2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Macmillan with 3+2 tonight. Good weekend for him, 5 goals and 2 assists. Light at the end of the tunnel......
14 and 4 in the faceoff circle too.

Always kind of liked him too.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Macmillan with 3+2 tonight. Good weekend for him, 5 goals and 2 assists. Light at the end of the tunnel......
14 and 4 in the faceoff circle too.

Always kind of liked him too.

When drafted he weighed 150 pounds and was considered a longterm prospect. Fast forward 4 years he now weighs about 190 pounds and should have a heck of a senior year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

It sure was weird to get to watch some NCAA hockey on my TV yesterday ! I switched to it during the breaks from the habs game but I ended up barely seeing Evans at all. He seamed decent from the little I saw, good foot speed and energy but kinda lost at times. It's a big step from the OJHL for him so I'm not expecting a lot from his first season with the Irish points wise. I really liked Robbie Russo in his draft year but he still looks kinda slow and small. I wonder if he'll be able to make it to the NHL.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
B.C. hockey players are a tough breed, the Habs have a trio in Carey Price(Goalie/Cowboy), Dalton Thrower(Small but Mighty) and Mark Macmillan(Talented & Learning the all - round game) and former Dman Josh Gorges(the Shotblocking Ace of the NHL). Really feels great to brag about some of our Hab players/prospects showing the depth of our talented team and no shortage of Canadian's on the roster. Of course the Habs being a multi-cultural team with players/prospects from all over the globe, most playing starring roles on their respective teams.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lekhonen with an assist on the game tying goal with four seconds remaining yesterday.

watched the game, I've seen most of Frolunda's games so far this year, glad to see them move into 1st place. Did you see the previous game against Leksands? I thought it was the most entertaining game I've seen from Frolunda this year despite Lekhonen getting the least amount of ice time he's had in the SHL to date, as there was a lot of back and forth in a tight game.

It sure was weird to get to watch some NCAA hockey on my TV yesterday ! I switched to it during the breaks from the habs game but I ended up barely seeing Evans at all. He seamed decent from the little I saw, good foot speed and energy but kinda lost at times. It's a big step from the OJHL for him so I'm not expecting a lot from his first season with the Irish points wise. I really liked Robbie Russo in his draft year but he still looks kinda slow and small. I wonder if he'll be able to make it to the NHL.

Was just talking about him in the previous prospect thread,

I'm surprised he went to ND as a true Freshman, as a year in the USHL might have been better for him to mature a bit physically and then go to ND next season. It would have given the Habs 5 years before they had to sign him (though he could use the loop hole after his junior year if he wanted, Colin Sullivan can do this next year, not that it matters)

But he's there now, so for me as long as he continues to get ice time that's a step in the right direction as he's at a top program with a top coach and he's in the big 3 of terms of the top conferences in the NCAA (HE, NCHC and Big 10) so he's going to have a tough schedule playing against the best teams in the NCAA each year unlike Koberstein who did go the USHL route but next year in the NCAA he's going to be in the 2nd weakest conference so he will be playing against mostly non NHL prospects.

The last time the Habs had a draft pick go from the OJHL directly to the NCAA was Dustin Walsh. He played in the ECAC which isn't at the same level as the Hockey East conference that Evans is playing in. Walsh missed some time in his Freshman year to injury but still ended up 3rd on the team in goals and he was more physically mature which I'm sure helped him, for Evans though he'll have to learn on the go so we'll see if it was the right move or not.

If you look at Mark MacMillan, who was also very skinny at the time of the draft, went back to the BCHL after being drafted and then went onto the WCHA and had a very solid Freshman year despite still being undersized at the time. Granted it's not like the Habs could have forced the issue, and clearly Jeff Jackson thinks Evans was ready for the NCAA then that's a good sign since Jackson is one of the top coaches in the NCAA currently (he's coached in the NHL, OHL, and for the USNDTP) so hopefully he will adjust to the speed of the play and having to go up against bigger, faster, stronger players then he's ever had to before.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Just looking at upcoming games for Swift Current Bronco's and noticed they play back to back against Regina Pats (traded for Pavel Padikin(RW) the Ukraine prospect Hab invite this summer) he plays a tough NA type game right in front of the goalie. (WHL being arguably the toughest of the CHL leagues,IMHO) An overaged prospect the Habs have some interest in, for those that like following the play of the Habs rookie camp invites, and of course Brett Lernout SC Bronco's tough RD. Also noted that the Schmalz 6'6" RHC for Sudbury has 5g + 1A + 10gms almost matching his previous three seasons output of 7 gs in 115 gms., the Habs camp must have had a good effect on Matt. Add Brandon Wheat Kings goalie Jordan Papirny to the list of invites enjoying great starts this season, as he has 7 of 8 wins total in 10 gms for Brandon who lead the East Div. of the WHL.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
So Lehkonen already matches Collberg's career high in points in SHL with his assist. Hard not to be intrigued by this guy.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
So Lehkonen already matches Collberg's career high in points in SHL with his assist. Hard not to be intrigued by this guy.

I was reading that Frolunda plays at 1:00 PM today, does anyone know the online telecast station, I have time to watch Lehkonen and it starts in five mins. Please and thank you ahead of time.:nod: The play of Charles Hudon, Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Crisp, JDLR and many others speaks to the depth and great drafting the Habs have had past the 1st round and into the 6th with J.Gregoire, it's great as a lifelong Hab fan to see so many prospects with very good chances of becoming NHLers.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Lekhonen with an assist on the game tying goal with four seconds remaining yesterday. http://www.shl.se/shl-arena/38926/

I assume this is the source I need thanks.

I was reading that Frolunda plays at 1:00 PM today, does anyone know the online telecast station, I have time to watch Lehkonen and it starts in five mins. Please and thank you ahead of time.:nod: The play of Charles Hudon, Lehkonen, Andrighetto, Crisp, JDLR and many others speaks to the depth and great drafting the Habs have had past the 1st round and into the 6th with J.Gregoire, it's great as a lifelong Hab fan to see so many prospects with very good chances of becoming NHLers.

Lazy ass I am, should have just read back a few posts. Sorry!:shakehead

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I believe that strangely, the depth of our team will be shown based on who we acquires for some of those guys....maybe most of them. Most prospects are not the biggest and you won't be able to ice them all. It then resides as to how great the other teams think they are. And while we will have a guy like JDLR, the rest of our depth has to be great enough so that other teams think so to. And that it will translate into acquiring key players, and hopefully for a longer run than 1/2 season. Collberg was part of our depth....and it gave us Vanek. Which we liked. But we need to build a solid team on a longer run. And I hope that Bergevin will be able to build packages to make this team better. So depth directly for us? Yes...for some. But again, I believe that our depth will need to pay off in trades.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Engqvist is the lone gunman on his team, only 1 guy is close to him in terms of goals as he has already reached his goal totals from last season but aside from one other player no one else has more then 3 goals. yikes (on a side not Kovalchuk is killing it)

Lekhonen's team moved into 1st place last time I checked, but in 2 of the last 3 games he's gotten the least amount of ice time as he was listed on the 3rd line (I missed the game) yet only 2 have more points then him. Not complaining as he's having a great start to the year and the team is looking good as I've seen a number of their games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad