8. Doan
9. Halpern
10. Hanzal
11. Korpikoski
12. Bissonnette
13. Kennedy

Out are Ribeiro, Vrbata, Moss, Halpern, Bissonnette and Kennedy

In are Gagner, Erat, Crombeen, Vitale, McMillan, and Domi

Younger and faster for sure. I love the addition of Vitale and his F/O%. We really missed that last year and I think our puck possession will increase because of him.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Think of who we are replacing...

Top 13 F in GP in 13/14

1. Vermette
2. Boedker
3. Chipchura
4. Ribeiro
5. Vrbata
6. Moss
7. Klinkhammer
8. Doan
9. Halpern
10. Hanzal
11. Korpikoski
12. Bissonnette
13. Kennedy

Out are Ribeiro, Vrbata, Moss, Halpern, Bissonnette and Kennedy

In are Gagner, Erat, Crombeen, Vitale, McMillan, and Domi

That's a good way of looking at it.

We can hope that Gagner matches Ribeiro's output.

I'm sure that McMillan - Vitale - Crombeen will be better than Moss - Halpern - Biz

Then we can also hope that Domi and Erat can match the output of Vrbata and Kennedy.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah, I think it comes down to Domi and Erat versus Kennedy and Vrbata.

If we can add a Versteeg, Stempniak, Ott, or Winnik, than all the better.

Either way, the sky has not fallen. This unit should be harder working and more cohesive. Harder to play against and better on the PK.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Either way, the sky has not fallen. This unit should be harder working and more cohesive. Harder to play against and better on the PK.

Yep, it's going to be all about rolling three lines that can be defensively responsible and still productive offensively. I think last season everyone wanted to see a true top line so badly that we didn't realize we had AHLers sprinkled throughout the lineup.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Agree with this....Our D should be better too.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
He may be worth the gamble. He looked promising after his first year, then nothing.
Oilers did a lousy job developing Paajarvi and now he is stuck on the Blues' (with their depth) 4th line. IMO, the Coyotes could resurrect his career. It's also better than expecting Domi to be penciled in without giving him any competition in camp. It would be an ideal trade if the Blues would consider Klinkhammer or Chipchura as part of the return (whom IMO, are better typical 4th line forwards).

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Oilers did a lousy job developing Paajarvi and now he is stuck on the Blues' (with their depth) 4th line. IMO, the Coyotes could resurrect his career. It's also better than expecting Domi to be penciled in without giving him any competition in camp. It would be an ideal trade if the Blues would consider Klinkhammer or Chipchura as part of the return (whom IMO, are better typical 4th line forwards).

It seems like a doable option. I don't think the Blues are looking to take on salary, think they have to resign Sobotka (another player we might be able to obtain) and Schwartz, and need more cap space. It would be very nice if we can get Berglund + MPS in a package of some kind.

I went to send a feeler a while ago on the Blues' forum, they seem to be OK with Lessio + 2nd as a base value for Berglund:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=87645417&postcount=91

If we can add a depth prospect that they can bury in the juniors or minor for another year before he has to be given a 1-way contract, then I think there is a realistic chance for Berglund + MPS coming our way. Could be a very good line with Gagner, a combination of size, skill, and speed; with a passer and shooter on that line.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It seems like a doable option. I don't think the Blues are looking to take on salary, think they have to resign Sobotka (another player we might be able to obtain) and Schwartz, and need more cap space. It would be very nice if we can get Berglund + MPS in a package of some kind.

I went to send a feeler a while ago on the Blues' forum, they seem to be OK with Lessio + 2nd as a base value for Berglund:

If we can add a depth prospect that they can bury in the juniors or minor for another year before he has to be given a 1-way contract, then I think there is a realistic chance for Berglund + MPS coming our way. Could be a very good line with Gagner, a combination of size, skill, and speed; with a passer and shooter on that line.

St. Louis just signed Berglund for three more years, and I would think he will be their 3rd line center.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

I think this looks pretty good. My only qualm is that MPS seems like a very similar player to Ganger (correct me if I'm wrong). If we were to pick him up with Berglund I don't see where he fits on the roster. Also, it's tough to want to give up a prospect like Lessio without giving him a shot. Maybe after a month into the season this would make more sense.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Paajarvi is more like Sjostrom than anyone. He has great wheels, good size, goes to the net but has no finish. At least none that he's shown so far. Kind of like what Virtanen critics are scared he will end up like. Toolsy, willingto go to the net, and really nothing much else.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wouldn't do Lessio and a 2nd for Berglund. Even though he has a good contract, he's 26 and will be getting paid full bore. I'll take the gamble that Lessio turns out to be more than a 40 point guy.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Paajarvi is more like Sjostrom than anyone. He has great wheels, good size, goes to the net but has no finish. At least none that he's shown so far. Kind of like what Virtanen critics are scared he will end up like. Toolsy, willingto go to the net, and really nothing much else.

Ah ok, I think it's his name that just sounds like he should be a play maker; Magnus.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
St. Louis just signed Berglund for three more years, and I would think he will be their 3rd line center.
I see Sobotka as their 3rd line center, or maybe Sobotka just taking faceoffs for Berglund, regardless, both will be in their line-up.
Paajarvi has already shown more than Freddy Sjostrom has. 23 yo MP has scored 3/4 goals as many as FS had in his career.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I see Sobotka as their 3rd line center, or maybe Sobotka just taking faceoffs for Berglund, regardless, both will be in their line-up.
Paajarvi has already shown more than Freddy Sjostrom has. 23 yo MP has scored 3/4 goals as many as FS had in his career.

Paajarvi would be a more likable version of Moss here. Zero finish.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Wouldn't mind going after MPS and we might be able to salvage his career. But I kinda agree that at this point he's looking like a younger, less frustrating Dave Moss - a solid defensive forward who can't finish worth a damn.

Which is why my bargain bin reclamation project would be someone more like Zac Dalpe, who's young and has all the tools to be a scorer (and from most accounts I've been reading from Canucks HFers, actually looked pretty decent in his limited minutes last season). A cheap and possibly ideal triggerman for Gagner.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
More today from Craig Morgan regarding our budget for this season: http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/story/prospect-camp-gives-coyotes-glimpse-of-future-070714

While the Coyotes anticipate being in the middle third of NHL teams when it comes to cap hit (somewhere between 18 and 20), they still expect to spend a similar amount to the 2013-14 season on actual salaries. That number is believed to be between $55 million and $57 million.

With 23 players under contract, the Coyotes are spending about $53.195 million, with a cap hit of about $56.434 million, according to capgeek.com and other sources. This list includes Max Domi and Lucas Lessio, who are the most likely of the team's prospects to make the club.

Arizona isn't likely to carry eight defenseman on its opening-day roster. The team is more likely to carry 14 forwards and seven defensemen. While Brandon Gormley or Connor Murphy could start the year in Portland of the AHL, both are expected to make the roster, which could mean the Coyotes could expose Chris Summers to waivers to re-assign him or the team could make a trade.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
If I'm Gormley I'm pissed if I start the season in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad