OT: 2014-2015 College Hockey Thread

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Any other college hockey fans on here?

I'm a PC season ticket holder so I'm pretty pumped for the season to get going.

It looks like the Friars will certainly have a bulls-eye on them this season. Don't think we'll be catching anybody by surprise this year. I think a big x-factor for them will be whether Jankowski can make that big jump this year to being a big impact player. Balance scoring attack, great depth, and championship caliber goaltending in Gillies but no game breaker like a Johnny Gaudreau or Kevin Roy. I love Mauermann and his heart and hustle but he puts up a lot of points getting goals in the dirty areas even at 5' 9" but lacks an elite skill set that the two guys I mentioned have. Should be a fun season in Friartown though. Tests right away with visits to Columbus and Grand Forks to start the year.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Boston University student here, always going to support my Terriers ;)
Should be exciting to see how the season pans out. There definitely will be a big improvement over last years dreadful season...I think we will miss Noonan and his contributions (not gonna lie, I was kinda grumpy about the fact that the Bruins didn't draft him..), but our incoming freshmen should be able to hold their weight. Oksanen and Somerby should be improving as well. And of course, there is Jack Eichel to be pumped about. Matt Grzelyck will be back. Overall, it should be a good season to look forward to.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Can't believe UNH is ranked to start the season considering the DeSmith drama not to mention losing a lot of talent in a pretty stacked senior class plus TVR gone too. I'm sure Umile will make whoever takes Casey's spot look like a future NHL'er again because thats how it always seems to work, but regardless I don't see why UNH is ranked at all right now

I moved to Vermont this summer and I live about 2 minutes away from Gutterson where UVM plays, and my roommate used to be the mascot for UVM hockey :laugh: definitely going to try to check out some of their games this year

Northeastern will be fun to watch. Curious how they will progress. A couple years ago they had that really strong rookie class and Roy seems to be developing really well so I hope they continue to get better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad