pateryn will probably take that 7 spot.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I seriously doubt weaver plays every game so nygren or pateryn will probably take that 7 spot.

Also there will be injuries.

If 2 dmen go down at once (very likely) at some point in the season, we will have 3 of Nygren, Pateryn, Beaulieu, and Tinordi in the lineup.

Even though it may not be great in the short term, I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of dmen they will once they have solid NHL experience under their belts.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Markov should not even be on the penalty kill. When he was injured, our offense and PP took a dip, not our PK.

I'm still completely baffled by Therrien's bench management, especially with regard to our defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad