2014-2015 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Re: Martin Reway Leaving for Sparta Praha. We get his rights for 2 extra years now (til 2017 instead of 2015)

Per NHL CBA

8.6 (b) Drafted Players who Leave the Major Juniors prior to age 20. Notwithstanding any provision of subsection (a) to the contrary, Clubs shall have additional rights set forth in subsections (i), (ii) and (iii) below with respect to Players who either: (i) were drafted while playing in the Major Juniors or (ii) other than college players described in Section © below or Players drafted from a club outside North America described in Section (d) below, play in the Juniors during the period of time that a Club holds their exclusive negotiating rights and, in either case, cease to play in the Juniors and play in a league other than Juniors prior to age 20.

(ii) If a Player who is drafted as an 18-year-old ceases to play in the Juniors in the second League Year after he has been drafted and the Club has tendered to such Player a Bona Fide Offer pursuant to 8.6(a)(ii), his drafting Club shall have the exclusive right of negotiation for his services until the fourth June 1 following his initial selection in the Entry Draft.

Analyzer*

Sweet. He better dominant those 2 years he's there. Or at least do very well.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Reway should excel at Sparta Praha and hopefully pack on 20 lbs of muscle, in the two yrs he's there, preparing him for the AHL/NHL rigors upon returning.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
They felt he was too young maybe, there's only one other 97 player on the list ( Matthews) . He'd be pretty high on the replacement list if one of those guys gets injured that's for sure.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
I am looking forward to the Bulldogs signing a few more young players then usual for this season. It was a great situation a few years ago, I think the year Desharnais played in the ECHL, when the team had a surplus of players and had a big group in the ECHL gaining experience and awaiting the chance to play in Hamilton when callups and injuries hit. I think they suffer as a team when they need to look for players in season and if the team struggles so do our prospects.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Desharnais wasn't affiliated with us when he was in the ECHL. His year in the ECHL is what got him a contract.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Desharnais wasn't affiliated with us when he was in the ECHL. His year in the ECHL is what got him a contract.

He was on a contract with the Bulldogs, which he got due to Carbonneau having been the owner of his Q team. His performance in the ECHL is what got him signed to a Habs contract which was done in season. Again would love to see a few unsigned free agents given the same chance to prove their worth and perhaps earn a contract with the big club. Maybe there is a gem in the rough, and it costs next to nothing to take the chance.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
He was on a contract with the Bulldogs, which he got due to Carbonneau having been the owner of his Q team. His performance in the ECHL is what got him signed to a Habs contract which was done in season. Again would love to see a few unsigned free agents given the same chance to prove their worth and perhaps earn a contract with the big club. Maybe there is a gem in the rough, and it costs next to nothing to take the chance.

Desharnais actually played for NYI's farm team Bridgeport Tigers after playing in Chicoutimi for 4 yrs. After that season ended he signed as a free agent with Cincinnati winning the MVP in the regular season and the playoffs, winning the ECHL's Turner Cup. Subsequently Bob Gainey signed him to the Bulldogs as a free agent in 2008-2009, where DD continued to display his non-stop motor in leading Hamilton. It took one more year in Hamilton, but DD helped Hamilton win the Calder Cup behind the solid netminding of Habs Carey Price. People say the Habs can't develop players, hmm they seem to be doing alright ask Plekanec, Subban, Tinordi & Beaulieu.:nod::handclap::handclap::handclap:

neil2005

May 2, 2012
Desharnais actually played for NYI's farm team Bridgeport Tigers after playing in Chicoutimi for 4 yrs. After that season ended he signed as a free agent with Cincinnati winning the MVP in the regular season and the playoffs, winning the ECHL's Turner Cup. Subsequently Bob Gainey signed him to the Bulldogs as a free agent in 2008-2009, where DD continued to display his non-stop motor in leading Hamilton. It took one more year in Hamilton, but DD helped Hamilton win the Calder Cup behind the solid netminding of Habs Carey Price. People say the Habs can't develop players, hmm they seem to be doing alright ask Plekanec, Subban, Tinordi & Beaulieu.:nod::handclap::handclap::handclap:

DD was not on the Hamilton team that won the Calder Cup with Price leading the way. Only played for the Bulldogs when Guy Boucher was the coach.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

i wished it could be a bit more extensive. like percentage of each round and what not.
Still very good. I remember a report similar to this that TT drafted the most players who made the NHL.

People really dwell on the negative with TT. AK was well on his way to becoming a top flight talent until that concussion as well as just bad off-ice (though rumoured) alliances. That's more player development than bad drafting.

Fischer, LL and Chipchura does not drag down PK, Price, Gallagher, Pacioretty, McDonagh and most likely quite a few more.

We better have a damn good substitute if he ever leaves. I hope to God he never does.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
DD was not on the Hamilton team that won the Calder Cup with Price leading the way. Only played for the Bulldogs when Guy Boucher was the coach.

Yeah that's my wrong, it was two yrs. before, should have looked that up, it didn't seem right has to be seven yrs ago now, since the Bulldogs won.:nod:

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
On another note, I can't believe Hanifin was not invited.

Also very surprised Ryan McInnis invited, but not Justin Bailey. A bit of a slap to the older, more physically mature player. Bailey has consistency issues and obviously disappointed them at camp last year. But I'm surprised. He's a stronger weapon at the moment than Mac.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Also very surprised Ryan McInnis invited, but not Justin Bailey. A bit of a slap to the older, more physically mature player. Bailey has consistency issues and obviously disappointed them at camp last year. But I'm surprised. He's a stronger weapon at the moment than Mac.

Bailey was a ND for me last year so I'm not that dissapointed. But still surprised in the context of a WJC.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I just hope he doesn't pick up bad habbits there, plus it will be interesting to see if there will be any problems getting him to play in the AHL down the road since it will mean likely a good chunk less money, which ends up being a problem for some.

Has anyone heard if the 2nd year of his contract with Sparta has an NHL out clause since he has to be inked before June 1st, 2015.

Reway should excel at Sparta Praha and hopefully pack on 20 lbs of muscle, in the two yrs he's there, preparing him for the AHL/NHL rigors upon returning.

20 lbs of muscle for someone his size and age seems unlikely, imo I am not overly concerned about his lack of size as he is very shifty but very concerned over his defensive zone play, and work ethic as I think he needs to keep his feet moving more. Such a fun player to watch though, the good news is that the Czech league has free webcasts (or did the last time I was following Sparta).

I am looking forward to the Bulldogs signing a few more young players then usual for this season. It was a great situation a few years ago, I think the year Desharnais played in the ECHL, when the team had a surplus of players and had a big group in the ECHL gaining experience and awaiting the chance to play in Hamilton when callups and injuries hit. I think they suffer as a team when they need to look for players in season and if the team struggles so do our prospects.

I don't know if that will be the case since the Dogs already have a lot of incoming rookies for next season, but I am always for signing CHL/NCAA FA's to fill out the ECHL roster.

correct, his amazing season in the ECHL got him his NHL contract. It was the 2nd best season by a rookie in the ECHL in the leagues history so he clearly was doing something right down there (though he didn't show much in his 2 game call up to the Dogs, that would be the last time I would underrate him as he went on to be one of the best players I have ever seen in Hamilton)

DD was passed over in the '04, '05 and '06 drafts, he opted to return to the Q as an overager and at the end of the season is when he signed a PTO with Bridgeport. Carbo put in a good word for him and he get impressed at camp so they signed him to an AHL contract where he went on to tear up the ECHL and winning the then Kelly Cup. The Habs gave him his 2 year ELC in '08 (512K cap hit) and then re-signed him in '10 to a one year two way deal (550K). That season he was on fire in Hamilton and likely would have put up 100 pts that season if not called up but that would be it for his time in the AHL. After that he got a 2 year one way deal and then his 4 year deal.

correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->