2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I only want Vermette back at a price that can't be refused. $5m isn't that. At some point it stops being about assembling the "best" roster that's ever so slightly better than the alternative. A message has to be sent to the players that didn't perform if they can't be dumped. Breaking up the old boys club has a value all its own.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I only want Vermette back at a price that can't be refused. $5m isn't that. At some point it stops being about assembling the "best" roster that's ever so slightly better than the alternative. A message has to be sent to the players that didn't perform if they can't be dumped. Breaking up the old boys club has a value all its own.

Your talking sense today.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
1. Win Lottery
2. Trade Korpikoski for Mike Brown
3. Sign Antoine Vermette (3yrs, 15mil)
4. Sign Zbynek Michalek (1yr, 2mil)

Doan-McDavid-Boedker
Rieder-Hanzal-Gagner
Domi-Vermette-Duclair
Lessio-Vitale-M.Brown
Chipchura

OEL-Murphy
Dahlbeck-Stone
Gormley-Michalek
Moore, Samuelsson

Smith
Domingue

5. Draft 13th overall. Haha. :laugh:

Feb 12, 2003
Enough with the retreads. It's one thing when they are UFA's lost and regained (i.e. Vrbata and Michalek), but once someone is traded at the deadline I think they are gone for good. I'm a major fan of Michalek, but I'm not sure he's the best option to fill our needs.

Let's coax the Wizard and DeMo out of retirement while we're at it.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Z is on the downside and Vermette will get more than he deserves. Hell they both probably will. No way I touch Vermette at $5 mil. He simply doesn't bring enough to take that much of our budget. And I'd rather see someone younger and hungrier that will actually hit someone in Z's spot.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Michalek's not coming back if GMDM has any wisdom at all.

Vermette should not be back either given the same criteria.

Yandle is also not coming back because even if he doesn't stick with the Rangers after his contract is up, the opportunity to sign with the Bruins will be too irresistible to pass up. Whatever loyalty he had to the Coyotes was used up by Maloney trading him.

I just don't get why people are so hesitant to move on. Change worries people, I suppose. This team has needed an identity change for so long, though, that we need to get past the idea of bringing back the "Coyotes' Greatest Hits" roster.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yandle is also not coming back because even if he doesn't stick with the Rangers after his contract is up, the opportunity to sign with the Bruins will be too irresistible to pass up. Whatever loyalty he had to the Coyotes was used up by Maloney trading him.

Not sure how Maloney trading Yandle because Sather willing to dangle Duclair reflects on Yandle's loyalty. But we get it, you don't want Yandle back.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Not sure how Maloney trading Yandle because Sather willing to dangle Duclair reflects on Yandle's loyalty. But we get it, you don't want Yandle back.

You guys ascribe whatever motives to me that you want, but the fact remains that the odds of Yandle ever coming back here in a Coyotes uniform are slim to none.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

We get it, you worship Yandle.

Cut the BS. No need for attitude because someone disagrees with you. His point about Yandle possibly staying on the east coast (and getting paid in the process) is perfectly legitimate.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
We get it, you worship Yandle.

Cut the BS. No need for attitude because someone disagrees with you. His point about Yandle possibly staying on the east coast (and getting paid in the process) is perfectly legitimate.

Not getting into yet another ****ing debate with Yandle with you again XX. Yes, I realize that and when that door is closed the door is closed. That's not going to change my wanting him to return.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not getting into yet another ****ing debate with Yandle with you again XX. Yes, I realize that and when that door is closed the door is closed. That's not going to change my wanting him to return.

You're welcome to want him back. I have no problem with that. He was a hell of a player for the Coyotes. There's just no need to belittle someone because they suggest a scenario that doesn't involve him coming back is possible.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

I'm okay with that $. Term is the big concern. 3 years max.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
You're welcome to want him back. I have no problem with that. He was a hell of a player for the Coyotes. There's just no need to belittle someone because they suggest a scenario that doesn't involve him coming back is possible.

Not really sure how he belittled him. But whatever. Yandle is a hell of s player. We'd be fortunate to have him back. Doubt he would, but he has been nothing but loyal to the franchise.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Michalek's not coming back if GMDM has any wisdom at all.

Vermette should not be back either given the same criteria.

I just don't get why people are so hesitant to move on. Change worries people, I suppose. This team has needed an identity change for so long, though, that we need to get past the idea of bringing back the "Coyotes' Greatest Hits" roster.

Exactly right. They are not coming back. You guys *****ed and moaned all year that you wanted these players traded (Yandle only for a good return) and then when they are, you want them back if we can get them for a home town discount. We were no good with them, time to move forward.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
My thoughts...

Doan-McEichel:crossfing-Boedker
Rieder-Hanzal-Gagner
Domi-BigVetC-Duclair
Lessio-Vitale-Mike Brown(or similar)

I like it. I would swap doan and rieder. and probably replace doan with domi and gags with duclair

rieder - mceichel - Boedker
Domi - Hanzal/UFA - Duclair
doan - hanzal/ufa -Gagner
lessio - Vitale - (I would love Brown)

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If we can somehow flip Chipchura for Brown I'd be all for it. Sign McQuaid as a 7th D and now we have two legitimate SOBs to help protect the kids.

Reider - McEichel - Boedker
Domi - Vermette/Soderberg - Duclair
Doan - Hanzal - Gagner
Lessio - Vitale - Eaves
Brown

OEL - Petry
Dahlbeck - Stone
Gormley - Murphy
McQuaid

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
If we could somehow flip Chipchura for literally anything, I'd be all for it. ^^

If we couldn't somehow trade Chipchura for anything, and bought him out, I'd be all for it.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
If we could somehow flip Chipchura for literally anything, I'd be all for it. ^^

If we couldn't somehow trade Chipchura for anything, and bought him out, I'd be all for it.

Of course the last thing that would surprise me is if Moss, Chip, and Korpi were still in Sedona Red once September rolls around. :rant:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I like McQ, a lot, but why is he coming here as a 7th? I think he could max out at $3M in UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad