Line Combos: 2014-15 vol. II

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Seem to be getting decent production throughout the lineup which is nice to see. I'd still like to see Condra in over Neil on that 4th line, but Neil has played decently enough that McLean isn't going to sit him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Based on performance to date, I would prefer:

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan (locked)
Smith-Zibanejad-Stone (vary the wingers withe the third line wingers based on results)
Hoffman-Lazar-Chiasson
Michalek-Legwand-Neil

I don 't think the players on the 4th line above have done much to deserve more than 4th line minutes at even strength so far. Michalek and Legwand could get some extra minutes on the PK, and move up if they start to perform better on a consistent basis.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
We have to figure on next year too as we'll be going through the same discussions

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Smith - Legwand - Zibanejad
Puempel - Pageau - Chiasson

Michalek or Neil as the 13
Robinson, Prince, Dzingel as call ups

Condra, Greening and one of Neil or Michalek have no spot. BMurr will have to address this at/before the deadline. He needs the roster spots.

Smith, Zibanejad, Neil (to a contender), Michalek could well be traded. Condra and Greening just have to go somewhere else.

Going to be similar with the D (depending on Claesson, Englund, Wikstrand)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm at the point where I no longer care to see Neil in the lineup. Boro, Cowen and Gryba can effectively police the other team. One of them is almost always on the ice anyways.

This is what I want to see:

Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Smith - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Michalek - Legwand - Condra

Michalek can interchange with Smith, whatever works best on the Zibanejad line, but I think getting all our offensive black holes on one line might be best. Condra always seems to be effective at getting the puck to the other end of the ice, so Legwand and him might actually be a pretty effective shutdown line.

Sorry Neil, you've been a great soldier, but it's time to move on.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I'm at the point where I no longer care to see Neil in the lineup. Boro, Cowen and Gryba can effectively police the other team. One of them is almost always on the ice anyways.

This is what I want to see:

Hoffman - Lazar - Stone
Smith - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Michalek - Legwand - Condra

Michalek can interchange with Smith, whatever works best on the Zibanejad line, but I think getting all our offensive black holes on one line might be best. Condra always seems to be effective at getting the puck to the other end of the ice, so Legwand and him might actually be a pretty effective shutdown line.

Sorry Neil, you've been a great soldier, but it's time to move on.

Big fan of those lines.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'm throwing down the gauntlet. That 70s show-stylie.

MaCarthur-Turris-Ryan

Chiasson-Lazar-Hoffman

Greening-Zibanejad-Stone

Condra/Michalek-Legwand-Smith/Neil

But I'd rather call up Robinson and Pageau.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Putting Ryan with Legwand and friggin Greening is such a waste. Chiasson doesn't do squat on the 1st line either.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan (just keep playing them)

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Chiasson (breaking up the kid-line, think these would complement eachother, could also switch Chiasson & Michalek - as he seems to mech with Zib)

Michalek-Lazar-Stone

Then form the 4th line with Smith and preferbly Robinson & Pageau - if they won't be called up, then just roll Legwand, Neil, Greening and Condra and use whichever duo that plays the best.

Robinson-Smith-Pageau

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm with you Bluebook. that 4th line isn't going to happen, but lines 1-3...yes. Ryan HAS to be back with Turris and Macarthur. If not, coach is not earning his money.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Ottawa needs another scoring threat & the UFA Drew Stafford I assume is still available.

MacArthur - Turris - Stafford
Greening - Zibanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson
Michalek - Smith - Stone/Neil

BigBush*

IMO Ottawa needs another scoring threat & the UFA Drew Stafford I assume is still available.

MacArthur - Turris - Stafford
Greening - Zibanejad - Ryan
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson
Michalek - Smith - Stone/Neil

Stafford is definitely not the way to go, especially if that means throwing Stone on the fourth line.
And what about Lazar?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Lazar - Chiasson
Legwand/Smith - Smith/Legwand - Neil
Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Boro

Anderson/Lehner
(Goalies rotate on a per loss basis)​

Just Do Maclean. Just Do It..

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Lazar - Chiasson
Legwand/Smith - Smith/Legwand - Neil
Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba
Boro

Anderson/Lehner
(Goalies rotate on a per loss basis)​

Just Do Maclean. Just Do It..

Like this setup too.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I wish we'd just stick with the things that work. Ever since the fiddling, goals have been drying up. the only thing that might be developing is some michalek-zib chemistry, so...

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Legwand-Smith-Neil

Maclean is back to his old ways way too quick with the bingo balls doing exactly what he said he wouldn't. Hopefully this has to do with ryan and lazar's injuries.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
With Zibanejad occasionally going to RW, has he ever been tried with Turris and MacArthur?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Centre depth at this point would be some order of Turris, Zibanejad, Legwand, Smith, Lazar and Pageau.

Who would we rate after them - Grant? Dzingel? Not a lot.

I think Smith goes at the deadline or before; Legwand finished next year anyway. Who is coming at C?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Centre depth at this point would be some order of Turris, Zibanejad, Legwand, Smith, Lazar and Pageau.

Who would we rate after them - Grant? Dzingel? Not a lot.

I think Smith goes at the deadline or before; Legwand finished next year anyway. Who is coming at C?

Grant is first in line after JGP. He could play this year as a 4th line C I think. He was adequate last year when called up.

But you're right not much after that, although having 7 potential NHL C's is pretty good right now.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Miss DaCosta I guess. Prince can play centre, but they keep him on the LW I think.

We may look at Barzal or Roy in the 1st if they are there. Konecney gone I assume for us.

Nabokov20

Karlsson for Chuck
Sep 21, 2009
Ottawa
Mac - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Lazar - Ryan
Hoffman - Mika - Chiasson
Smith - Legwand - Neil

Methot - Karl
Cowen - Ceci
Philly - Gryba

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
There are nights when I think we should dress 11 forwards and 7 defensemen.

That 4th line is just scary

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
If mac wants to split lines up to try and find more balance, how about putting chiasson(-4) with hoffman(+8) and lazar(+2) or hoffman with zibanejad and chiasson?

I'd like to see that for a bit
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Lazar-Stone

or Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Michalek-Lazar-Chiasson

or Michalek-Zibanejad-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Chiasson

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
^that right there is a 'best players play' lineup. if coach wants to follow through with his words, it would be a start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad