2014-2015 AHL contracts

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
According to the AHL transaction page Ty Wishart has been released from his SPC.

Link: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Is he heading for Europe or retiring or whatever?

Just curious...

He left Evansville (ECHL) to join the swedish club of Morra in the Allsvenskan.

In other news :
-Ben Walker has been released for his PTO with St. John's and signed to a SPC. Walker has one assist in seven games this season.

-Alexandre Carrier has been signed to a SPC by Albany. Carrier has been playing for the Peoria Rivermen in the SPHL where he had 4 points and 51 PIMs in 10 games.

A minor player movement...but a huge step for the SPHL

Big enforcer Alex Carrier became the first player in Peoria's SPHL history -- and perhaps the first in the league's history -- to jump directly from the SPHL to the class-AAA American Hockey League with a full contract.

Carrier was signed to a standard AHL deal by Albany -- whose NHL parent club is New Jersey -- and immediately assigned to ECHL Orlando.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound winger was more than an elite fighter, he was an excellent skater with skill that produced offense as well as intimidation.

"He'll really be missed here," Rivermen head coach Jean-Guy Trudel said. "But this is a tremendous day for our organization and for the league, sending a player directly to the AHL. It's a huge indication of how good Alex Carrier is, and how good the SPHL has become. We're proud of him."
http://www.pjstar.com/article/20141125/SPORTS/141129413/10930/SPORTS

It's not Carrier's first stint with the Albany Devils organisation. In 2012-2013, he spent the entire season with the Trenton Titans (ECHL) while under contract with Albany. He also attended Albany's camp this fall.

marlcarp71

Jul 23, 2014
Hi Guys!

I would like to have news about these players. They do not seem the play hockey this year. Can you help me? These are all ex-AHL players.
For some of them I know they had problems like concussion but I would especially like to know if they are retired.

AJ Gale
Arron Asham
Boyd Kane
Cam Barker
Chris Collins
Chrstian Hansson
Tyler Ruegsegger
Dmitry Antipin
Jed Ortmeyer
Tyler Eckford
Warren Peters
Jerret Smithson
Yann Sauvé
Joe Corvo
Joe Lavin
Josh Caron
Jon Sim
Justin Weller
Kenny Reiter
Kory Nagy
Ryan Parent
Scott Zurevinski
Scott Ford
Steven Whitney
Marc-André Bourdon
Matt Beaudoin
Michael Vernace
Michael Rupp
Mike Komisarek
Philippe Lefebvre
Randy Jones
Riley Boychuk

And now, here is a list of players reported as on ''TRY-OUT''
are they still on TRY-OUT or do they signed any contract, or retired.

Rod Pelley
Nicolas Blanchard
Nathan Lawson
Henrik Tallinder
Justin Courtnall
Kenny Ryan
Kevin Raine
Brad Mills
Brandon Maclean
Brandon Yip
Brendan Bell
Chris Mckelvie
Colton Gillies
Corey Cowick
Danny Syvrett
Dustin Stevenson
Francis Wathier
Ian White
Jamie MacQueen
Jeff Deslaurier

Thanks a lot for your help!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Hi Guys!

I would like to have news about these players. They do not seem the play hockey this year. Can you help me? These are all ex-AHL players.
For some of them I know they had problems like concussion but I would especially like to know if they are retired.

AJ Gale
Arron Asham
Boyd Kane
Cam Barker
Chris Collins
Chrstian Hansson
Tyler Ruegsegger
Dmitry Antipin
Jed Ortmeyer
Tyler Eckford
Warren Peters
Jerret Smithson
Yann Sauvé
Joe Corvo
Joe Lavin
Josh Caron
Jon Sim
Justin Weller
Kenny Reiter
Kory Nagy
Ryan Parent
Scott Zurevinski
Scott Ford
Steven Whitney
Marc-André Bourdon
Matt Beaudoin
Michael Vernace
Michael Rupp
Mike Komisarek
Philippe Lefebvre
Randy Jones
Riley Boychuk

Rod Pelley
Nicolas Blanchard
Nathan Lawson
Henrik Tallinder
Justin Courtnall
Kenny Ryan
Kevin Raine
Brad Mills
Brandon Maclean
Brandon Yip
Brendan Bell
Chris Mckelvie
Colton Gillies
Corey Cowick
Danny Syvrett
Dustin Stevenson
Francis Wathier
Ian White
Jamie MacQueen
Jeff Deslaurier

Wathier is still w/ Portland, Brandon Yip is in Norfolk and Ian White is in Providence.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Jon Sim :
"As the director of hockey operations for Nova Scotia, Sim will oversee all the group’s programs that will include providing support to the coaches involved in its NS AAA Series, its NS Elite Program and its NS Prospect Series."
http://www.pictouadvocate.com/2014/10/28/jon-sim-joins-atlantic-hockey-group/

Philippe Lefebvre : Currently studying at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. He'll be eligible to play for them in 2015-2016.

Randy Jones :
@RickRalphTSN
Former #NHLJets Randy Jones underwent emergency surgery this summer for spinal meningitis. Spent 10 days in hospital.

Marc-André Bourdon :
@CharleboisPaul/Play-by-play announcer for the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies on Webcast. 8 hours ago
Les commotions cérébrales ont mis un terme à la carrière de M-André Bourdon. À joue 45 matchs avec les Flyers. Triste fin mais serein.

Translation : Concussions have ended Bourdon's career. A sad ending to a short career but Bourdon remains serene.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rod Pelley - Probably a one-year contract (SPC)
Nicolas Blanchard - Try-out (PTO)
Nathan Lawson - Currently playing for Dorbirner EC in Austria
Henrik Tallinder - PTO
Justin Courtnall - SPC
Kenny Ryan - Either SPC or PTO
Kevin Raine - SPC
Brad Mills - Either SPC or PTO
Brandon Maclean - PTO
Brandon Yip - Either SPC or PTO
Brendan Bell - Either SPC or PTO
Chris Mckelvie - SPC
Colton Gillies - PTO
Corey Cowick - SPC
Danny Syvrett - PTO
Dustin Stevenson - Either SPC or PTO
Francis Wathier - PTO
Ian White - PTO
Jamie MacQueen - Currently playing for Eispiraten Crimmitschau in Germany's second division
Jeff Deslauriers - Currently playing for Riga (KHL)

As mentionned above Corey Cowick is signed to a SPC. He was actually released from his PTO and signed to a SPC a few hours ago by Springfield.
http://falconsahl.com/news/news/?article_id=443

Last edited:

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Gergo Nagy was assigned to Kalamazoo by Chicago which means that he is signed to an AHL contract.

Earlier this afternoon the Wolves reassigned forward Gergo Nagy to the K-Wings.

A seven-year pro, Nagy has earned two assists in six games this season with the Wolves. Playing a majority of his career in Europe, Nagy made his North American debut last season with the Central Hockey League’s Quad City Mallards. Nagy finished second on the Mallards in scoring, racking up 54 points (20 goals, 34 assists) and led the team in plus/minus at +18 in 64 regular season games.
http://www.kwings.com/pressbox/newreleases/?article_id=112

Made the opening-night roster (Either signed to an AHL SPC or a PTO) :
Adirondack : Trevor Gillies and Dustin Stevenson
Albany : Joe Faust and Rod Pelley
Binghamton : Brad Mills
Chicago : Gergo Nagy (Signed AHL contract)
Grand Rapids : Chris Bruton (Signed AHL contract)
Lake Erie : Kenny Ryan
Manchester : Josh Gratton
Norfolk : Brendan Bell and Brandon Yip
Springfield : Corey Cowick (Signed AHL contract) and Domenic Monardo

marlcarp71

Jul 23, 2014
Thank you very much Booba and CHRDANHUTCH for all the information you gave me. Very helpfull.

Now do you have news about these one. (These are the last ones I'd like to know) I know some of them are injured, or had europeans try-out but I would like to know if they still play hockey of if they are retired. Thank you very much for all the help.

Andrew Albert
Zenon Konopka
Arron Asham
Colby Armstrong
Cory Sarich
Daniel Alfredsson
Derek Morris
Douglas Murray
Dustin Penner
Ed Jovanovski
Georges Parros
Hal Gill
Radek Dvorak
Ilya Bryzgalov
Jarkko Ruutu
Jeff Halpern
Jerret Smithson
Joe Corvo
Joni Pitkanen
Krys Barch
Michal Handzus
Michael Rupp
Mike Komisarek
Nathan Lawson
Nikolai Khabibulin
Yann Sauvé
Tomas Vokoun
Todd Bertuzzi
Tim Thomas
Scott Gomez
Sami Salo
Rick Dipietro
Brian Lee
Adam Huxley
Blair Macauley
Chris Collins
Darren Machesney
James Reid
Jean-Michel Rizk
Jeremy Price
Joe Lavin
Jordie Johnston
Josh Caron
Julien Cayer
Tyler Ruegsegger
Scott Zurevinski
Riley Boychuk
Philippe Lefebvre
Kory Nagy
Justin Weller
AJ Gale
Nathan Glass
Dillon Donnellly
Jonas Andersson
David Aebischer
Jarkko Ruutu

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thank you very much Booba and CHRDANHUTCH for all the information you gave me. Very helpfull.

Now do you have news about these one. (These are the last ones I'd like to know) I know some of them are injured, or had europeans try-out but I would like to know if they still play hockey of if they are retired. Thank you very much for all the help.

Andrew Albert
Zenon Konopka
Arron Asham
Colby Armstrong
Cory Sarich
Daniel Alfredsson
Derek Morris
Douglas Murray
Dustin Penner
Ed Jovanovski
Georges Parros
Hal Gill
Radek Dvorak
Ilya Bryzgalov
Jarkko Ruutu
Jeff Halpern
Jerret Smithson
Joe Corvo
Joni Pitkanen
Krys Barch
Michal Handzus
Michael Rupp
Mike Komisarek
Nathan Lawson
Nikolai Khabibulin
Yann Sauvé
Tomas Vokoun
Todd Bertuzzi
Tim Thomas
Scott Gomez
Sami Salo
Rick Dipietro
Brian Lee
Adam Huxley
Blair Macauley
Chris Collins
Darren Machesney
James Reid
Jean-Michel Rizk
Jeremy Price
Joe Lavin
Jordie Johnston
Josh Caron
Julien Cayer
Tyler Ruegsegger
Scott Zurevinski
Riley Boychuk
Philippe Lefebvre
Kory Nagy
Justin Weller
AJ Gale
Nathan Glass
Dillon Donnellly
Jonas Andersson
David Aebischer
Jarkko Ruutu

Daniel Alfredsson has a thread dedicated on the NHL Board, that within a week (12/04) in Ottawa he's retiring;

Tim Thomas is retired;

Riley Boychuk is a FA;

Andrew Alberts is a FA;

Zenon Konopka-FA;

Aaron Asham-UFA;

Colby Armstrong-Sweden;

Cory Sarich faced an auto accident not long ago-UFA;

Derek Morris was not retained by Arizona but is unlikely to return to hockey and is an UFA;

Douglas Murray is a FA;

Dustin Penner is a UFA;

Jovanovski-FA;

Parros-FA;

Gill-FA;

Dvorak-FA;

Bryzgalov-UFA;

Jarkko Ruutu-bought out when Jokerit went KHL;

Halpern-UFA;

Jerred Smithson-UFA;

Corvo-UFA;

Pitkanen-UFA;

Barch-UFA;

Handzus-UFA;

Rupp-UFA;

Komisarek-UFA;

Lawson-Austria;

Khabibulin-UFA;

Sauve-FA;

Vokoun-UFA;

Bertuzzi-FA;

Gomez is a FA, was skating w/ Brodeur who is w/ the Blues;

Salo-UFA;

DiPietro-FA;

Lee-UFA;

Huxley is likely on hiatus because Las Vegas(ECHL) is on hiatus;

Macauley-Tulsa (ECHL);

Collins-Bakersfield (ECHL);

Machesney-Scotland;

Reid- Evansville (ECHL) UP TO 2013;

Rizk-ECHL;

Price-ECHL;

Lavin: traded from Springfield to Providence in 2013;

Johnston-ECHL;

Caron: Minnesota system; HOU TO Iowa; unknown as of 2014;

Lefebrve-College student (UQ Trois Rivieres after 7 year career w/ HAM/ROCKFORD);

Nagy-Toronto Marlies;

Weller is listed on the Coyotes site, but was a FA as part of this year's offer sheet;

Gale-UFA after Denver (CHL/ECHL) suspended ops;

Glass never turned pro in a 3 year career;

Donnelly is a Colorado draftee, not yet eligible;

Andersson-KHL;

Aebischer-Swiss League;

most of these you find by googling and/or wikipedia...

marlcarp71

Jul 23, 2014
Thank you CHRDANHUTCH for your help.

Before I wrote all of these names on the site, I searched for all of them and found a big part of the information you gave me. I was looking for more precise things like the ones you gave me for Huxley and Lefebvre. For many of the other players the informations are not up-to-date. Example: I know Colby Armstrong played in Sweeden in 2013-14 but is he now retired? You said Tim Thomas is retired, I've found nothing about his retirement. Where do you took your information? I know he is probably retired but I have not seen anything precise. Maybe you got something better than me. Andrew Albert suffers concussion and was supposed to retired, but I'm still looking for more preceise information.
Thank you for your help, it's really appreciated. Sorry if my English os not very good it's not my first language. And thank you for your help.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thank you CHRDANHUTCH for your help.

Before I wrote all of these names on the site, I searched for all of them and found a big part of the information you gave me. I was looking for more precise things like the ones you gave me for Huxley and Lefebvre. For many of the other players the informations are not up-to-date. Example: I know Colby Armstrong played in Sweeden in 2013-14 but is he now retired? You said Tim Thomas is retired, I've found nothing about his retirement. Where do you took your information? I know he is probably retired but I have not seen anything precise. Maybe you got something better than me. Andrew Albert suffers concussion and was supposed to retired, but I'm still looking for more preceise information.
Thank you for your help, it's really appreciated. Sorry if my English os not very good it's not my first language. And thank you for your help.

sometimes it took me a while to research and you're very welcome.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Josh Gratton and Domenic Monardo have been released from their PTOs and signed to SPCs.

Adirondack : Trevor Gillies and Dustin Stevenson
Albany : Joe Faust and Rod Pelley
Binghamton : Brad Mills
Lake Erie : Kenny Ryan
Manchester : Josh Gratton (Signed to a SPC)
Norfolk : Brendan Bell and Brandon Yip
Springfield : Domenic Monardo (Signed to a SPC)

Also, Tim Miller, who finished the past year in Abbotsford, is currently playing with the Fischtown Pinguins in the Germany Second Division.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
The Oklahoma City Barons signed defenseman Ben Lindemulder to an American Hockey League contract, the club’s front office announced today. In a separate transaction, the Barons assigned him to the Bakersfield Condors of the ECHL.

Lindemulder, a 5-10, 185-pounder from Edmonton, Alberta has spent the past four seasons with the University of Alberta. During those four seasons, he recorded 45 points (16-29-45) in 110 games. During the 2013-14 season, Lindemulder was awarded the Dr. Randy Gregg Award recognizing excellence in hockey, academics and community involvement.

http://www.okcbarons.com/index.cfm?...cle&guid=820DC88B-99F9-4439-9EB2-FB036C31496E

The Ontario Reign, four-time Pacific Division Champions and proud affiliate of the NHL’s 2014 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings and Winnipeg Jets, have announced that the club has agreed to terms with veteran defenseman Ryan Parent.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound rearguard has appeared in 106 games at the NHL level with the Philadelphia Flyers and Vancouver Canucks, accumulating seven points (1g-6a) and 36 penalty minutes. Parent made his professional debut with the Milwaukee Admirals during the 2006 Calder Cup Playoffs, and has also posted 26 points (4g-22a) and 229 penalty minutes in 217 career AHL matches.

http://www.ontarioreign.com/news/teamnews/?article_id=2375

Parent was under contract with Norfolk last season.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today that forward Colton Gillies has been signed to an American Hockey League contract.

Gillies, 25, was playing on a Professional Try Out for the first 25 games of the season. The White Rock, B.C., native has one goal and two assists in 20 games so far this year.

http://www.soundtigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22700&ATCLID=209804783

-------------------
Since Brendan Bell (27 games played) and Brandon Yip (26 GP) have been on Norfolk's roster for more than 25 games, I'll add them to the list!

Adirondack : Trevor Gillies (9 GP) and Dustin Stevenson (15 GP)
Albany : Joe Faust (11 GP) and Rod Pelley (21 GP)
Binghamton : Brad Mills (2 GP)
Lake Erie : Kenny Ryan (24 GP)

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
The Syracuse Crunch have signed center Kevin Lynch to an American Hockey League contract, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. Lynch has been loaned to the ECHL's Florida Everblades.

Lynch, 23, has one goal in 10 games for the Crunch since signing a professional tryout contact with Syracuse Nov. 12.
http://syracusecrunch.com/news/2014/12/15/Crunch_1215140526.aspx

Also, Iowa will soon have to make a decision on Danny Syvret whose PTO contract is coming to an end. Syvret has scored 10 points in 24 games this season.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Also, Iowa will soon have to make a decision on Danny Syvret whose PTO contract is coming to an end. Syvret has scored 10 points in 24 games this season.

-Iowa finally chose to sign Syvret to another PTO rather than a SPC
Iowa Wild General Manager Jim Mill announced on Wednesday that the American Hockey League (AHL) team has re-signed defenseman Danny Syvret (sivv-rhett) to a professional tryout agreement (PTO
http://www.iowawild.com/fancentral/releases/?article_id=555

-Chicago has signed Ben Eager to a SPC
The Chicago Wolves announced Thursday that they have signed veteran left wing Ben Eager to a Standard Player Contract (SPC).

In his 11th pro season, EAGER brings the experience of 407 National Hockey League games, 176 American Hockey League games, and two championships to the Wolves. He captured the 2010 Stanley Cup with the Chicago Blackhawks and the 2005 Calder Cup with the Philadelphia Phantoms.

The 30-year-old joins the team after starting the season with CSKA Moscow (KHL), where he was held scoreless and posted two penalty minutes in five games. He split last season between Edmonton (NHL)
http://chicagowolves.com/news/releases/4303-wolves-sign-veteran-forward-ben-eager

-Mark Fraser is getting closer to the NHL!
@TGfireandice
Devils sign D Mark Fraser to 1-year, 2-way contract. Was placed on waivers today to be re-added to Albany roster. Was on AHL deal previously

-Nathan Condon has left the Lake Erie organisation to join a Norwegian team. This season, Condon collected 11 points in 19 games with Fort Wayne in the ECHL.

-Warren Peters who was under contract with Iowa in 2013-2014 has signed with SønderjyskE in Denmark.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
@MarkDivver
Colin Stuart signs AHL deal with @AHLBruins . Started season with Malmo in Sweden.

Stuart had 9 points in 31 games with Malmo in Allsvenskan (Sweden's second division)

I'll also had Kenny Ryan (26 games played) and the captain of the Albany Devils, Rod Pelley (23 GP), to the list.

Adirondack : Trevor Gillies (10 GP) and Dustin Stevenson (16 GP)
Albany : Joe Faust (12 GP) and Rod Pelley (Signed to an AHL contract)
Binghamton : Brad Mills (4 GP)
Lake Erie : Kenny Ryan (Signed to an AHL contract)

Also, St. John's will soon need to make a decision on Nicolas Blanchard. Blanchard has played 22 games since joining the Ice Caps on a PTO

-Same thing with Charlotte and AJ Jenks. Jenks has played 23 games this season.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
@ASaunders_PSN
#WBS signed F Jim O’Brien from the Novokuznetsk of the KHL but lose him on AHL waivers to Hershey.

This happened because players coming from Europe to play in the AHL (during the ongoing season) have to go through waivers.

Before being released, O'Brien had scored 12 points (2 goals and 10 assists) in 22 games in the KHL.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
The Binghamton Senators announced they have signed goaltender Peter Mannino to a standard player contract.
http://binghamtonsenators.com/news/topnews/?article_id=1954

According to theahl.com, Taylor Vause was released from his PTO and signed to a SPC by Adirondack. Vause scored 3 goals and 4 assists in 16 games with Adirondack this season.

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today that the team and goaltender Philippe Trudeau have mutually agreed to terminate the goaltender's American Hockey League contract.

The 21-year-old Trudeau has decided to pursue a career playing college hockey in Canada. Trudeau played in eight games with the Stockton Thunder of the East Coast Hockey League this year, posting a 4.15 goals against average and an .886 save percentage.
http://www.soundtigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22700&ATCLID=209830850

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Byron Froese (Toronto) and Dallas Jackson (Hartford) were released from their PTOs and signed to SPCs.

-Froese scored 5 goals and 3 assists in 10 games with the Marlies this season
-Jackson has 6 points in 25 games so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->