2014-2015 Echl playoff predictions

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Still irritated Wheeling made it while Indy didn't.

I can only imagine the sheer lack of enthusiasm for the Nailers.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Eastern Conference

Toledo def Wheeling in 5
Fort Wayne def Kalamazoo in 6
Florida def Orlando :)cry:) in 6
Reading def South Carolina in 7

Fort Wayne def Toledo in 7
Reading def Florida in 6

Fort Wayne def Reading in 6

Western Conference

Allen def Tulsa in 5
Quad City def Rapid City in 7
Idaho def Utah in 5
Ontario def Colorado in 6

Allen def Quad City in 6
Ontario def Idaho in 7

Ontario def Allen in 6

Kelly Cup Finals

Fort Wayne def Ontario in 6

Last edited:

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
I'm not sure QC at full strength since two guys were recently in the ahl. hoping the flock takes this one in 6 though

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Neither of the two teams which competed for the Kelly Cup last season made the playoffs. Both Alaska and Cincinnati finished in 5th place in their divisions and missed the playoffs.

I'll pick South Carolina from the Eastern Conference. I have no idea about the West so by default I'll go with SC to take the KC.

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
This format is ****. They basically went backwards. First 2 rounds are divisional. Teams like Greenville and Elmira were penalized for a good division.

I don't like the format either. I hate it for minor league and pro. However Elmiras fate wasn't determined by this. They wouldn't have been in the top 8 anyways. The west had the correct 8, althought matchups are much different outside of Tulsa/Allen. The matchups in the east aren't far of though.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I don't like the format either. I hate it for minor league and pro. However Elmiras fate wasn't determined by this. They wouldn't have been in the top 8 anyways. The west had the correct 8, althought matchups are much different outside of Tulsa/Allen. The matchups in the east aren't far of though.

Counter examples but Elmira was up there til 2 weeks left then Orlando went on a tear. Kalamazoo finished the year well and their last 2 games were against Wheeling which they had nothing to play for but Wheeling did. Those could have been potentially playoff games down the stretch. They ended the year losing I think their last 5 or 6. Basically when Orlando clinched there was nothing to play for but pride I guess. At this level where teams see so much change year to year that's overrated.

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
Counter examples but Elmira was up there til 2 weeks left then Orlando went on a tear. Kalamazoo finished the year well and their last 2 games were against Wheeling which they had nothing to play for but Wheeling did. Those could have been potentially playoff games down the stretch. They ended the year losing I think their last 5 or 6. Basically when Orlando clinched there was nothing to play for but pride I guess. At this level where teams see so much change year to year that's overrated.

I'm not sure I understand whys they'd stop playing. I'm sure there are guys in contract years that are looking to move up. Guys in the E sign 10day contracts with the ahl all year, so even if your eliminated from playoffs personal growth in the game should never take a back seat.

No matter what the format is, every team controls their own fate, you have to win games.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm not sure I understand whys they'd stop playing. I'm sure there are guys in contract years that are looking to move up. Guys in the E sign 10day contracts with the ahl all year, so even if your eliminated from playoffs personal growth in the game should never take a back seat.

No matter what the format is, every team controls their own fate, you have to win games.

That division was pretty good though. Compared to the Wheeling division. Greenville was above .500 and Elmira was 1 game under with a late season failure being shorthanded because Rochester/Buffalo ran them dry with the callup effect. Which I didn't understand. Rochester was out of it BH the end of January. Could have just signed a bunch of college guys for March and early April.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
For those upset about the format, they are going back to the top-8-in-conference format next season.

Yeah I know. Its just not a good format. You're penalizing teams. If you watch enough sports divisions are rarely ever equal in a league. I also hate the idea that the first 2 rounds are divisional this year. That kinda gets stale to me. Seeing the same 4 teams at almost every home game all season long is bad enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00