2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Can't find the code to post Tweets here, but Nygren's brother was mugged NY week while visiting Magnus.

So to those many who reviled him for some comments that may or may not been taken out of context....

( loud fart sounds )

Edit: Here's the post with link.

Canadiens de Montréal prospect and Hamilton Bulldogs defenseman Magnus Nygren's brother was mugged over the holidays http://t.co/4M1lxY5tcT

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
he's got a long road in front of him, wish he would change schools since he's going to such a weak conference but at least the Habs have a very long time before he needs to be signed.

True. It was and still is a really intriguing pick.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for that. Can't find the tweet number on Android.

I found the post and link. Will edit my original post.

On the twitter app
1. Click on the tweet
2. Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on "copy link to tweet".
3. Paste on HFBoards and get rid of everything other than the numbers.
Ex. ttps://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/552992658420166656

Keep only 552992658420166656

4. Apply code.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
On the twitter app
1. Click on the tweet
2. Click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on "copy link to tweet".
3. Paste on HFBoards and get rid of everything other than the numbers.
Ex. ttps://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/552992658420166656

Keep only 552992658420166656

4. Apply code.

Thanks!! Appreciate your time.

xyzed

Jun 25, 2012
Yeah sorry haha that was sarcasm I just don't like how OUR OWN fans crap on reway, it's a little sad and annoying

I really dont understand that. As a habs prospect, fans should show some support to the kid and not talking non-sense about him which someone made up. He played great at all WJCs and all levels he has ever played (solid representation of Canadiens organisation) and despite he is "just" 4th rounder habs fans cant appreciate that.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I really dont understand that. As a habs prospect, fans should show some support to the kid and not talking non-sense about him which someone made up. He played great at all WJCs and all levels he has ever played (solid representation of Canadiens organisation) and despite he is "just" 4th rounder habs fans cant appreciate that.

We are not Reway's personal cheerleaders. We are here to have intelligent discussions and in order to do so, objective analysis is imperative. Am I supposed to lie and say that I believe he will be an important part of the Habs future?

Nothing is more irritating than personal bias and over the top subjectivity.

xyzed

Jun 25, 2012
We are not Reway's personal cheerleaders. We are here to have intelligent discussions and in order to do so, objective analysis is imperative. Am I supposed to lie and say that I believe he will be an important part of the Habs future?

Nothing is more irritating than personal bias and over the top subjectivity.

Oh yes Inteliligent discoussions and objective analysis, thats what I see here :laugh:

Thats absolutely not what I am saying, I saw here so many lies and made up things about him, mainly personal stuff.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Habs have a nice cup full of prospect and IMO none more interesting then Huddon, McCaron and Scherbak.
I wouldn't mine if MB dangles a few for trade potential.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Thing is, it's one thing to appreciate what a kid does at junior level. It's another to try to portrait the same kid at the NHL level. Tons of players have looked incredibly great at the junior level, and didn't come close to making it. Not saying it will be the case of Reway but seeing how coaches deal with pure talented players, they want them to still be as complete a player they can be and give their 100% every single time. Remains to be seen if Reway will one day be able to be all that. It's not crapping on prospects....it's trying to analyse them more than "He looked great at the WJC, he's then a top 6 in the NHL". Mind you, what Reway is also doing in a men's league right now is indeed impressive. But again, not the same type of player, not the same ice surface etc....It's only about putting things in perspective.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
definitely can't say anything cuz i haven't seen him. 6 pts in his last 4 games.

Next year's just going to be ridiculous though. Any chance we don't sign MacMillan? Or do we just have more players in the ECHL?

Nice game for Gregoire...2 goals and a fight with 6'5" Graves. Like the way he plays the game...

MacMillan unless he really picks up his game it will be tough to sign him to an ELC. Just when you think he is taking off for a good year, he goes back to just being solid. I would say right now it's 60-40 towards signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad